2022 Monthly Painting Challenge - Octobre

Gheist

18 hours ago, Hawkoon said:

Impossible! 😵

I have like 3 or 4 factions worth of models in my pile of shame... and it keeps growing. So I'll be painting 'til I die, probably never able to claim such an acheivement.

Haha the struggle is real! There are other piles of shame for other games too, but a couple are now 100% painted... 

If I get all piles finished, I can buy more toys guilt free (and without disappointed looks from my better half) 

Excluding a rotten harvest model that will be shown in November these are my last few guys for October.

9koNbMj.jpgTzPJQ41.jpg

HRcgzJm.jpg9qKRFNk.jpg

tNow3cR.jpg

All for the chimera keyword. We have 3 order initates (finishing the painting of the Marcus core box), a second rattler (still havent decided if I want to paint and base the 3rd realllly big rattler yet or save it for something else) and a custom built Scorpius (Little Red and Big Bad Wolf are on my painting slate)

• Like 9

Okay so for October I finished my Shadow Emissary (well it's table top pending basing and I might bling up the gold bits still) and I found out I had missed a Tengu when I last stated that I had finished my Oni keyword, so I did it and am now actually done with Oni, so a group photo with the painted OOKs and Versatiles.  They are sort of based with black rims and sandy centers, but i'm thinking to flock that someday.

Xr2Vfl9.jpg

uDBUIkx.jpg

yG0vUaq.jpg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

@Shock & Awe congrats on the OSL on Killjoy.  That looks brilliant!  The basing on the boar is brilliant too - what did you use for the leaves (would like to steal the idea when I get to Titania)?

Thanks for both compliments, much appreciated! The leaves I got from a train shop here in Japan, but they are identical to the Micro Leaves by Green Stuff World I've used before - ▷ Buy Micro Leaves - Orange mix | - Green Stuff World - 

20 hours ago, Shock & Awe said:

@Hawkoon – I love the splotches on Serena, and best of luck in the competition!

@LinenMusician – the glass on the telescope and binoculars are frickin’ sweet!

@TimH – I second what Viruk said, the range of colors is really nice

@feagaur – sometimes those dynamic poses are hard to work with, but I think it came out nicely

@Gheist – I love the coat. If I can add in a tiny piece of personal feeling – the picture is a bit too dark. You’re a great painter and it’s a shame to miss out on the details.

@Kogan Style – SO many vibrant colors, and SO much dynamic work. Well done, all stellar pieces

@Caedrus – I love the unified feel of your models, and that blue is really beautiful.

@Strangely Brown – Quantity definitely didn’t hurt your quality. I particularly love how the bases pull it all together.

@Viruk – Man, I really love how vibrant those colors are! It gives it all a really wicked 80’s neon / cyberpunk feel. Amazing work as always – we can all see why they showcase your work 😉

@Cats Laughing – I really like that pink color you picked to pull the squad together. Nice work.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As for me, I finally got around to taking pictures of my models for the month. 

The standard Killjoy and the Erymanthian Boar are ready to join up with the Fae. I've got Titania 2 and some proxy Waldgeists left, and the keyword will be done :)

Poor Killjoy's chain snapped while I was painting him, so sadly it got a bit lumpy... have to be more careful with these wonky thin bits. 

large.Killjoy-1.jpg.6c6f58d2f6ad6090a63a

large.941443263_Boar2.jpg.070a82d1a58e14large.246753658_Boar1.jpg.03d18b75c4a2fc

Yeah, i have the optimizing photography Setup point on my to-do, but i hardly get anything done right now but tournament practice and minimal amount of painting.

I don't have a neutral background and the Black one i have looks too much like the cloth it is unless you really lower iso and shutter Time way down. I'll try but right now i am a bit afloat on the mass of stuff that needs taken care of.

Nice Killjoy :) always loved that model

• Like 1

Kinda late upload as I just got back from expat working, but here is my contribution to October - the would have been dance macabre crew, totaling a full 25 SS for October, achieving my pledge.

The figures have been modified, as I have removed the swords from each punk zombie carefully, and even made a makeshift battle vest for one of them - which is my current best miniature and is my pride and joy. ❤️ I am also especially proud of the necrosis painted on Sloth's severed arm.

The Twisted Firestarter:

Adobe_Express_20221104_0954370_1.thumb.png.3ff90da26e60e8e595036488ecb0cba8.png

The Screamer, hommage to my good buddy, the drummer of E.N.D.:

Adobe_Express_20221104_0955340_1.thumb.png.b07175c8869837c9f8b0d4bf827275d0.png

And my prize and joy, the Punk:

Adobe_Express_20221104_0953130_1.thumb.png.69ab18c47925e80f6a8f4b8b6a744be7.png

Sloth:

Adobe_Express_20221104_0956550_1.thumb.png.bde70687cec10057e3370c8014a05a52.pngAdobe_Express_20221104_0957280_1.thumb.png.8b6d1331c6e3b644cef80d2032b3bb17.png

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Now as painting event finished I can show October report, firstly Thirty-Three proxy who was made from Death Marshal. Sadly, I started him before announcement of painting contest, so first week work was finishing him. Secondly for contest - Poltergeist. I have already saw a lot good words & critics with him, thank you for both, just posting here as progress. 

Prog.jpg

IMG_20221006_005503.jpg

IMG_20221006_005556.jpg

IMG_20221006_005632.jpg

IMG_20221006_010402.jpg

• Like 4