Adepticon 2013 Results?

Ryu

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had lots of results to gather, no internet signal for the whole weekend (in the room) and some new software to work with and tweak (Lucius' Logbook). I figure with all that, Nilus will be getting things posted once he compiles everything.

On the bright side, the tournament software was really good. In addition we had the faction breakdown for the masters on a spreadsheet so it should be posted at some point. I think the 8 qualifiers for the Avatars were something like:

3 Neverborn

3 Outcasts

1 Ten Thunders

Dixon (qualified by winning a previous adepticon)

With Extreme Prejudice! I know that it was Dave (Gruesome's) Team. Dunno who was his partner, but he was telling me of the soul crushing (his own soul) victories.

Korrosion(Raul De la-NameButcheredByEveryoneAllWeekend-Rosa III) was my "significant other" on the day.

And... As an aside... New Adepticon record for us...

We went through 6.5 bottles of Whiskey for the weekend.

And Korrosion, my Son(Dalek, the 6-foot tall 12 year old wandering around the room all weekend) and I took 3rd on tiebreaks in cake match.

Edited by Gruesome

It was Grusomes team doing a nice trick with loads of dogs being murdered in turn 1

Yeah one of the team matches was against Gremlins. Yan Lo was fully powered up by turn 2 and eating face.

As for the results. I had to do this thing called sleep first :). Also realized the logbook needed another quick feature to get the results out of it.

Will have them up soon

I had personally had a great time. I felt terrible for my opponents during the Masters (hell through the Story encounters too), My warning to my opponent was "When I fall asleep; and I will fall asleep. Just yell at me." Now I did have one person who thought he take advantage of that, by trying to rush me through my activations. But I put that non-sense to a rest: when I told him what his next activations were gonna be and what the results would be.

Not saying I'm psychic but really it was a Pandora net list. Sadly, in my extreme over tired state I pulled the noob move and didn't focus on what needed to be done as compared to "Oh **** Pandora! Kill her!" (This is my excuse and I'm sticking with it. You try playing the masters when you've been for 24+ hours by that point)

But like I said I had an amazing time all the TO's did a great job. With the exception of Nilus's C3-PO body part; which wasn't annoyin like everyone warned the Bullhorn was; I was disconcerted by the fact that everyone was holding C3-PO's body part to their mouths. lol!

Bills story encounter was pretty damn fun. Some parts were confusing at the time. But again, after getting sleep: not so much.

Thanks to everyone for making first Adepticon a blast!

Edited by Rameses

I'm sure the results will be up soon. I had a great time as usual at the con. It is always run smoothly and always play against great people.

Rameses I played you twice, and you didn't fall asleep at all. I don't think I had a Pandora net list, who run her avatar anyways?

Hope next year goes just as well.

You all don't know how cool the Lucius' Logbook software is. Chris has a true work of genius there. Yes there were hitches. But Chris was s a trooper and got them worked out quickly. The best part was the wireless networking that allowed us judges to walk the room and enter scores from the tables as we saw games wrapping up. No big lines at the judges tables and quick turn around for table pairings. It is awesome.

I'm sure the results will be up soon. I had a great time as usual at the con. It is always run smoothly and always play against great people.

Rameses I played you twice, and you didn't fall asleep at all. I don't think I had a Pandora net list, who run her avatar anyways?

Hope next year goes just as well.

Nah. You were a fun op to play against. I wish all ops were as enjoyable

Sounds like a great time went on!

One day I'd like to get there but I'm not going to hold my breath...

As for features how can we get to check out the Lucius' Logbook software?

It's stickied in the Henchman's Convention Support area. Feel free to ping me directly with any questions.

You all don't know how cool the Lucius' Logbook software is. Chris has a true work of genius there. Yes there were hitches. But Chris was s a trooper and got them worked out quickly. The best part was the wireless networking that allowed us judges to walk the room and enter scores from the tables as we saw games wrapping up. No big lines at the judges tables and quick turn around for table pairings. It is awesome.

Yeah when I threw out the idea to Chris I was expecting an answer of "That won't work". But Chris is awesome and did it.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Does Gruesome = Brett?

Grueseome = Dave Bowler. He and Raul(whos forum name I do not recall) were Team Napervillians.

I was one of the team members that played the Napervillians in the second round of the Team Tourney. Raul (Korrosion) and Dave were super fun to play against and it was a good game despite the fact that we got curb-stomped. This was my first Adepticon, and I was pleased to meet so many great players. I really hope to make it next year.

So, with the victors and factions noted, what'd everyone take away from Adepticon 2013? Any rules that caught people up? Big smashes on the meta/scene from Book 4? Stuff that underperformed? Performed beyond expectations?

As noted in the results thread itself, it's interesting how the Guild and Ressers seem to have low/reduced representation in the 1 on 1 tiers (not without exceptions, of course), but then in the team games they're 4 of the top 5. Apparently those factions (or just their players?) are most deadly in pairs. :-P

How did the new/updated strats play out? Anything new that showed up that blew people away? Expected shifts to the metagame based on the results for Gencon? How was everyone on time this time around?