Waldo's Weekly - Say Cheese

Kyle

Oh! I like both the models and the rules.

However, I am a bit confused as to how the "Once per activation" on Runed Quiver work. Let's say you attack a model and your opponent decides not to discard a card. You already have the trigger you want so you decide to not add a suit. Is the ability still "spent" or can you use it on your next attack since you decided not to add a suit? How about if your opponent discarded a card? I guess it is "spent" on your first attack regardless of if your opponent discards a card or you decide to add a suit, but it is not entirely clear.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:29 AM, Paddywhack said:

Very nice sculpts! These might be enough to finally get me into Guild.

I feel like Wyrd has done a really great job with Guild this edition. In second there were a few master's that just didn't measure up. I never feel like I don't have a shot with many of the new masters or their 3e updates. 

2 hours ago, Mortarion said:

Oh! I like both the models and the rules.

However, I am a bit confused as to how the "Once per activation" on Runed Quiver work. Let's say you attack a model and your opponent decides not to discard a card. You already have the trigger you want so you decide to not add a suit. Is the ability still "spent" or can you use it on your next attack since you decided not to add a suit? How about if your opponent discarded a card? I guess it is "spent" on your first attack regardless of if your opponent discards a card or you decide to add a suit, but it is not entirely clear.

I would think it isn't spent unless the trigger actually resolves itself. 

14 hours ago, Irritated Walrus said:

I feel like Wyrd has done a really great job with Guild this edition. In second there were a few master's that just didn't measure up. I never feel like I don't have a shot with many of the new masters or there 3e updates. 

I wouldn't have said that at the start of M3E, but yeah, they're definitely on the level now.

5 hours ago, Irritated Walrus said:

If they were versatile, you'd probably see them in every list. 

Oh yeah, having seen their stats I wouldn't advocate for them being versatile. I'd been wondering about it from their initial GenCon tease. I'm just excited to start speculating about the Guild starter all over again. 

• Agree 1