New PlastCraft stuff

Dirial

Those look really amazing, but the prices are pretty steep.  It would be super expensive to outfit a whole table with that terrain.

Really do like the prepainted nature of the pieces though - with my limited hobby time, painting terrain is low on my priority list.

Huh, no I had not seen those yet.  Thanks for the post.  I am more in line to build my own terrain at the moment if possible but those are not bad.  Maybe not a whole table of the stuff as said they are costly, but something like the first or second picture with a swamp board could really add depth to the board.

Though I have to wonder how you are suppose to get up to the house in the first picture with the short little steps.  LOL

Yeah pre-colored as far as I know, looks nice.

One thing I found a pity is that the 'table' shot they have on the website includes some train track pieces which have not appeared so are apparently not included, so we can get the Station, the accessories but have to do the tracks ourselves, I suppose that is relatively simple but the themed track in the table shot looks nice so pity..

11032670_1000621219972432_13434438111406

• Like 1

That board has 1 of everything.

Malifaux needs more terrain than normal, but remember you're also only filling up a 3x3 and these are pretty big.

I'm hoping their original line goes into the pre-coloured range too. I hate painting terrain, and will happily pay extra if I don't have to do it.

Pre Coloured?!

That's just brilliant. I'll happily pay a little bit more to save myself many hours of likely doing a worse paint job.

And because I'm Australian and have played 40k for years these prices look basically free to me :P

I was already going to buy the current range but I honestly can't go past this stuff if it's painted. Looks fantastic and will help me greatly as I finally start to get into this game.

EDIT: I've just had a look at the Australian prices through an online retailer (the combat company) and they seem more than fair to me.

Has anyone got any experience working out the size for scale train tracks for Malifaux? This terrain is begging for some tracks and I'd be curious if a standard size model train set track would be perfect or if I'd be better of constructing my own.

If I recall correctly, HO is the closest in scale to 28mm(30mm/32mm).  None of the typical railroad scales are 100% accurate though.

EDIT: Don't listen to my faulty brain. HO is like 1:72 which is too small (it'll look wrong).  Solicitor 6 got it closer below me (next page) with O gauge (1:48). 28mm is 1:58 and 30mm is 1:54.

• Like 1

Still working on painting my second piece of the original PlastCraft Malifaux release. They're a bit of a build, but nothing you didn't learn from Lego sets as a kid, and the end product is more sturdy than you'd think when you first pull the foam out of the box. The part where I don't have to paint them, but still can if I want??? Worth the extra money, no question.

And if you ask me, those things look to be pretty much exactly Christmas gift priced! Plan ahead, folks!

Judging from the Infinity precolored sets, they are about 20-30% more expensive than their unpainted equivalents.

Overall the price is comparable to MDF stuff. It is lighter which is both good and bad but deems durable so far. Haven't tried the painted kits yet and I got mixed feelings on those since I got an airbrush, but I also have been too lazy to paint the infinity and am just now paining my Garden of Morr which got when it released I want to say fifty years ago give or take.

I also make use of the plastcrafy old west building since, despite being a hair small are dirt cheap, easy to build and really thematic. I want to see some of the prepaints in person, but I am betting I will buy at least 1.

I've been browsing their stuff at my FLGS a lot. There seems to be a big gulf between Plastcrafts older generic lines and their newer licensed lines.

Their older lines are cheap as chips, you get exactly what you pay for. Very simple buildings with little in the way of detail outside of some occasional resin peices and a few bits with pressed in detail. A good example is the aforementioned Wild West buildings. There's no pressed in detail, it's all just flat PVC, with detail coming from the odd slightly thicker PVC strip as a railing or a framed awning. It is, however, very, very cheap.

Their licensed stuff has been the complete opposite (well, not the earlier stuff). Lots of pressed in detail, fairly complex to construct, with layers to give a better looking result. Having built a bit of Infinity stuff, almost every peice has pressed in detail, there's built up internal framework to make them sturdier, the overall build is more complex with layers like edging that hides connection points, with resin bits for added detail - some with quite a lot of resin bits. The earlier stuff is simpler, but gradually they got more complex and detailed.

The Malifaux stuff is the same, with the added benefit of every peice being entirely punched out of the PVC sheet, and without the early steps the Infinity range had.

They really did step up their game when producing the licensed lines. They had to. And, well, you pay for that.

Actually, for train scale comparison, O scale is more in line than HO scale.  I used O scale track for basing my Rail Crew, and have used O scale crates, steamer trunks, and barrels for basing accessories.

HO scale comes off too small.  It can possibly work if you are looking to scale some items for Gremlins, but even then, it is a bit small. 

Ooo a trainstation! I could find a use for that... it is a bit boring looking, though. I seem to remember buying an entire WHFB Manor set for 100$ CAD and that is a boatload of terrain with options. 45 EU is too steep for me and my terrain collection contains more than enough options.

There is a strange cartoony like aesthetic to this line too that I can't get over... not to say I wont be paying attention to the new stuff coming out. I think I've been spoiled by WHFB terrain and this jigsaw looking stuff just does'nt compare looks wise.

Actually, for train scale comparison, O scale is more in line than HO scale.  I used O scale track for basing my Rail Crew, and have used O scale crates, steamer trunks, and barrels for basing accessories.

HO scale comes off too small.  It can possibly work if you are looking to scale some items for Gremlins, but even then, it is a bit small. 

Yup, you've got the right of it. My brain recall not so good.

Since I bothered to go looking the stuff up again though, it looks like S Guage might be a better match.  All depends on whether you prefer your stuff just slightly too small or just slightly too large ;)