Feathered Missiles of Doom

ClkwrkBldr

Question

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's why I'm asking afterall, would the following be correct?

A Guild Austringer uses its Raptor Attack, normally a 12 inch range, but with Foucs to gain the (gun symbol) 18 inch range, therefore  gaining the Projectile symbol along with the bonus range; meaning that attack  loses the "ignores cover" part of the normal range 12 attack, and  has to follow the rules for Projectiles.  ( page 38 of the big rulebook)

Just asking because I think the group I'm in has been letting that bit slide, and it makes the Austringer a bit OP, but figured I'd ask and see what thoughts are on the topic.

No it doesn't lose its ignores cover. It still ignores Los and cover as it says so in the attack. You just have to randomize into combat then if you shoot it with focus and to 18" if you shoot into 12" you can shoot without randomising.

This. Also you cannot do it while engaged.

And yes, Austringers are quite strong.

Even one is enough to make it non-friendy.

Like Belles, Nurses, Slop haulers, Pigs, hanged, silurids etc. ;)

Deem it friendly or not if you've ever been on the receiving end of 2 Austringers I doubt you'll walk away from that game thinking that are fun or friendly. 

Meh,If I see 2 Austringers, I know what they will be doing. I can handle that (or at least plan on it). They're solid, and have some great options. But I don't find 2 particually annoying. (well anymore annoying than several other ways to have spent those 12 stones would have been).

They're solid, and have some great options. But I don't find 2 particually annoying. (well anymore annoying than several other ways to have spent those 12 stones would have been).

Jeez, how much does the mech rider cost again?  :)

I think a lot of people find things that ignore line of sight very irksome in wargames. You tend to not expect it and get up trapped in an unfun situation at least once. There's about a million other ways for that to happen to you in Malifaux though, so I don't think Austringers need such a bad rap.