Rising Powers Primer - Masters

EricJ

yeah i think i'll have to get hamelin and make my opponents listen to Megadeth's "Symphony of Destruction" on repeat

You take a mortal man

And put him in control

Watch him become a god

Watch peoples' heads roll

Just like the Pied Piper

Led rats through the streets

We dance like marionettes

swaying to the Symphony

Of Destruction

(badumdum badumdum dundundun badumdum)

so looking through the book I found Heamlin, and thought to myself "well that's interesting, character progression. That could lead us to Avatar Forms soon" then all my hopes exploded as I realized something Horrifying.

The Next Neverborn Master After the Dreamer...

KILLJOY!!! THE MASTER!

Also I'd love to see my Favorite Master get an Avatar Form

Sonnia Criid Avatar would kick ass lol

"Kirai found herself with little to live for after a tragic event, and no way to exact revenge...until she found in herself the ability to summon forth her Ikiryo, her living spirit, able to track down any enemy. With her powers developed with the help of Nicodem, she has discovered her profound connection and powers over the spirits that exist in Malifaux. She can give her life energy to call them to her, but in turn they also protect her and she can bend them to her will."

It sounds like the Ikiryo may be her totem? Really looking forward to picking her up at Gencon.

"Kirai found herself with little to live for after a tragic event, and no way to exact revenge...until she found in herself the ability to summon forth her Ikiryo, her living spirit, able to track down any enemy. With her powers developed with the help of Nicodem, she has discovered her profound connection and powers over the spirits that exist in Malifaux. She can give her life energy to call them to her, but in turn they also protect her and she can bend them to her will."

It sounds like the Ikiryo may be her totem? Really looking forward to picking her up at Gencon.

Maybe she can pull some Viktoria-esque shenanigans with the Ikiryo...that would be neat-o...

I hope I can say without breaching the NDA that Kirai is significantly different to what we Ressers are used to. She's quite refreshing. Truth be told she took some time getting the knack of, but when you do she's heaps of fun (for her controller anyway :D)

QFT. Her playstyle is very unique. Not the typical res'ing that many Ressurectionist players are used to. Her style is very fluid and dynamic. Think of how Bette Noir plays in regards to being a fluid model; how her abilities rely on other things happening around her to trigger and allow her abilities to flow from those events/triggers. Now think of a Master, along with her specialized troops, having that sort of fluid, dynamic playstyle.

QFT. Her playstyle is very unique. Not the typical res'ing that many Ressurectionist players are used to. Her style is very fluid and dynamic. Think of how Bette Noir plays in regards to being a fluid model; how her abilities rely on other things happening around her to trigger and allow her abilities to flow from those events/triggers. Now think of a Master, along with her specialized troops, having that sort of fluid, dynamic playstyle.

It sounds like it will be a refreshing change of pace...and fun to boot! I've never actually use Bete but I intend on getting the model soon to try out. Gonna be a tough couple weeks though...

Out of interest, will there be another/alternative sculpt of Hamelin in his master form; or do we continue to use the current model but with shiny new rules?

I would assume that there will be an alternate sculpt, based on that is usually how it is done. Plus you would not get a card, or they would need to start putting in two different cards. The Viks rules state you need one of each model, so that sort of sets a president in my mind. But again, all speculation.