10T - ALT MODEL

Nathan Caroland

I dont see the point of an alt Ototo. I have one I really enjoyed painting, usually gets a smile when people look at it, but it has graced the table exactly once since then. It is so below par it never gets play.

I really would like a new Sensei Yu. It is the most played piece in the faction, yet the sculpt is inanimate and lifeless. I would love a drunken old monk sculpt of Yu.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, anencephalous said:

I really would like a new Sensei Yu. It is the most played piece in the faction

That is an excellent point.  I have been proxying my Sensei Yu with a 30mm Yoda model I have because I don't want Shen Long's crew box.  

I change my vote to: 

1- Alt Sensei Yu (... how about a David Carradine version :) - that's a joke) 

2 - Illuminated 

2- Asian - or female - pathfinde

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DonCheadle said:

If you manage to partner up with FFG, Edward Kim from Netrunner would make an amazing Kang alt. 

Alt Illuminated with a TT leaning, as my Orzhov brother has pointed out, would certainly be tight as well. 

Since the Illuminated come in a 3-pack and since Yan has just got his weird glory mouth light upgrade how about the 3 Storms a la Big Trouble in Little China?

Three-storms.jpg

• Like 1

@daemonkin certainly an option. 

Still, alt models tend to come in packs of one. 

I think personally I'd like to see a Fermented River monk who dipped into the wrong kind of brew and got addicted to brilliance. Their increased resistance would also let him stay in the Illuminated phase for longer before getting depleted by Huggo. 

2 minutes ago, DonCheadle said:

@daemonkin certainly an option. 

Still, alt models tend to come in packs of one. 

I think personally I'd like to see a Fermented River monk who dipped into the wrong kind of brew and got addicted to brilliance. Their increased resistance would also let him stay in the Illuminated phase for longer before getting depleted by Huggo. 

The Tortoise and Hare came as a 2-pack. Granted it was a story encounter but who here still uses Izamu when they have Genbu in their collection?

D.

On 28.8.2017 at 10:16 PM, Gnomezilla said:

I keep hearing that they're showing their age but I still think they look dynamic and cool and are mostly well made...I don't understand, other than a vague agreement that Ten Thunders is a bit lacking in the individual alt department and could probably stand to get one sooner rather than later.

Now THIS I can support. Shenlong is a strong master with a bland sculpt. A less...less gurning...Just consider a fresh Sensei Yu also.

I agree, I think the 10T have some really cool models. I wouldn't mind a new Mei Feng with a less two-dimensional base thingy though...

• 2 weeks later...

Well you could sort of make an Alt Ototo with 10T brothers.  Take the one with the two blades and claws Head and hat.  Then take the one that has the hammer.  But the hammer head off and put the Tetsubo from the back in his hands.  Then if you want him to be taller you could cut him at the legs at the top of his leg bracing and use Greenstuff to add just a little more height to him.  Not perfect but it would be pretty close and made from all Wyrd parts *and Greenstuff*.