Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

From Eric: We will have more strat decks later for normal release, we are just selling out of our early Gen Con supplies

Unfortunately, I live in France and wanted to group my order like I do whenever there is an event (Gencon, Black Friday...) for a question of shipping costs and special edition miniatures.

I don't understand why there are no preorders if physical availability is an issue. Too bad for me.

Casey can you give us a rough idea when the Strat/Scheme Decks and the Wave 2 decks will be available at retail? Same with the new crew boxes? 

Strat/Schemes & Arsenal - October

New Crew boxes - we won't have that announcement ready until after Gen Con. It's Oct-Jan release time frame.

They had quantities at the start of the event, i do assume the webstore keeps an inventory check when orders are processed...and pops red flags when something goes BO (hence the decks poofing on the site). So if your order processed, i'd say there's good odds of getting it...although my assumption may be flawed ;)

The one and only option for shipping for me was:

FedEx Home Delivery 2 Day.

On an order costing $137 (1 Crew Box, 1 Golem, 3 Arsenal Decks), shipping was $19.50.

On an order costing $101 (4 Arsenal Decks, 4 Small Plastic Kits), shipping was $19.50.

On an order costing $105 (Golem, Cross Roads), shipping was $19.86.

And on an order costing $100 (2 Crew boxes), shipping was $16.78.

And this is just to Florida. I have no idea what is going on here.

Also, another thing that just came to mind. Would that last order qualify for the Miss, or does it need to made a dollar (or penny) higher?

I came on here re: this same issue. Also in Florida, unable to select any other type of shipping. I thought I read somewhere that the warehouse is in Marietta, GA. $16 or more to ship two crew boxes from GA to FL? I'm calling shenanigans.

Shipping is always a killer, I live in Australia and my order was......... well pretty over the top.

I had to absorb a pretty impressive shipping hit, over 10% of the value of the order. But basically that is the tale that I've learned to live with.

I reckon give it a couple more years and it might actually be cheaper for me to join Rathnard and travel to GenCon because the flights to US will be cheaper than the damn postage to Australia. Not Wyrds fault, as much as I'd love free shipping on orders over $xxx it would result in them burning a substantial amount of profit (which tbh I'll happily sink into the company as an investment in them continuing to produce high quality game/minis) because I guarantee that the postal service doesn't do "free shipping because you post a lot of stuff".

I love my country, I'd love it more if it was closer to the Atlantic or if someone invented cost effective teleportation. :angry: Pay the highest shipping and get the product the slowest via courier dolphin :(

• Like 1

I came on here re: this same issue. Also in Florida, unable to select any other type of shipping. I thought I read somewhere that the warehouse is in Marietta, GA. $16 or more to ship two crew boxes from GA to FL? I'm calling shenanigans.

Fedex is highway robbery with crap service.

How is it that international orders can be done via USPS and much cheaper than domestic orders?  Can I please have my state secede from the Union for a few months so I can get in on the cheaper international shipping?

• Like 3

That is also why I do one order. While it means I miss out on extra bonus minis the shipping on my order was significantly higher if I divided it down.

As it was scary enough I just took one big hit not several smaller which resulted in larger conglomerate damage.

Shipping is always a killer, I live in Australia and my order was......... well pretty over the top.

I had to absorb a pretty impressive shipping hit, over 10% of the value of the order. But basically that is the tale that I've learned to live with.

I reckon give it a couple more years and it might actually be cheaper for me to join Rathnard and travel to GenCon because the flights to US will be cheaper than the damn postage to Australia. Not Wyrds fault, as much as I'd love free shipping on orders over $xxx it would result in them burning a substantial amount of profit (which tbh I'll happily sink into the company as an investment in them continuing to produce high quality game/minis) because I guarantee that the postal service doesn't do "free shipping because you post a lot of stuff".

I love my country, I'd love it more if it was closer to the Atlantic or if someone invented cost effective teleportation. :angry: Pay the highest shipping and get the product the slowest via courier dolphin :(

I feel your pain, my order attracted shipping costs that were 20% of the total purchase. I figure that's a good indication to Wyrd though of how highly I regard their product :D

Cheers,

Woo.

So it's safe to say that I shouldn't hold my breath expecting a different domestic shipping method any time soon?

No, there won't be a different US shipping option added.

However, we at Wyrd are firm believers in your body; your choice, so if holding gets you the jollies, go ahead. Though we'd add the disclaimer that you do it near a couch.

• Like 1

No, there won't be a different US shipping option added.

I don't even know what to say...

WYR20408-HideNSeek.jpg Hide and Seek - Dreamer Box Set

Neverborn Box Set, containing nine 32mm 'heroic' scale miniatures made of high quality plastic, Stat Cards and Upgrade Cards. Will require some preparation and assembly.

$50.00 x = $50.00 Delete item   Box-Whiskey.png Nightmare Edition Whiskey Golem

This years Nightmare Edition is the Whiskey Golem, standing just shy of 90mm tall. This model will currently only be available during the period of Gencon.

$60.00 x = $60.00 Delete item  
Subtotal: $110.00  

Destination: Honolulu , Hawaii , United States , 96822

FedEx Home Delivery® - 6 days $35.22

WYR20408-HideNSeek.jpg Hide and Seek - Dreamer Box Set

Neverborn Box Set, containing nine 32mm 'heroic' scale miniatures made of high quality plastic, Stat Cards and Upgrade Cards. Will require some preparation and assembly.

$50.00 x = $50.00 Delete item   Box-Whiskey.png Nightmare Edition Whiskey Golem

This years Nightmare Edition is the Whiskey Golem, standing just shy of 90mm tall. This model will currently only be available during the period of Gencon.

$60.00 x = $60.00 Delete item  
Subtotal: $110.00  

Destination: Kyoto , Japan , 602-0061

International Shipping $10.00 FedEx International Economy® - Thu Aug 21

$31.53

• Like 1

Maybe you pay extra for the time (getting the stuff inside a week)? It took about a month for me to get the Black Friday order (though I think HMRC were mainly responsible for that.), plus tax, so it probably ends up around the same price for shipping to the UK.

Still, that is pretty crazy!

Duty only applies on items worth more than £200ish so its only VAT that they could potentially charge. and for that amount, i doubt they'll bother. last 2 orders i've done (black friday and last years gencon) there was no charges. it is entirely dependant on the way its packaged/labelled and the customs officer though.