Wishlist Characters

gonzo917

What new masters, henchmen, minions and totems would you like to see brought into the Malifaux universe from film, novels, comics, etc?

With the new 10 Thunders Faction Release i'd like to see a Jackie Chan Drunken Master Henchman with his special forces consisting with various martial artist like Sammo Hung, Jet li and even Bruce Lee models.

As a fan of both jules vern and pirates. Id love to see a captain Nemo crew. Both visually and theme wish a scimtar weilding submariner would be a nice addition. Give him an order style buff mechanic and water feature bonuses could also have a reserve mechanic where part of his crew can arriive later.

Edited by rancor709

A Vampire master for Resurrectionists would rock. Give him a Vlad the Impaller medieval Europe feel. I was drawn to the faction with Kirai. And I want to see new dark magic wielding, evil bad guys. I never really got into the zombie undead from book 1, but Kirai and Yan Lo rock. So Dracula is my vote.

Edited by naiatoc

I would like to see a faction based on the Victorian Age Order of the Golden Dawn most of all. Masters based on S. L. Mcgreggor Mathers and Aleister Crowley.

Aside from this I would also like to see factions focused around the Persian empire of this period, deepest darkest Africa, the Prussian empire (though VonSchill and the Freikorps sort of fills this niche so perhaps another Dual-faction) and the Czar empire of Russia.

Oh and of course more gremlins!

I would like to see a native american theme crew with the power of lycanthropy.

They can have the natives themselves and each native minion can attach to an animal spirit and they can be hired as one like performer and mannequin. They then can have the ability to fuse to become a lycan. A totem pole would be a great totem for this crew as it could switch around spirit animals to which tribe member they will aid.

Edit:

Just wanted to add that I think for the fluff of this crew could be something like they had sensed disruptions in the spirit world (caused by Kirai) and now seek to restore balance. This would be especially nice in having a counter to her vengeful spirits like the tribe is kinda the yin to her yang.

Edited by monkeysmiles

A whole crew of models using the mounting/dismounting rules? Maybe make a flying model that mounts/dismounts?

There is a lot that this game needs to explore. I'm personally waiting for another Marcus protogee (a la Myranda) with an improved transform ability. Maybe a henchman that can transform into any beast with :tomes:tomes in the cast so it can go off every turn.

As a fan of both jules vern and pirates. Id love to see a captain Nemo crew. Both visually and theme wish a scimtar weilding submariner would be a nice addition. Give him an order style buff mechanic and water feature bonuses could also have a reserve mechanic where part of his crew can arriive later.

combine that with a skyship instead of submarine and you'd have one hell of a crew ;)

I love so many of the models already in the game and don't have enough time to give them each their due so I haven't really thought of anything else I might want.

That said, there are three ideas listed so far that I really like.

1. Drunken Master.......(is there a Monkey King idea in there somewhere as well?)

2. Native American....love this idea...skinwalkers and lycanthropes - yes please...also, love the totem pole idea....could make it an object that doesn't move and can be deployed with From the Shadows. Would give buffs / de-buffs and Actions to make the range of them bigger.

3. Nemo......assume character....combine this with the Skyship idea.....hell yeah...could have a new troop type that drops (rappels) into the game in later turns.

I love so many of the models already in the game and don't have enough time to give them each their due so I haven't really thought of anything else I might want.

That said, there are three ideas listed so far that I really like.

1. Drunken Master.......(is there a Monkey King idea in there somewhere as well?)

2. Native American....love this idea...skinwalkers and lycanthropes - yes please...also, love the totem pole idea....could make it an object that doesn't move and can be deployed with From the Shadows. Would give buffs / de-buffs and Actions to make the range of them bigger.

3. Nemo......assume character....combine this with the Skyship idea.....hell yeah...could have a new troop type that drops (rappels) into the game in later turns.

Monkey King as henchman w/ drunken master (Jackie Chan), Ip Man (Donnie Yen), and The Dragon (Bruce Lee) unique minions, and generic kung-fu monks for special force assets. Maybe some characters from Journey to the West?

I want to see a Jareth the Goblin King-esque crew.:)

And Skeksis-ish beings.:) Obviously both would be Neverborn (cause, like, stealing children and turning them into Goblins, or supping on the Vital Essence of living creatures isn't really... appropriate for the other factions? Or is it? Maybe it is... Hmmmm...)

Capricious and evil, please.:)

PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE....

I want to see a Jareth the Goblin King-esque crew.:)

And Skeksis-ish beings.:) Obviously both would be Neverborn (cause, like, stealing children and turning them into Goblins, or supping on the Vital Essence of living creatures isn't really... appropriate for the other factions? Or is it? Maybe it is... Hmmmm...)

Halfway through this post this is exactly what I was thinking of. It would work way too well.

Buffalo Soldiers. Some with horses and some on foot with US cavalry type abilities and spells. A definate african american feel without having to go to 'Africa'..avoid the cliche' ..these to be used with a "Reformer" type character(s) that seek to crack down on their version of lawlessness and grift in Malifaux...not another version on Guild Guard, but a self styled higher purpose.

I'd ;like to add a couple more Ideas

For a guild arcanist dual faction- A noble or duke that serves the governor general. He trows alot of parties at his mansion and has a strong interest in magic. He seretly funds Ramos's experiments in exchange for soul stones.

His crew would consist of assasins, party attendees/informats (dressed for a masquerade), magical experiments, and his servants (cook, maid, butler, gardner, ect).

For an outcast/guild dual faction a circus- Will have a ringmaster as the master and the crew can be made up of freaks, tamers who can be mounted, acrobats, and $$$$$$$$$$$$.

so why is it when I say $$$$$$$$$$$$ it puts in dollar signs instead? anyways it rhymes with crown

Circus Performers - Ringmaster, Acrobats, Strongmen, Bearded Ladies, Magicians and Painted Faced Performers.

Native American - Like the ideas presented by previous posters and perhaps Marcus could join in the fun. Spirits, beast transformations, etc.

Irish, Middle Eastern and Asian Indians - Sidir is already a precedent and we need more Black Sheep minions.

Pirates - Cuz Malifaux would be more awesome and dangerous with Pirates - Thay can also be different races (French, English, Spanish, Pirate Bay, etc)

Something for Neverborn - The Chupacabra, Sasquatch, Slender Man, Mummies, Centaurs and other horrors from Myth and Legends...