Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

In previous years, have the GenCon burst been released to normal channels quickly afterwards or it been staggered over several months?

Last year the wait was months long for some products. Might be different this year because last year's products were the very first M2E boxes.

So I started doing up a spreadsheet for the known/likely releases at Gencon (as above, ninja shopping so sine organizing is needed).

From what I can tell, Wyrd seems to be putting out WAY more at Gencon than they have in past years. Thus far it looks like;

- Crossroads

- 7 Arsenal Decks

- Through the Breach (2 books)

- 7 Crew Boxes

- Strategy/Scheme Deck

- 2x Fate Decks

- Nightmare Whiskey Golem

- 9 "Other" Box sets

Those are all new releases, and may or may not include the August releases they've announced earlier, plus the transparent orange, brown and clear bases that were also announced a few months back (EDIT: plus all those plastics repackaged for M2E, come to think of it)

I don't have exact numbers, but that's significantly more than they brought to the last few Gencons.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that while we all want more info on exactly what will be available and for how much, I'm starting to understand how busy they must be at the moment!

So This,

Has Wyrd in the past Gen Cons & Black Fridays put up old Nightmare/Limiteds from prior years?  The meat of the question is that I want a NE Tara Box and I'm wondering if it might show up on the online store during Gen Con or if I should try and find it from other sources.  I'm just wondering based off of past years if they've ever done that sort of thing.

They have never done it at gencon, but Black Friday, or the Birthday sale has contained old Limited edition sculpts. They say its just the stock they have in the warehouse, and when its gone, its gone.

Gencon is hectic enough for them that I don't think they need the hassle of clearing out old Sculpts, so I wouldn't expect to see it.

The Gen con product has soemtimes not been released for 6 months. This has included other non gencon seen product coming out before them.

These boxes will stores, btu it might not be this year.I've seen stuff before not slated for release until Feb or March. Thats been fairly standard for the past4 years, so not just M2E related.

I'm pretty sure the McMourning crew was available at Gencon last year wasn't it?  And that didn't hit retail until end of March so a fairly substantial wait in some instances.

I think, McM wasn't, but Seamus was. McM came out Black Friday, together with Nicodem. At Gencon, there was one box of each faction, Gremlins excluded (and TT kind of excluded, because they didn't get new stuff):

Justice, Seamus, Raspy, Lilith, Victorias. And Tara, of course.

Those were all availabe regularly by December, if I remember correctly.

Crew boxes will be priced the same as the regular ones directly from Wyrd which I think is $40-$50 each.  Miss Ery is only for orders over $100 and is one per order for web orders.  No idea on the Whisky Golem, I think NE Tara crew was around $80 so I would expect the Golem to be $40-$50 on it's own.

Pretty sure the Arachnids are just the full sprue of them as opposed to the half sprues...which occasionally were cut wrong (though newer boxes had them taken off and then bagged individually).  This would just make them less packaging intensive (and honestly, who couldn't use more spiders?...probably me...I've got 9 individual, 2 swarms, and another 2 boxes to assemble >_>).

As far as GenCon boxes and pricing, I'd guess the Whiskey Golem in the $40-60 range.  The crews will be $40-50 (probably dependent on the amount of sprues and size of models involved - Von Schill might be $40, but I'd almost guarantee Zoraida will be $50). 

I'm betting the Golem and a crew box will push you into the $100 range without much issue - might want to grab an extra single box. 

This is a decent year for both Neverborn and Gremlins - pick up the Dreamer and Zoraida/Lucius and you'll probably have enough to get a free Teddy (Miss Ery).  Gremlins get at least 2 new crew boxes to grab and a spectacular-looking Nightmare model.  Lucky vermin :P

• Like 2

Yup there was a single box or arachnids - 3 spiders, this one is 6 spiders.

@Jonahmaul: Remember Nightmare Hanging Tree was $80 so I could imagine the same price tag for NE Whiskey Golem. Just syaing there's a precedent. I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

D.

I've not ordered from Gencon before and wasn't aware of the price on Hanging Tree Daemonkin.  Be interesting to see how much it goes for as there will be a point where it puts people off.  I'm not sure if I'll be picking it up anyway but if it's nearer $40 I may be tempted.  Guess we'll find out soon enough!