Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

Patience is not a problem for me.  And if we didn't find out until next Tuesday I can cope on a personal level.  What puts me in a bind is a certain friend who wants me to pick up a bunch of stuff for them, and yet isn't willing to pay up until they know exacts.  Puts me in an odd spot.  Be a good friend and have a potentially significant amount of cash tied up, or be a jerk and make them order it off the website.  Decisions...

Since we have no definite announcement we should just speculate right?!  I'm going to guess that there will be one crew from each faction and that they will mostly (if not all) be from Wave 2 to launch the new book/cards.  Here are my educated guesses:

Outcast - Jackdaw (probably NE), maybe Von Schill as well

Ressers - Kirai or Molly (please be both)

Arcanists - Collette

Gremlins - Brewmaster

Ten Thunders - Shen Long

NB - not a clue

Guild - also not a clue.

Based on the art we might get all the new riders too?

Anybody want to add/refute?

• Like 1

Since we have no definite announcement we should just speculate right?!  I'm going to guess that there will be one crew from each faction and that they will mostly (if not all) be from Wave 2 to launch the new book/cards.  

Anybody want to add/refute?

Resser - Kirai (because of the Ikiryo render)

Outcast - Levi (because of the DE)

Gremlins - Ophelia (her crew renders were spotted, as well)

NB - Dreamer (Art published way back, and Coppelius render spotted)

Guild - maybe Lucius (because his art is out for a while)

No clue about the others, and of course this is all speculation.

My guess is all remaining wave 1 masters minus Tara, one wave 2 master from each faction.

Guild: Lucius

Resers: Kirai

Arcanists: Ironsides

Neverborn: Zoraida, The Dreamer

Outcasts: Von Schill, Leveticus

Gremlins: Ophelia, Brewmaster, Mah Tucket

Ten Thunder: Shenlong

It's been said many times that there won't be any Wave 2 models coming in plastic this year.  I would still wager that doesn't hold true to Nightmares, though.   For that, my my only guess is:

All the Wave 1 Masters who haven't been plasticized yet, but specifically the ones who don't already have existing models (Tara and Brewmaster, I'm lookin' at you).

It's been said many times that there won't be any Wave 2 models coming in plastic this year.  I would still wager that doesn't hold true to Nightmares, though.   For that, my my only guess is:

All the Wave 1 Masters who haven't been plasticized yet, but specifically the ones who don't already have existing models (Tara and Brewmaster, I'm lookin' at you).

Eric indicated in A Wyrd Place on FB that there would be Wave 2 stuff at GenCon barring shipping/transport problems.  He didn't say what or how much and obviously the "barring problems" qualifier is there for a reason but there should be some Wave 2 stuff for people to put their grubby little hands on.  I'm hoping at least 2 crew boxes given the various teases of art/renders but other than that I've got no guesses.

If given the chance, the things that I would like to own after a gencon order:

Both Books (Crossroads and Through the Breach)

Most of the Wave 2 Decks (Everything but Gremlins, baby!)

If the NE edition is something that I can't pass up (Arcanist or Guild, so if it's Kaeris, I'm gonna flip my crap)

And that should get me enough in the cart for a Limited Miss, whoever it happens to be. I've been thinking of starting Kirai, so I may end up doing that, mostly for the New Seishin, but i like the old Kirai metal... So I'll probably end up getting that as well.

ENinja

I'm still looking forward to the "And More" at the bottom of the page.

I'll have to pick up that nightmare golem, even though it's gremlins, but nothing else is *really* jumping at me yet (aside from books and decks of course).  Still good to see some of these crews getting a release even though I'm not personally all that interested.

Forgot about Ironsides, I'm changing my Arcanist speculation to that!

The Ophelia box was due for release today so although it might be at Gencon it won't be a Gencon release per se.

Ophelia was on Wyrd's releases around Q1 or something, was pulled because of too few Young LaCroix and not put back until now. Various retailers kept it on their coming products lists and just pushing it forward, though.

---

So what's nightmarish about the Whiskey Golem? It's the same art as on page 284 of the rulebook (and on the card). 

Dreamer box seems to have the best-looking LCB yet.  I'm a bit disappointed in them using that...art...for Zoraida's model. 

I'm also now a bit bothered by the Nightmare Whiskey Golem apparently just being the one from the book - what's the normal version look like then? XD 

Kirai's crew looks nice as well, but I still don't know if I like her playstyle.

• Like 1

Dreamer box seems to have the best-looking LCB yet.  I'm a bit disappointed in them using that...art...for Zoraida's model. 

I'm also now a bit bothered by the Nightmare Whiskey Golem apparently just being the one from the book - what's the normal version look like then? XD 

Kirai's crew looks nice as well, but I still don't know if I like her playstyle.

Amusingly, Kirai is missing Datsue Ba, Lucius has Guild Guard (and I'm still not sure if the fat guy is a guild Sergeant or Dashel).

There is art in the chornicles of a whisky golem without the gremlins, I'm assuming that is the non nightmare one.

Well, I am pleasantly surprised by that Chompy Bits. The Dreamer art teaser we got a while back had me all sorts of flustered, but it seems Wyrd has delivered exactly what I wanted after all!

I'm liking just about everything that will be available. I wonder what I'll pick up...

Looks like Ryle is no longer friends with Lucius, the big guy must be Captain Dashel (he has a baton in his belt), one of the masked guys Guild Lawyer, The Scribe (being a Totem) ought to be on the side of the box, so who is the other masked guy? Unless they put the totem on the front to mess with me!