The evil Yin the Penangalan

StuffedKiwi

One of my regular opponents has run Yin (in a Yan Lo Rezzer crew) against me a couple of times recently, and I'm finding her tough to counter (one game I had a Dreamer-summoning crew, the other a Pandora-Reckoning crew). Both of Yin's Mass of Viscera ability (-ve flips to attack and damage against her) and her Gnawing Fear attack (gives -ve flip to your Ca and Wp duels) are very disruptive. Any suggestions for Neverborn things that work well against her?

Charge her with a Mature. She doesn't like :+fate on hit with weak 4.

Similarly you could just use Lilith with Living Blade. Use Tangled Shadows or any of the multiple push effects within the crew (Barbaros, Lilith upgrades, Mature Nephilim, Cherub, Graves etc) to bring Yin in and you get  :+fate to Attack and Damage flips without needing to charge, if you push her in you'll even get a free attack from the Living Blade upgrade. Lilith utterly destroys Yin. Failing that a good few focused slaps from other heavy hitters do the job nicely as well. 

I just love Yin. Everything about her. If I played Resser, she would probably be in every list.

*goes looking for the 'Mako paints Yin' article*

"Bayou" Chronicles 11 - Page 46

Similarly you could just use Lilith with Living Blade. Use Tangled Shadows or any of the multiple push effects within the crew (Barbaros, Lilith upgrades, Mature Nephilim, Cherub, Graves etc) to bring Yin in and you get  :+fate to Attack and Damage flips without needing to charge, if you push her in you'll even get a free attack from the Living Blade upgrade. Lilith utterly destroys Yin. Failing that a good few focused slaps from other heavy hitters do the job nicely as well. 

It works, but I found it risky. She hits reliably, but the weak of 3 means you'll have to assume that Lilith needs 3 hits. And while Lilith utterly destroys Yin, the reverse is also true. Once hit with Gnawing Fear, Lilith is in a bad position against many Resser lists.

Take Collodi & Friends. 

Remove Condition by Arcane Effigy, Spread Focus to Stitched or other minions by Fated. Kill her by Focused Minions.

As the finish, Eat her corpse by Carrion Effigy's Buff. 

"hmmm... she tastes like zombie."

So I mostly use Collodi against ressers. His puppets can solve any problems by them.

It works, but I found it risky. She hits reliably, but the weak of 3 means you'll have to assume that Lilith needs 3 hits. And while Lilith utterly destroys Yin, the reverse is also true. Once hit with Gnawing Fear, Lilith is in a bad position against many Resser lists.

Thanks for the good suggestions. Like Dirial, I've found that many of the things that are good against Yin are also quite vulnerable to her -- so I guess it's a matter of timing and placement.

Last time I had to deal with Yin as a resser I think it was with Zoraida.  I ended up obeying his Izamu to hit her as her Mass of Viscera ability only works on enemy models.  Did good damage there as she did not have Hard to Wound so with Izamu's positive to damage I got a strait result and was able to deal 4 damage right there.  After that I Obeyed a Ashigaru to Lunge at her.  She ended up dying at the end of that turn due to the poison the Ashigaru gave her.

Anyway you can make your opponent's own models attack her will help you alot as she lacks the traditional Hard to Wound that undead often have due to Mass of Viscera.  Also they don't have to take a Terrifying test to attack.  Zoraida can also Obey her own models to take the Focus action so that they can still charge her and get one decent attack.  Collodi can make them attack her as well with his triggers if you set it up right too.  Collodi can also use My Will on his own models and they will have the positive to hit to at least get a strait attack there.

• Like 5

Mmm, I like the 'flay' idea. And the Black Blood idea.

Also, it turned out, Lelu with double-plus flips from Lilitu's 'Whispers in the Blood' worked well. Then Yan Lo resummoned Yin, of course, and then Doppleganger focused, copied Lelu's attack, and took her down again (with the poison). So I think it turns out yes, there are many Nevrborn options, from the simple (focus) to the list-building (take Collodi/take Zoraida), to using specific models or upgrades. So thanks, forum-hive-mind, I now no longer feel quite so helpless. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Would Nekima be a good counter to Yin? Never faced the she-viscera thing....but high wp, high weak dg, instant black blood damage...it does seem to connect with what you guys are saying. She does lack a + to hit though.

She can be good, but she might need a SS to get the :+fate . She can use a SS, at least, so that's good.