Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

I have to say the artwork for the three riders so far is just supreme and now I cannot wait to see what they do with the pale rider. I was never a big fan of the old dead rider, but this dude with the bent scythe made out of bone, the Skeletor hood and of course those thick fur boots, just make him so awesome. Certainly enough to push me to start collecting rezzers.      

• Like 1

Well, what I can't deny is that they all have a very strong "ye olde viking theme", I'm just not really feeling it with them completely, so I'll justs take it as a "not my thing" situation. Pale sounds to be more Marshalesque according to the fluff in the Wyrd blog which would break this choesion though (and maybe make him even more redundunat with the Lone Marshal).

The other new rider artwork is fantastic but there was just something menacing about hooded rider's mount with the evil look and the snakes everywhere. The rider did leave a lot to be desired in the final sculpt but the old Dead Rider art was awesome IMHO.

Looking forward to being proved wrong with the new plastic sculpts.

D.

Don't like the silly blade for a horn on the horse's head but that's easily enough removed but otherwise it's ok.  There's a really good Confrontation miniature I was thinking of using as a Dead Rider though so I may just end up using that (when I can remember what it's called and where I found it!)

• Like 1

There are actually several possibilities. Asura de Sarlath or one of the Scavengers are the most likely. Check here:

http://underthemountainblog.com/athenaeum/aarklash-archive/factions/limbo-of-acheron/

But I suppose one of the Horned Riders of the Drune is also possible. Check here:

http://underthemountainblog.com/athenaeum/aarklash-archive/factions/kelts-of-the-drune-clan/

Just a point of clarification. I'm *fairly* certain I'm the only Wyrd employee who posts on Dakka, and I made no such statement (I avoid any questions about shipping like the plague - because it's not my place).

That said, there is info on that in a KS update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1334239018/through-the-breach-a-malifaux-roleplaying-game/posts/918475

Update:

1be3a0374218427813c756f9c5ac1910_large.j

"You should be getting one of these soon! (well, one appropriate to your pledge level). Fully packed this box is just about 10 lbs! Our goal is to see all the boxes shipped by the end of the month, miniatures included.

As a thank you for your patience your box will include some additional miniatures (up to a full Malifaux box set at random), to give you supplies to get your TTB campaign going.

Thanks all!

Eric"

That's the post from Dakka Justin.  Page 51 of their TtB Kickstarter thread in the Malifaux section, A guy named Eric posted it.  I don't remember his last name, but I've seen his posts on "A Wyrd Place" as well.

Edit:   -It's the same post as he made in your Kickstarter link.

There are actually several possibilities. Asura de Sarlath or one of the Scavengers are the most likely. Check here:

http://underthemountainblog.com/athenaeum/aarklash-archive/factions/limbo-of-acheron/

But I suppose one of the Horned Riders of the Drune is also possible. Check here:

http://underthemountainblog.com/athenaeum/aarklash-archive/factions/kelts-of-the-drune-clan/

Soooo many amazing models. :o

Quick question - as  I understand it, models available at gencon will also be available on the webstore - are customers from, say, the UK alright to order from wyrds webstore? Obviously the postage will be a bit of a bitch, but needs must when models must be bought!

Quick question - as  I understand it, models available at gencon will also be available on the webstore - are customers from, say, the UK alright to order from wyrds webstore? Obviously the postage will be a bit of a bitch, but needs must when models must be bought!

Yeah, like every year, you should be able to order without a problem (shipping costs allowing of course). Just accept that it will take a while for your order to get shipped and personal recommendation, don't pick up books, they increase the shipping costs by a TON.

Yeah, between the weight and the increased box size, when I was looking at S&H a couple years back, it doubled when I tried adding a book.  It's a pretty hefty jump.

I assume you already know, but it's also worth noting that sales will be at full MSRP.  Now, many justify this by supporting Wyrd, paying a premium to get things possibly months before retail, and the 'value' found in the Miss ______ model, assuming they spend enough to qualify, but it's worth doing the mental math and determining where the cutoff point is for you.

After S&H, MSRP and exchange, $100 in items during the sale might cost me $130+ US, but be bought at local shops for $80-90 or less.  Getting them early, getting a Miss (that might cost $20-40+ on her own) and whatnot can make it a solid buy all the same (hell, some people will gleefully order 3-4+ times to qualify for multiple Misses, extra shipping and all), but for those of us on slightly more limited disposable income, I found it a tough call to make at the time.

• Like 1

That's the post from Dakka Justin.  Page 51 of their TtB Kickstarter thread in the Malifaux section, A guy named Eric posted it.  I don't remember his last name, but I've seen his posts on "A Wyrd Place" as well.

Edit:   -It's the same post as he made in your Kickstarter link.

You know, someone may have simply copied and pasted this from the Kickstarter update to Dakka?

I ordered for 250 $ at Black Friday (strange concept - I never even heard of it before the Wyrd sale) and paid around 30 $ for shipping by FedEx. Included were 5 Rules Manuals. Taxes not included, obviously.

It took about a week to get to Germany after Wyrd notified me that it was on the way.

I ordered for 250 $ at Black Friday (strange concept - I never even heard of it before the Wyrd sale) 

You don't get news stories in Germany about Americans actually killing each other trying to get first to the sales?

Remember Shadow, HMRC like to take their share too. It stung me last year when I ordered for Black Friday.

I haven't ordered from Wyrd but from other American places and if you are unlucky customs plucks your package out of the bin and adds 25% tax and a fee (and tax on the fee). Doesn't happen that frequently in Sweden though.