M2E Marcus

dgraz

Personally I like having the option of a second Canine remain, but it is really up to you.  I like having the option of double canine remains double Guild Hounds for a lot of bodies on the cheap in case I plan to have them go as two groups.  Having two is also pretty nice to make Pack Leader more useful with the ability to spread or condense the Df debuff.  You could always look for one of the old Metal blisters for just two if you want.

• 1 month later...

Looking to jump on #teammarcus and want some advice on what to get first.

What I got.

Beasts: Silurids, Waldegeists, Spawn Mother, Gupps, Night Terrors x2.

Arcanists: Arcane Effigy.

After some pondering and looking around I thought that something like the following might be an ok start: Marcus' Box, Blessed of December, Molemen, Malifaux Raptors. Am I missing something, are there any other great Arcanist must haves? (Besides the obvious Cassandra).

A "deployment+5+12" threat range for its shot, on a ht 3" model, with positives to attack and damage is interesting. Really like the mid damage of 5 too, on its attack. Is it fast enough though, to keep up with Marcus and the gang?

not had problems yet, and you can always alpha it after an 8" walk from marcus if need be. also the stalk can be used for him as much as any other creature with stalk. or when using the emmisary discard a card for another walk action if need be

depends on play style I guess but I do like him.

30 minutes ago, Patzer said:

I don't have the book. Did Marcus upgrade change a lot from the final Beta, and do you think it is killy enough for its cost?

Think it was about Myranda + Rogue Necromancy.

It has an aura that blocks enemy Df triggers against the Emissary and Beasts and a (0) push towards a beast.

As for the Emissary - I play mostly Guild and I find the Guild one rubbish compared to the Arcanist one. 

I have heard plenty of good things about the Brutal Emissary with Lady J and Hoffman at least. It seems to have a niche role, but I digress.

6 hours ago, Sybarite said:

Yeah. Handy for master kills and against gremlins. Just got to watch out for gremlin lure

Are you referring to specific master who depends on there Df-triggers in order to survive?

When using Marcus what are people's main answer to incorporeal? Kirai and dreamer are the only two masters I'm really afraid of with Marcus as I struggle to dent them with a typical Marcus list.

Was thinking about maybe adding in an Oxfordian Mage with the upgrade that gives tomes, the triggers are nice for some control with the pushes and slow, and the other 2 are nice for some damage. Obviously it's a ca attack so gets through incorporeal and with alpha and 2 cards it could potentially pull of 6 attacks in one turn. What do people think? 

8 hours ago, Jackfraser said:

What do people think?

That Incorporeal is equivalent to Armour +1 for the great majority of attacks, so just hit stuff. Though if I wanted Ca attacks I'd go with Silent Ones over Oxfordians, that lack of :ranged is sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Neverborn player looking to grab Marcus because I really like the idea of his speed/versatility - he's basically a Neverborn master as far as I can tell! Plus it helps that I already have access to the swampfiend beasts. To start off, I was thinking of grabbing:

Marcus Box

Blessed of December

???

Keeping in mind that I already have Waldgeists/Silurids, what would be the best two other boxes to purchase (looking to spend a hundred bucks roughly to start)? I'm thinking one of Hoarcats/Canine Remains as cheaper activations, and then maybe a Dawn Serpent or Rogue Necromancy for some range? I'd like very much to play Marcus as a beastmaster, and have literally 0 interest in other Arcanists master, so would prefer to avoid buying a Ramos box or such.

Thanks!

The war pig is tough to get right in a marcus list, because you have got to give it space away from the rest of the crew. But it can be fairly hard to kill, and quite damaging, and is only a minion. 

The sow is probably a cheaper Rogue ncromancy, without the shooting attack. It hits fairly hard for its cost, and the piglets are pretty handy upon its death. 

I've not tried more than 1 pig at a time, but if you field more than 1 war pig you will need a hog whisperer or a very obliging board to avoid having to charge yourself. 

• 3 weeks later...
So I've had a few games with this crew and done very well. I really like the acolytes drag in models so he beast can pounce on them. Though I'm finding acolytes in my lists lately and they just seen amazingly good.... Basically I've been picking this with kill schemes and/or middle of the table schemes.

50 SS Arcanists Crew
Marcus + 4 Pool
 - The Trail Of The Gods (1)
 - Feral Instincts (1)
 - The Hunger Cry (1)
Jackalope (2)
Myranda (8) 
 - Imbued Energies (1)
Blessed of December (9)
 - Pack Leader (1)
Sabretooth Cerberus (9)
December Acolyte (7)