Tormented

Justin

Love the art.

Remind me again why these fine gentlemen aren't ressers?

Ressers are defined by their love of...ressing things. These fine gentlemen (and lady) just so happen to be dead, by no fault of their own.

Way to put people in boxes.

(Get it? Undead joke.)

• Like 6

This art is amazing, and I am absolutely chuffed to bits that Jack was going to be the next Master I collected anyway, and now I find out he's going to have this badass set of models around him! 

Out of curiosity, is the artwork done by someone in-house or do you have an artist you commission to do the work?

I'm... not really feeling this crew. The Guilty are all quite weird. What kind of an execution method is it to put someone on the cross and then hack his limbs off, then his head and finally put the head onto a spike? Seems somehow ridiculously excessive. I realize that this is likely some grand old tradition somewhere (since human kind seems to be endlessly innovative when it comes to torture and execution) but it's really weird. And then an electric chair and a bed? I wonder how they'll translate to minis.

Also, Jack himself is a bit of a letdown. His clothing is very much not to my liking and he doesn't seem very "Mastery".

Montressor looks like Lurch from Addam's Family. Not horrible, but I was envisioning him very different.

Lady Ligeia is awesome, though. Really like the pose and the character.

Oh well, cannot please everyone all the time and this certainly seems to have gained the approval of many. I guess it's a good thing that not all the new crews excite me, but I gotta say that out of the crews that we have seen as artwork only, this one is my least favourite so far.

Ressers are defined by their love of...ressing things. These fine gentlemen (and lady) just so happen to be dead, by no fault of their own.

Way to put people in boxes.

(Get it? Undead joke.)

I'm not sure I see the difference in outlook between these and Molly, Kirai, or, especially, Tara.
  • Like 2

I'm glad I'm not the only one that says "meh.." to this crew. For example the depiction of violence is ultra extensive and quite self-serving in the case of the crossed guy. I think Malifaux should steer back to the creepy line that was very well represented by Baby Kade.

• Like 1