I've got that Hoffman/Mcmourning fever

4thstringer

48 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I've also been failing with McMourning. Having someone ignore armor is cool sometimes but at the cost of a master ap it seems kinda meh (especially when your opponent isn't using armor). Ignoring htw is mostly good when you have focus or the Loco buff and the latter got significantly more risky to use lately. My mirror match against a resser Mcmourning a few months back also made it seem like summoning a flesh constructs at full wounds is a lot better than getting a scheme marker near a friendly model for your master's ap. Granted that player is better than me and has more experience with the doc specifically but damn the efficiency difference was real. Having nurses and Sebastian is fun though.

The interact a friendly model feels really bad because you have to get within 8".  I was trying to keep Dougie safe and it still put him at huge risk.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

So I ended up running dougie with unknowable pain, badge, and the one that gives on the order of the governor's secretary, 2 austringers, 2 nurse, executioner, dade with transparency, and a performer.   I lost by 2 and had I selected schemes smarter I could have won.  Stupid levi. 

What were the schemes you should have taken and the ones you shouldhave not taken?

I am probably going to be taking these two masters to a tournament this weekend. If I do it will be my first game with McMourning so should be fun. 

My current thoughts are to run him as a back field model ordering others to do his dirty work by interacting. I am also expecting to get a lot of work out of his (0) push to move my big models about. This combined with nurses could make for a very painful experience for my opponent. A peace keeper doing minimum 7 damage ignoring armour and h2w sound nice. Nurses can also make the Guardian a much better beater as well turning them into a Ml7 :melee3 min dam 4 model will be nice. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 4:33 AM, PositronMike said:

Nurses can also make the Guardian a much better beater as well turning them into a Ml7 :melee3 min dam 4 model will be nice. 

Would hallucinogens also effect the after failing trigger on the shield attack that deals 1 damage...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I played Dr Mc yesterday and won! I was brginning to give up on him cause I've had five sound beatings up until yesterday. I actually didn't bring any nurses, just Sebastian and the chihuahua which proved extremely helpful against McTavish and a pigapult due to Seb's aura. Apart from that I used Judge, execuioner and a peacekeeper to cause all sorts of hell. McMourning more or less just walked around in the backfield and picked up heads. I'm still not sure I'm convinced on his greatness as a master, there's obviously something I'm missing. I wanted to ignore armor a few times but couldn't afford to loose the first activation with the big bastards, I think I gave that buff out once. I guess Sebasian eon me the game despite dying to a crazed werepig turn two :D

• Like 1

I managed to pull a win yesterday vs. Misaki w/ yaz, lust, graves, misaki's totem, a samurai, and a monk that did healing and condition removal.  I had 2 guardians, 2 nurses, a field reporter, a watcher, an austringer and 4 traps.  Dougie had just badge and on the clock. Ended in a 9-7 victory, as we both took 4 for turf war, I got two for tailem before he his misaki away and three for claim jump., and he got 2 for frame and one for claim jump (possibly two, I don't remember for sure).  Yaz was the only model I killed, guardians with precise getting the job done.  I actually flipped really poorly on my Defensive +2 flips with the guardians, but knowing they were so hard to hit kept my opponent from trying def attacks that often on them, and made them whiff a couple of show you the door attempts.  Dougie mainly was passing out interacts with his upgrade.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Traps are static points to drop scheme markers and deny claim jump.   I move them a little with the austringer and drop scheme markers with injection,  on the order, and austringer.

Haha. Considering how important people seem to think activation control is it still seems odd. Denying claim jump is pretty handy though, everyone says it's so easy to do which doesn't seem reasonable. Guess you prove them wrong ;) 

Have you tried hounds with McMourning? I'm thinking pushing the emissary and making it drop a marker with the doc and then charging for a (1) and having a :+fate to all your attacks. Silly but you know, not stranger than four traps ;)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Haha. Considering how important people seem to think activation control is it still seems odd. Denying claim jump is pretty handy though, everyone says it's so easy to do which doesn't seem reasonable. Guess you prove them wrong ;) 

Have you tried hounds with McMourning? I'm thinking pushing the emissary and making it drop a marker with the doc and then charging for a (1) and having a :+fate to all your attacks. Silly but you know, not stranger than four traps ;)

I'll take it one further.   Same thing but with a thrall.  Thrall gets injected,  moves forward,  scheme marker is placed,  dogs can now charge as a 1.  No plusses but that thrall attack. 

3 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I'll take it one further.   Same thing but with a thrall.  Thrall gets injected,  moves forward,  scheme marker is placed,  dogs can now charge as a 1.  No plusses but that thrall attack. 

Doesn't work. Thrall only attacks if another model places a marker AFAIK