Obligatory "What is different from the beta?" thread

DeleteAccount

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? 0? What is the point of that? :o I found him way too Op for 3ss.

Keep in mind that the Hungry Hippo's SS cost is balanced out by Jakob's power level (ie - he's somewhat under par for a Master. Given that Jakob's cache apparently dropped by 2SS (to 1?), that would translate to an overall 1SS discount for the Hippo.

In any case, you just can't compare the Hippo to other models on a SS to SS basis - his true cost is reflected in the fact that he's taken with Lynch.

Have you seen this one? :P

The quick and dirty version of the new avatar rules:

Avatars are upgrades. They grant a passive bonus before manifesting. You choose one of five manifest types. We haven't seen any of these yet. When you accomplish your chosen manifest requirement, you can manifest. Push everyone back, replace model, flip avatar upgrade over and get a super upgrade. Retain normal stats in addition to super upgrade.

Lady J has rearranged upgrades. The ability to have a flat positive is gone, but Vendetta provides a pair of triggers now. One is Onslaught, the other is Vengeance which trades a ram for a positive on damage.

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Sebastian is shorter now (!!!)

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Destroy Evidence from Those Are Not Ours! Is not a pulse any more, single target.

Lady J has rearranged upgrades. The ability to have a flat positive is gone, but Vendetta provides a pair of triggers now. One is Onslaught, the other is Vengeance which trades a ram for a positive on damage.

Aw... that's too bad. The only upgrade I ever used of hers was the (+) on damage one. I'll have to review the others now - might be saving a lot of soulstones on her upgrades now when I play her.

Bag of Tools does not heal. Plastic Surgery is a 5" push. Unknowable Pain is Rare 1. No changes I can see for Nico.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Price of Progress heals 1 damage and draws a card. It also costs one less. Vapour any has a layout error. Slight retemplating on seismic claws, no change. Thunderous Smash also discards nearby scheme, corpse and scrap markers. Change on stats.

Guild Guard got refurbished weapons... :). Weak damage is down to 1.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

I can't answer the Tara thing, I don't have the Chronicles with me and hotel wifi is limited, as a Canadian in America with no roaming data plan.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

A legend to live up to is now a static ability, no action required as it is always on. Less effective for Wp. Jack Knife has crit strike.

Bag of Tools does not heal. Plastic Surgery is a 5" push. Unknowable Pain is Rare 1. No changes I can see for Nico.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Price of Progress heals 1 damage and draws a card. It also costs one less. Vapour any has a layout error. Slight retemplating on seismic claws, no change. Thunderous Smash also discards nearby scheme, corpse and scrap markers. Change on stats.

It seemed a bit ridiculous that bag 'o tools healed Seamus. He had more wounds and was more resilient than McMourning and also had far better healing ability. Always wondered why they made Seamus invincible while severely limiting McM's heal to 5 wounds a turn.

It would have been nice for expunge to count as poison damage so it could be used to heal the flesh construct.

Edited by Manic Mouse

It seemed a bit ridiculous that bag 'o tools healed Seamus. He had more wounds and was more resilient than McMourning and also had far better healing ability. Always wondered why they made Seamus invincible while severely limiting McM's heal to 5 wounds a turn.

Errrrr, well, the healing effect had been already stated to be a typo, it shouldn't have been shown, as it was only something they had tested on their internal Beta, so nothing new there... and anyway, Seamus has had 12 Wds vs McM's 14 during most of the Beta!

Lots of juicy nuggets of info

Thanks a bajillion for your answers. Most of it sounds pretty fine to me. Lady J losing the + I'm pretty happy with since a double base + on damage is pretty much insane seeing how hard it is to get a straight damage flip now. I mean, I could live with it since it's "Lady J", but I prefer it this way.

Mei Feng sounds quite interesting what they tried to do to make her upgrades more interesting. And Seamus sounds like it stayed the same, since the bag wasn't supposed to heal anyway, which suits me just fine.