Five Models every Neverborn Player should own

necroon

Anyone ever make their Primordial Magic do something? Mine sorta....sits there. Slowly shuffling back and forth, being a potential scheme marker....they're like snails in fish tanks. Good for the environment, but not precisely "active".

It gives you an activation and a card for just standing around, which is rather good for 2ss. However it is damn useful in other areas too! It makes it so easy to score for Protect Territory, amazing for scheme like spring the trap and plant explosives (especially if you can push it around), and it can make stuff insignificant. The latter will force enemy models to go after the Puke Snake, and since it is incorporeal it can be tricky to catch even with a walk of 4".

1. Silurid ("Leap for the win!")

2. Illuminated ("Supertank made of drugs! And it's got a gun too!")

3. Teddy ("Beatstick with a Swiss Army Knife at the end!")

4. Primordial Magic ("I bypass all the Interact rules and go straight to the VP!")

5. Doppelganger ("I bypass all the Interact rules and go straight to the VP!")

1) Beckoner - If you dont see the use in Luring models towards your melee crew... uh, sure buddy

2) Illuminated - Solid Tank Beater with minion for any buff masters

3) Weaver Widow - Drop those Wp stats, great for horror great for Wp attackers

4) Waldgeist - I am Groot

5) Collodi - The Master You Should Have Been Playing

• Like 3

Smells like pro puppet propaganda in here....and why is that a tag still?!

Because it's true. Duhhhhhhhhhhhh (?).

ANYWAY:

1) Illuminated - minor beats - alternatively, Stitched Together for versatility in synergistic thematics (AND the need for at least one Puppet in top slot!!! PRAISE THE SHINE)

2) Teddy - major beats - alternatively, Bad Juju in a majorly-Swampfiend list

3) Beckoners - debuffs and lures - alternatively, Waldgeists to tarpit

4) Insidious Madness - a speedy objective runner (or 3!) Alternatively, Tots, but I don't like them much due to personal aesthetic issues with most Nephilim

5) The Nephilim Twins - for extreme versatility in combat and out (as they are a package, no? Also, I like them because they are Woes and Nightmares, not because they are Nephilim, but that's okay too - the Nephilim thing for me is the only reason I put them at #5 instead of roughly #2-3)

~Lil Kalki

1. Silurid (generally worth 3-6VP in most games)

2. Waldgeist (A damage soak in an otherwise brittle faction, plus who doesn't love a 4" melee?)

3. Doppelganger (very versatile, cheating the initative flip and interacting while engaged)

4. Beckoner/Lilitu (Tied, because they're both good and they bring the awesomeness that is Lure)

5. Teddy (Because sometimes you REALLY need to kill things. ;) )

This is what I'd recommend, regardless of which Master you're using. Well, except for Collodi that is, who IMO seems to love puppets too much to consider taking much else. :P

You know, interesting fact about the Trifecta Twins: If Lelu is suffering massive damage (via summoning or otherwise), have him bite Lilitu; with the whole Vampiric thing, he can heal what he deals, and heal Lilitu the same, effectively negating the attack sans the healing to Lelu. I heard about my friend doing that and I think that is ingenious, if it is viable (which, to be fair, I didn't fact check it, so I am not positive on the rules for either yet, but it sounds right).

~Lil Kalki

Really? 

Now, I am in no way trying to call you out but I know in my group we consider him lackluster. 

What do you like about him and how do you use him? 

His push is great for getting a model up the board without using up an action (Tannen, Lynch, Blood Shaman, ect), he's actually fairly tough as long as you don't pit him up against the dedicated melee master or enforcer, acts as a secondary beat stick and tends to attract more attention then he really should all of which leads to 8SS well spent in my book. 

Also him and a nearby Doppleganger can lead to some serious shenanigans and some unexpected speed on the two.

• Like 2

His push is great for getting a model up the board without using up an action (Tannen, Lynch, Blood Shaman, ect), he's actually fairly tough as long as you don't pit him up against the dedicated melee master or enforcer, acts as a secondary beat stick and tends to attract more attention then he really should all of which leads to 8SS well spent in my book. 

Also him and a nearby Doppleganger can lead to some serious shenanigans and some unexpected speed on the two.

Good points - thanks for sharing!