Special Forces book 4

the_madhatter1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not 100% accurate. Before twisting fates the rumor floating around was that the next book would be Special Forces and that it would flesh out the Special Forces introduced in Book 2. In one of his podcast interviews Eric J hinted that the release of the Rules Manual bumped that supposed book back in the schedule because they wished to release Twisting Fates for Gen Con. Wether the Book Special Forces is still on the release schedule or wether they intend to break the information up into other products remains to be seen. I certainly hope it is true though, as Horrors really need some love.

Yeah that's what I heard as well. Current rumored thinking is that Wyrd is happy with the amount of Masters in the game and there won't be new ones for some time. They have said that we should look to Henchmen as the most likely direction the game will grow in next.

Personally I'm 100% on board with this idea, while I like the idea of new masters I think the constant introduction of them would kill the game very fast.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for campaign rules. Releasing those as a document like Gaining Grounds makes a ton of sense too, especially if they're useful for league play.

More Henchmen, possibly even another class of Special Forces per Faction, with all of the groups getting fleshed out a bit more, is at the top of my list.

Mmmh, Smoked Keltheos!

Wyrd gives us so much, now they are cooking us dinner. You guys try so hard it's awesome!!!

I see Special Forces as a smaller, rules manual type book, with some new Special Forces minions and maybe the rules for upgrading models into henchmen. A giant book with a billion new special forces minions could really throw off the initial intention of the current henchmen, I think. Two minions for each would be good, in my opinion. That's all Molly really needs, she can take Belles and Horrors, both of which have 2 choices now. Having 2 more choices would be decent enough I think.

I'm hoping that book 4 doesn't actually include a whole lot of new models, as I have enough trouble affording my growing addiction to working on the crews I already have. Instead, I would rather have fine tuning of the game itself. Its already great, but I'm sure there are various balance issues or specific ends that haven't been met yet by the good folks at Wyrd.

More specifically, the idea of having new henchmen makes me grin like an idiot. I've been hoping to start (only have notes) to put together a homebrew 'campaign' sort of game, where you have warbands that lose or gain models, and the Masters are sort of your big-bad that you can move about... but sometimes you get stuck with the lowbies instead. More variance in that field would be amazing. In adition, rules for multiplayer, and various tournamentish game set ups would rock as well. To be sure though, I'll wait... I do have a dozen models that still need paintjobs...