Introduce Yourself

Justin

Already made a thread introducing myself (before noticing this one, heh). Long story short, went to a game shop to play one game, ended up watching Malifaux instead, fell in love, did some research and picked up the new rulebook and the Showgirls starter set the day after. Looking forward to playing this game!

One weird thing I noticed though - all the Arcanists I've seen were represented by blue, and the pic of the box I saw online shows Colette's crew with the same blue, but the physical box has a light purple instead, a bit lighter than the Neverborn purple. Kinda in the middle of Neverborn purple and Arcanist blue. Not that it changes what's inside or anything, just found it weird.

Hiya all, Going to play my first game this week...Nicodem in the House! I have the new book and cards. Quite enthralled with the minis, game design and feel. Going to work on some Gremlins next and maybe a toy box of puppets. I am from Santa Barbara, California, and I love football (not the one with helmets and pads). Actually I like that one too...go Chargers.

• 3 weeks later...

Yo. Brand new Malifaux player in Seattle. Spend most of my time at the Card Kingdom waiting on wave 1's models. Everyone I know owns Malifaux models, but most of us never played much 1.5. I'm hoping the new rules change that because the second edition is looking amazing.

Salutations faux'ians!

I'm Moose, I come from the land of western Montana where GW rules the tables with a plastic fist. I picked up malifaux on a whim one day because I thought Hamelin would do well as a Role playing mini and soon found a love in both painting and the lore of the 'faux. Later on I came to purchase many crews but have since found a calling in colette. Figured it was time to stop lurking and join the fray.

Got some posts already, but didn't Introduced myself.

Kassius here, based in Europe, near Milan to be exact. I'm getting into Malifaux basically because I want new, fun and tactical games to play. Here WH is the rulling and everlasting tyran, which I'm trying to fight with all I got, but it's a hard and dangerous work. I wanted to start a Colette crew, but guess I'll have to wait till Wave 2. As for Wave 1, I think I'm going to get a Pandora Crew, or Ophelia, if the models are cool. But first I need to get the rulebook, and this one is pretty hard as all the rulebooks are out of order till end of november!

Hello all,

My name is Monica. I am currently based in the Denver, CO area and was introduced to Malifaux just a couple of months ago when a friend of mine opened his own game store. I quickly latched onto Marcus and crew and am currently looking into adding Ophelia and company to my available crews.

hi all!

I'm Roland from Koblenz, Germany.

After transitioning from Warhammer 40k to Warmachine (because of constant disappointment from GW) I stumbled over the JoeyFaux stuff on youtube and then the pics of the wonderful miniatures from Wyrd.

I'm more Painter (also doing some sculpting/alteration) than Player, so my focus are the minis, but Malifaux really got me interested in playing too.

Yeah, so here I am starting Malifaux ... and joining a new community yet again. =)

Just got myself the Misaki crew, Yamaziko, the Yan Lo crew, Izamu and Toshiro (really love the minis ... and their potential for freehand-painting) ... and pre-ordered M2E rules and the Viktoria crew.

I hope to post my finished results soon and get your opinions.

Hello to everyone,

I'm Yool1981, French, 32 years old.

I've played miniature games for close to 18 years now. I've started with GW but dropped WHB in 2010 and I'm now playing Warmachine on a regular basis.

I've been attracted to Malifaux's universe from 2010 but I never purchased any mini or played the game because I didn't find the minis very attractive. Now that the new plastic kits are available and gorgeous, I can finally start this awesome and very original game.

I'll play Neverborn and I'm awaiting my new Lynch crew.

Hello,

name is Florian, long-time lurker in these forums, and now looking forward to lively discussions.

Part of our Warmachine/Hordes group near Frankfurt, Germany decided to dip into Malifaux in the last days of 1.5. We experienced some hiatus (and still haven't gotten our hands on a rulebook) during the transition to 2nd, but now we're back on track. I'm proud owner of a Seamus Gang, the Ortegas and a brand new Lady Justice crew.

Well, technically I share those crews with my girlfriend. Malifaux is the first miniatures game she's interested in, so I gladly jumped at the opportunity. Mainly, she adores the new Gremlin art (Admittedly, they are kind of cute... in a twisted way.) and wants an opportunity to wear her top hat. Can't argue with that.

hello guys and gals.

i am Robbie from london england , i run a Perdita crew and starting a Marcus crew now. however i am very inexperienced in m2 and still haven't worked out where i am going wrong with Perdita as i did much better in 1.5 many because i ran a huge cheap gang of pistoliers as well as not all the family. a little help please.

Also where the best place to start with a Marcus crew?

Good afternoon fellow gamers.

I'm Scotty from Texas in the US. I am just starting up with a Lynch crew plus a pair of beckoners, and just starting to get a feel for the game. No experience with Malifaux, and not a while lot with this style of tabletop game (most of my time has been spent playing Battletech over the years off and on, haven't gotten into the newer games till now). Anywho, looking to learn more about the game, Lynch, the Neverborn/Ten Thunder, and all that good stuff. Anywho, thanks for taking a peek, and take care.

Hi there. I'm Ed, and I'm from the Boston area. I've played 40k and more recently, Infinity. I have been collecting a few Malifaux minis here and there over the past few years, never really playing the game. Recently, I grabbed Seamus' s crew, then Lilith's and reading the rules. I played one game and now I'm in!

Hi, Ben from Brum, Uk here. got into this through a friend and finally bought myself a crew (or two) to actually start playing regularly. im a regular 40k, WFB, Blood Bowl and Necromunda player but looking to add a different skirmish game to my collection. So far i've picked up the Lady J set and i've ordered the Ortegas starter box from the black friday sale so now its just a matter of getting them painted and playing some games.

Hello there. I've been a long time fan of the Malifaux minis, just never really looked into the game. Several weeks ago, I was in my FLGS and overheard a someone giving another customer a run down of 2nd edition, and after he was done I got my briefing, too! I like the look of the new plastics and came back the next weekend to play a demo game with Rasputina vs. Misaki. I had a great time and really like the style skirmish style of play. That and NOT having to invest tons of $$$ in hordes of cookie cutter formations of minis!

Anyway, I picked up a rule book, several fate decks, several arsenal boxes, and the plastics for Lady J, Rasputina, and Jacob Lynch, as well as the University of Transmortis. Lady J and her crew are mostly painted, and I'm heading to the FLGS next week to give 'em a first run!

Thanks 4-Lom for the intro to the game!

Eileen here! Bay Area (East Bay) native with a background with Warmahordes, Dystopian Wars, and other miscellaneous tabletop games. Started Malifaux when it originally came out, starting with Rasputina and moving on to Collette. Had a falling out with the game due to overall gameplay (and the stat cards were a disaster in terms of layout).

Going full steam with 2E, applying to the henchmen program, picking up another crew (Sonnia), and having a blast with the streamlined gameplay and far better card layout.