Malifaux App Launched!

Lucidicide

Mistake (?) found:

- Guild Austringers digital card has the "Precise" Ability, which isn't on their Jan '17 erratum version

I mean, I'll take it - but I don't think it's meant to be there. Or is it? Kind of like how the Stuffed Piglets are now back to costing 2 Soulstones - HURRAH!! ;)

<reported via the Contact form>

I'd like to be able to enter the number of models painted, as I assemble and paint my models when I need them. For example, I have one Beckoner, two Depleted, one Tot painted, the rest is still on sprue :)
Minor improvement, and no way a necessary one, but would be nice to have this option.

Very good App !!!

I just spotted a few inconveniences so far:

• There is no offline access to the cards, it is compulsory to have an internet access. This is very annoying in the subway, overseas, remote countryside, trains...
  • Impossible to check the upgrades in the "Model list" interface, one has to make a crew list to see the upgrades.
  • The app shuts down the sound of my iPhone meaning that I can't listen to Podcasts & make lists.
  • I had some list building bugs with the Oxfordian Mages but it seems to be fixed now.

2 hours ago, yool1981 said:
  • There is no offline access to the cards, it is compulsory to have an internet access. This is very annoying in the subway, overseas, remote countryside, trains...

Right here is a major flaw.    When I first tested it, I had no issues.   After seeing your post, I decided to try again.     If you have the app running/Loaded and lose connectivity, I still have access to the cards.  I don't know if it stops after a bit.       If I don't have the app running/loaded and do not have connectivity, it will not allow access the the cards.   But if I get connectity while the app is running, I will get card access.   

I not sure but I believe this means the app uses your network data why it is running.     It looks like they are checking to see if we paid for the cards everytime the app is launched.

On 20.11.2017 at 4:10 PM, Artiee said:

Right here is a major flaw.    When I first tested it, I had no issues.   After seeing your post, I decided to try again.     If you have the app running/Loaded and lose connectivity, I still have access to the cards.  I don't know if it stops after a bit.       If I don't have the app running/loaded and do not have connectivity, it will not allow access the the cards.   But if I get connectity while the app is running, I will get card access.   

I not sure but I believe this means the app uses your network data why it is running.     It looks like they are checking to see if we paid for the cards everytime the app is launched.

I believe the app checks the purchase status at startup so as long as its in the background its ok.

Brilliant, yeah sure more iterations needed etc.

But brilliant and priced fairly.

Thank you very much for this.

Ps

I would love you to commission a mobile game using your Malifaux IP, that is loot boxes I would have no problem spending on. Can't even imagine how beautiful the art could be for your creations in a digital animated format!

Sometime last night, this started happening (on Nexus 5):

I boot the app, and all I get is the background image. The header & footer bars are grey instead of black, and there's no response to anything I do. 

Anyone get this issue? I've tried rebooting the phone, & reinstalling the app. No luck.

Edited by Bazlord_Prime
Technical ineptitude re: linking photos

2 minutes ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

Screenshot_20171130-073008_zpsctsnqspu.p

I boot the app, and all I get is the background image. The header & footer bars are grey instead of black, and there's no response to anything I do. 

Anyone get this issue? I've tried rebooting the phone, & reinstalling the app. No luck.

Seems your photobucked doesn`t work :P "Please udate your account to enable 3rd party hosting"

5 minutes ago, trikk said:

Seems your photobucked doesn`t work :P "Please udate your account to enable 3rd party hosting"

Yeah, I'm new to this whole "technology" malarky. Well - linking to photos, anyway! The link there now seems to be working. You would mind testing it for me yourself, would you @trikk?

4 hours ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

Same problem (different phone).

• Like 1

So good and bad news.  

Good new is that there is an update coming Nov 30th. Lots of updates and iPhoneX fix.  We are still working on the Google Pixel issue (for now enabling camera permissions for the app will fix it).

Bad News is that the app will likely stop working for most until the update.  This will not happen in the future version and we apologize for the inconvenience.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, UglyOrangeFish said:

So good and bad news.  

Good new is that there is an update coming Nov 30th. Lots of updates and iPhoneX fix.  We are still working on the Google Pixel issue (for now enabling camera permissions for the app will fix it).

Bad News is that the app will likely stop working for most until the update.  This will not happen in the future version and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the info.  I'm looking forward to the update!

I am on iOS and the app started to crash today (freezing just after the Wyrd logo screen while displaying the background of the main menu). Has the update gone live (I did not see any update on the App Store)? Is the crash related ? 

If yes I’ll wait before issuing a ticket to avoid spamming the mailboxes.

15 hours ago, UglyOrangeFish said:

Android version should be live for everyone as of this morning.  iOS is still in review with Apple

It's still stuffed for me (Nexus 5 running Android 6.0.1), but following Corey's advice I manually set my phone's date back to the 29th and the app is working fine. Will use this as a work-around in the meantime.

Edit: latest update available & applied. All fixed. Thanks!

17 hours ago, yool1981 said:

I am on iOS and the app started to crash today (freezing just after the Wyrd logo screen while displaying the background of the main menu). Has the update gone live (I did not see any update on the App Store)? Is the crash related ? 

If yes I’ll wait before issuing a ticket to avoid spamming the mailboxes.

Same here, what's the answer do I just wait for the update or delete the app and reload or what?

22 hours ago, UglyOrangeFish said:

Android version should be live for everyone as of this morning.  iOS is still in review with Apple

I take it this your first cross platform mobile app launch...

Apple review can take full calendar weeks. Please please please don't make breaking back end code changes anymore. API versioning is your friend.

1 hour ago, so_diogenes said:

I take it this your first cross platform mobile app launch...

Apple review can take full calendar weeks. Please please please don't make breaking back end code changes anymore. API versioning is your friend.

No, it is actual not the 1st cross platform app.  Backend code is solid - just have 2 code branches going (1 for bug fixes and one for new stuff) and once had a safety check.  During early testing, we had a safety measure that caused the recent issue but is now take care of.