Adepticon 2013 Events - Who's Going?

noob

Hey everyone!

Who is going to Adepticon 2013 this year to compete in their events and what events are you looking forward to playing in?

The Masters still has slots and I was wondering, can anyone sign up for that? I thought "Masters" meant you had to earn your place to compete?

What about that Cake tournament? Do you have to make a cake to particpate? I am driving up (about 2.5 hours away) after work on Thursday so I am pretty sure I could make start time... Is it an actual tournament or just a free play event?

Noob

I'll be there, helping out where ever I can. Will be bringing some terrain as well, so I am currently working on it feverishly so that players find it enjoyable to play on.

Also hope to get some Gas Light games in. Since I am Henching this time around I thought I'd skip the organized play events and leave those slots open for others.

I am really, really looking forward to having a great time this year!

I will be there:

• playing in the masters
  • TO for the Team tournament
  • TO for the Story Encounter
  • Helping judge the cake tournament
  • going to get some gas light games in as well

On your questions, the Master's does not requrie you to pre-qualify to participate, just grab a ticket. The Master's tournament will qualify 8 (6?) players to advance to the Sunday Avatar's. The Sunday Avatar's tournament will crown the "Adepticon Top Malifaux Player" for 2013. 2012 Andrew Weakland (Guy in Suit) was the top player and 2011 Dixon Thiru (DarcXon) was the top player. As I understand it, they will both be returning to defend their championships this year.

On the Cake touranment, you do need to bring a Cake and I believe it's currently sold out. In the past the cake's have been everything from a box of little Debbie's to much more elaborate cakes such as these.

IMG_1366_zps53745f5f.jpg

**this is the actual table of Cake from last year, prior to judging.

I will be getting there way early Saturday morning. To play in some gas light action, then I will play in the Masters and as long as I dont fall a sleep before get qualified for Avatars. Run some demos if Nilus still needs help. And then open play until i crash. The plan will be after that to play the Story Encounter and more gas light league. Sunday Avatars: hung over. And more open play!

Everyone covered this before I could get here

Cake is sold out, but still come by and hang. If we can get you a game in we will then.

Masters does not require qualification but it will be the most competitive event so be warned it may be tough.

The Avatar single elimination event requires qualification. Currently the last two Adepticon Malifaux champions(Andrew and Dixon) have been offered tickets in, the other 6 slots will be filled by the top players at the Masters. After this year, only last years winner will get the free pass but since this is the first year we are doing it we extended it to our Champions in 2011 and 2012.

-------------

Also since everyone else did it

Playing in the Team Tournament

Lording over the rest of the Malifaux events with an over inflated sense of authority!

Edited by nilus

I am:

-helping with whatever Nilus has got me working

-setting up and tearing down

-building terrain so he have enough tables for Nilus' mad schemes

-playing in the cake match

-beating Nilus and his poor teammate in the team tourney.

-trying to coerce Nix into a game

-marveling at how much Vanessa actually looks like Vanessa

-hopefully get some Evil Baby orphanage games in

- sleeping for the week after

I am:

-helping with whatever Nilus has got me working

-setting up and tearing down

-building terrain so he have enough tables for Nilus' mad schemes

-playing in the cake match

-beating Nilus and his poor teammate in the team tourney.

-trying to coerce Nix into a game

-marveling at how much Vanessa actually looks like Vanessa

-hopefully get some Evil Baby orphanage games in

- sleeping for the week after

Hahaha I like how you're helping Nilus, helping Nilus, BEATING Nilus, being awestruck by Vanessa, playing with orphaned evil babies, and then hibernating.

A very well-rounded individual. :)

I believe they keep Registration running pretty late the first day, but Adepticon does not require a badge to be worn at all times anyways, only when actually in an event. So worse case you can come by for cake and a game and get your badge in the AM

Sweet! Thanks Nilus! So would you all like me to bring some drinks? Since everyone participating will be bringing cake and I don't want to eat everyone's desserts without contributing.

... damn, you're right. I never thought about that, but the resemblance is eerie.

If it's not creepy, who is Vanessa? And the Vanessa that Vanessa looks like?

Are they characters in the game? I have only read that 10T book (Storm of Shadows) and I am cracking open my 3.5 year old original Malifaux rulebook to read the fluff so if she is in book 2 or 3 then I haven't gotten to her story yet :(

Excited for my first Adepticon....should be fun. Will be able to put faces to names for many people from Twitter, the forums, VASSAL, etc.

I'm just planning on attending the Masters. Will be available for open-gaming/pick-up games all weekend.

Arriving Thursday morning, leaving Monday.

Edited by PeregrineFalco
Typo