Mei Feng and upgrades

Jas

Vapormancy for the trigger and attack type variety/accurate attack; Seismic claws for the chaining attack trigger; third is whatever suits my current play style, crew, schemes, etc. I don't consider it necessary to take a third, but there are a ton of strong generic and specific options, so I usually load her out with the full 3.

Vapormancy for the trigger and attack type variety/accurate attack; Seismic claws for the chaining attack trigger; third is whatever suits my current play style, crew, schemes, etc. I don't consider it necessary to take a third, but there are a ton of strong generic and specific options, so I usually load her out with the full 3.

Same, actually. Third to suit my need, first two Vapormancy & Seismic

I always regret when I don't take Seismic claws, even though I don't use it as much as I think I do. 

Imbued Energies is amazing with her - extra movement or punching is so good.

I will often take Arcane Reservoir, an extra card is good for everyone.

I've heard lots of people (^--) love Vapormancy, but I tend not to value it that highly. The extra attack action is good, but eh, I'm ok without. And the trigger to get Vent Steam is really nice, but I'm usually ok spending an AP to vent if I need to.

I couldn't even tell you what her other upgrades are. :P

• Like 1

I've heard lots of people (^--) love Vapormancy, but I tend not to value it that highly. The extra attack action is good, but eh, I'm ok without. And the trigger to get Vent Steam is really nice, but I'm usually ok spending an AP to vent if I need to.

I like the Vent Steam trigger, mainly using it after I rail walk + kick someone, then trigger the Vent Steam off the kick. I usually take the Arcane Effigy as well with her as it adds cheap condition removal to the crew as well as allowing all of her attacks to give out burning unless the opponent discards (take burning, or lose a card...win/win to me either way).

Vapormancy is #1 for Mei. Vent steam is what she's all about. 

I thought she was all about Seismic claws, by like Rythos, I found I was using it less than I thought. For me, it's dropped down to a maybe option.

Arcane Reservoir and Seize the day are both great options. 

Hard worker is always worth considering

My problem Decker, is that when I don't take Seismic Claws, I always end up in a situation with a 13 of Tomes or Masks in my hand and a bunch of people surrounding her who need their hobby wrecked! So I just started taking it by default...

But yeah, Vent Steam is the way. Especially if your opponent plays Sonnia. Then you just vent all the steam and laugh while s/he is crying into their empty soulstone pool.

Imbued Prot is good too, but for 2ss, unless Assassinate is in the pool, I don't bother. (and recently I've been playing someone else for Assassinate)

Vapormancy is the king of the pile, simply having the option of doing a kick when I want to push and a vapor burst when I don't is pure gold. Seismic Claws I don't really use much if ever anymore, barely ever used it and can operate well enough with the rest of the package (who would have thought...). As a Ten Thunders I tend to go with on Wings of Wind and Recalled Training, but outside of that, marker removal is always something I take some time to consider and Hard Worker seems pretty awesome to me since it lets Mei ignore Armor and Hard to wound with her 0 action which lets her punch through things that would normally cramp her style. Te only one that never makes the cut is Price of Progress, I just don't kill enough with her to warrant it instead of the other options I can take, or that's how I feel.

• Like 1

Claws first - chain attacks are fun!

Imbued Energies- more attacks!

Smash, for scheme marker removal schemes and strats. Otherwise not - why get out of combat ??

Never got much use out of vapour, but I've not played vs many shorty crews. Oh, and Sonia always seems like she has targets who are on fire already....

Usually seismic and arcane reservoir. I agree that vapormancy is great. Thunderous smash would be a big consideration if i was facing ressers ti remove markers. Its also nice for scheme markers obviously. Seize the day is another good one since theres often something you really want to activate first if you are playing aggressively.

Hard worker is also something to consider if you think you will face lots of armour of course. I never take price of progress.

If you're learning Mei Feng, what might eb a good idea is to try her with no upgrades for a game, then try each or her upgrades on its own. Its a lot of time, but it should hopefully give you a decent idea how each of the upgrades can change what she does.

personally I like Seismic claws as extra attacks are good. I  also like Aracne resevoir on any Arcanist master, as Cards are good. Imbued energies is always good as extra attacks are good.

I always worry that if I use thuderous smash I lose my rail walker points.

Whenever I take Thunderous Smash, I usually end up not using it. You'd think that against ressers, or when the scheme/strategy gets people to clump with scheme markers that it would be king, but Mei always ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time for me. :)

I always regret when I don't take Seismic claws, even though I don't use it as much as I think I do. 

Imbued Energies is amazing with her - extra movement or punching is so good.

I will often take Arcane Reservoir, an extra card is good for everyone.

I couldn't even tell you what her other upgrades are. :P

I never used to value Vapormancy until I started playing against crews with lots of Incorporeal models (Dreamer in particular), where the upgrade really started to make it's stones' worth. Minimum 2 damage is really bad when it's being halved, and Vapormancy gives you a Ca (with  :blast to make it even more useful!) to side-step the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

For me its pretty well alwys Vapormancy and then Imbued Protection. The sometimes extras are Imbued energies, arcane resevoir, seize the day and seismic claws but it varies whether I take the third upgrade or not, more often than not due to my mood at the time