Gencon orders, FedEx and Tracking overseas.

Soundwave

Hail,

I've been tracking my Gencon order through FedEx and it says that it has been delivered...to Newark, NJ.

Has anyone else overseas tracked their order? Does their tracking stop in Newark as well, to hop on to a boat, or is something wrong?

Last Gencon I tracked via USPS and I could see most of the journey there, but here it stops as Delivered in Newark.

Good, then I will sleep a bit better.

I do wonder if there's any way to see the out-of-states tracking. Swedish FedEx shows Newark for me as well, for example. Ah well, good to know it's prolly safe at least.

Unless Newark is the home of some Gencon-Grinch, eating all our lovely plastics.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Talked with FedEx and they said it did look a bit weird, since I should still be able to track it. He promised to get back to me.

So I looked into this Fedex thing cause I was a bit 'hey, what gives'.

So we did upgrade everyone to Fedex and it is getting there a bit faster than normal it seems, but the deal is that its 'smart post' which means essentially it goes 95% of the way as Fedex and when it gets to your neck of the woods, Fedex takes it into your local post and they take it the final leg of the journey.

Essentially, gets there a touch faster, can be tracked by Fedex all the way to the post office (cause their the ones handing it off - funny enough though the code they give us allows you folks overseas to just see it get to the sorting facility), and is less likely to go off track .. if it does, Fedex gets to snag into the postal offices backside and they've got a bit more bite than some fella across the ocean going 'hey what gives!'.

Hope that helps a bit.

• 1 year later...

still no fed x confirmation email... "Gencon orders will be shipped on the 20th with delivery taking approximately 4 days"  grrrr

Pardon me, but I thought it was "Gencon orders will not be shipped before the 20th, and delivery will take approximately 4 days", which is quite different. I can't imagine Wyrd making a pledge to ship at a specific date so early after the con.

Pardon my potential stupidness but where is everybody getting their tracking numbers?  My order confirmation doesn't have one and I can't go into the Wyrd website which is still showing a closed sign.  Or do you only get them when the order is dispatched?

My confirmation mail includes a order number, no tracking number. I guess, some people can track FedEx packages regardless of a delivery mail from Wyrd due to some trickery with a FedEx account.

• Like 2