has anyone seen the new fransisco ortega model in person?

heckler

I think that ability translates as something like 'older'. He give people a bonus because he's the family's big brother, not because he's the mayor.

:+fate

"El Mayor" means "The oldest" in Spanish, not "The Mayor", so he wasn't elected by anyone.

And I like the model, but I prefer the art in the rulebook.

I must admit I'm not a fan of the hat, in fact I hate it! The annoying thing about it is you don't have to glue the hat on however the hat straps are moulded onto his face so if you chose not to use the hat you are stuck with an obscure looking face with random lines down the sides of his head. VERY frustrating, I was really hoping for an alt head.

Also rather strangely upon opening my Sonnia box I found that she doesn't have the mask on her face and there's no mask on the sprue to put one on her. Not a big issue but I think she looks cool with the mask and was slightly disappointed, shes still an epic mini though so overall it's all good!

Also rather strangely upon opening my Sonnia box I found that she doesn't have the mask on her face and there's no mask on the sprue to put one on her. Not a big issue but I think she looks cool with the mask and was slightly disappointed, shes still an epic mini though so overall it's all good!

Wait there is no mask?

When he charges I think I'm going to start singing the Mexican hat dance. The sculpt is a little silly.

As for Sonnia I was looking forward the mask. I have her V1 crew and was deciding if I would like to upgrade, Samael is certainly a bit less "sparkly" as it were in V2. Disappointed on the mask front though.

When he charges I think I'm going to start singing the Mexican hat dance. The sculpt is a little silly.

As for Sonnia I was looking forward the mask. I have her V1 crew and was deciding if I would like to upgrade, Samael is certainly a bit less "sparkly" as it were in V2. Disappointed on the mask front though.

Sonnia is wearing a mask. There are rivets on the jaw. It's a mask made to look like her face, but it's metal.

(I'm gonna get the metal version to have an unmasked version. :D)

I must admit I'm not a fan of the hat, in fact I hate it! The annoying thing about it is you don't have to glue the hat on however the hat straps are moulded onto his face so if you chose not to use the hat you are stuck with an obscure looking face with random lines down the sides of his head. VERY frustrating, I was really hoping for an alt head.

Same here. I was really hoping for an alt head myself. I know this makes me seem like a bitch, but if I had known how bad it was going to be I wouldn't have spent so much time and effort on the Ortegas in the PT......now I love the rules, but I hate the new models, especially my boy 'Cisco. I feel like I wasted my time.....unless I want to play with the old models. I would have spent more time on a crew I'd actually be able to use....thank god I did some Marcus work.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

I get that some people like it, and that's cool.....but considering the amount of hatred that was expressed for the original concept art was amazing.....they even did new artwork for it which was much better received..............which that whole situation makes absolutely no sense to me........they re-did 'Dita and 'Cisco........the new 'Dita art made it into the box, but the new 'Cisco is nowhere to be found........honestly I'm gonna be seriously peeved if they come out with something like they did with the original 'Dita art.......spend so much money and get one for free........I hate those things. I have kids and bills and real life.....I can't always throw that kind of money at a hobby. Just let me buy the damn model.

Sonnia's mask is/isn't on there, depending on what you want to do. Her hair is framed in a way that it would hide the rivets. Don't like the mask? You can paint her up in flesh tones. Do like it? You can paint it up in metallics. I just looked at mine, and that's what it seems like they did.

Edited by edonil

I can see how the face is framed to be painted either way.

Not happy that Samael lost his "I'm going to cut your liver out and eat it infront of you" look but I might try to capture some of that with green-stuff etc.

As for the Ortega's maybe he is making a statement aimed at a certain Gremlin?

Could the model be easily converted to not have the hat for those who don't like it?

I have the model and though I initially was appalled by the way it looks, it actually is a bit becoming, as it adds a bit of flare on an otherwise bland model. This being said, I shaved off the face straps, green stuffed some hair where his hat goes and will be sticking the hat on his back after I've painted it. That looks cool, too. But the hat on his head is not as dumb as the initial pictures make it seem....even if they are accurate images.