Errata are in 💪

Regelridderen

The changes to BB Shaman are not entirely unexpected.

On the Bultungin I feel like Homeward Bound should read "create a copy of the chosen terrain marker" so as to avoid a little confusion.

Also worth noting is that Gautreaux Bokor have recieved some changes so they can't obey but have +1 in their heal. Some other stuff too, I imagine Zoraida can still get some value out of them though. (The First Mate was untouched)

Bultungin actually seem like decent, cheap, mobile schemers now for Titania and Euripides, who both could do with that. They don't get blown up quite as fast and can make Ice Pillars and Underbrush markers from enemy schemes. Might be worth a look now!

Changelings seem pretty cool too, more of a hard to target support piece now for Lucius. They can shove friendlies around, jump to important models and can be very good against terrain focussed crews or just removing scheme markers.

Yeah, the Bokors losing Obey and having their card draw toned down a bit definitely hurts them. They get a 4 inch push to make up for it a little, but they are much more of a support piece compared to an offensive obeyer now.

I too am interested as to what the Returned keyword on Barbaros means!

I'd be curious to see what the rational for the Changeling shift was. I don't think its a bad change to the model, but it seems like they're better suited to Lucuis 2 than Lucius 1 now. I wonder if this will end up being a nerf to OG Lucius, certainly it reduces the effectiveness of the Issue Command/Mature Nephilim list. 

• Agree 1

I was really excited to go and pick up Lucius in the near future, but now I'm not sure I want to.

It's not that the changes to changlings are bad, they look very useful, but a small army of weird demonic children mimicing what they see was just way too interesting.  For a list called mimic, there seems to be very little mimicing going on.

That really bums me out.

Since I also have Ten Thunders, I was hoping to pick up Terracotta Warriors then to make the list I imagined in my head, but they lost "Just like you!" as well.

I'm fairly new to the game, were both of those models considered overpowered?

1 hour ago, Brilliance Laced Whiskey said:

It's not that the changes to changlings are bad, they look very useful, but a small army of weird demonic children mimicing what they see was just way too interesting.  For a list called mimic, there seems to be very little mimicing going on.

You already have Lawyers to shift actions around - which was ultimately what Changelings did. The new changelings will have a more unique and active function in the crew. 

And now they’re cute and innocent looking and too much of an action sink to get rid of. 

19 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

You already have Lawyers to shift actions around - which was ultimately what Changelings did. The new changelings will have a more unique and active function in the crew. 

And now they’re cute and innocent looking and too much of an action sink to get rid of. 

I guess.  I'm one of those weirdos that themes lists, even if it isn't always to my benefit.  If it doesn't fit the theme I'm going for, it's out.

When I was going to get Lucius I was hoping to go all in with either Mimic or Elite.  I didn't intend on mixing and matching between the two keywords even though the list is designed with that in mind.

But I guess that's my problem now isn't it?  😛

3 minutes ago, Brilliance Laced Whiskey said:

When I was going to get Lucius I was hoping to go all in with either Mimic or Elite.  I didn't intend on mixing and matching between the two keywords even though the list is designed with that in mind.

You might be able to do that with Lucius Dishonourable in fact it might even work better post errata. But errata or no cutting out half of Lucius' keyword puts you at a massive disadvantage. There are barely enough Mimic models to fill out a full 50 stone list and you're leaving some of your best tools on the table if you're avoiding Elite.  

2 hours ago, Saviouress said:

It's a very hard to balance effect, that let's you copy "Once per Turn" abilities and use them again, because the "Once per X" restriction is on a model to model basis.

I agree. It also frees up some design space as you don't have to double check to see if a cheap model copying an ability will break things.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Brilliance Laced Whiskey said:

I guess.  I'm one of those weirdos that themes lists, even if it isn't always to my benefit.  If it doesn't fit the theme I'm going for, it's out.

But I guess that's my problem now isn't it?  😛

You do whatever you do.

Ultimately for ‘mimic’ to be effective, you’d have to have actions worth ‘mimic’ing 😉

6 hours ago, Tiaden said:

Also Barbaros in the Outcast faction gained the RETURNED keyword. Does this foreshadow a Lilith comeback?

Not only gaining the returned Keyword, but loyalist was changed to "crews containing Nekima" instead of just "lead by...", implying there will be another master who will be able to hire both Nekima and Barbaros down the line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

Not only gaining the returned Keyword, but loyalist was changed to "crews containing Nekima" instead of just "lead by...", implying there will be another master who will be able to hire both Nekima and Barbaros down the line.

I don't see them having adding another nephlim master, but if they were to be a neverborn RETURNED master, it could potentially hire nekima, and thus the ability would make sense.

11 minutes ago, Noxious Nephlim said:

I don't see them having adding another nephlim master, but if they were to be a neverborn RETURNED master, it could potentially hire nekima, and thus the ability would make sense.

So the theoretical scenario I suppose is, Lilith (or some other character) is Neverborn with the Returned (or Nephillim I guess) keyword. They can hire Barbaros, but were they to hire Nekima as a 2nd master would no longer be able to hire Barbaros. Thematically it would make a lot of sense for a returned Lilith to not be able to hire or be hired by Titania and Nekima, but that would be a lot of text on her card for a purely thematic ability. It's still neat having it on Barbaros though, look forward to seeing what comes of this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimH said:

So the theoretical scenario I suppose is, Lilith (or some other character) is Neverborn with the Returned (or Nephillim I guess) keyword. They can hire Barbaros, but were they to hire Nekima as a 2nd master would no longer be able to hire Barbaros. Thematically it would make a lot of sense for a returned Lilith to not be able to hire or be hired by Titania and Nekima, but that would be a lot of text on her card for a purely thematic ability. It's still neat having it on Barbaros though, look forward to seeing what comes of this.

yeah i wouldn't think so either, at least not the same lilith as before she was yeeted. however there are some reasons she might want to work with them, from deciding that cooperation is the only way to defeat the threats to malifaux, to not being completely there mentally due to becoming undead or something. but regardless of why lilith might team up with nekima, i could see barbaros decide that he's not willing to work with her again.

11 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Oh but the lawyers don’t draw cards most of the time. And now theres no shifting AP around the crew to draw cards anymore 😭. I will surely be missing just like you a lot in future games. 
i really do hope the „active“ function will somehow make up for that cause tbh Lucius wasnt rocking turnaments all over the world afaik and I still don’t know what to do with cavatica and Hans which get more important since changelings can only hop 12“ to mimic and not elite. 

1 hour ago, extremor said:

Oh but the lawyers don’t draw cards most of the time. And now theres no shifting AP around the crew to draw cards anymore 😭. I will surely be missing just like you a lot in future games. 

I wasn’t that impressed with the card manipulation. Mostly seemed like a lot of hassle for little gain - and the Lawyers came with some great Tools for the job 😏

But I’m a simple guy, my Lucy crews mostly relied on bossing two matures and Candy around 😉 I haven’t tried out Lucy2, but with the changes to changelings and the new starter pack the keyword seems more interesting to me.

41 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

I wasn’t that impressed with the card manipulation. Mostly seemed like a lot of hassle for little gain - and the Lawyers came with some great Tools for the job 😏

But I’m a simple guy, my Lucy crews mostly relied on bossing two matures and Candy around 😉 I haven’t tried out Lucy2, but with the changes to changelings and the new starter pack the keyword seems more interesting to me.

Ah ok. That simply is not my way of playing Lucius 1. I did that at the beginning but now I play without ook. That may be the reason why i feel worried about this change. 

and I totaly see the use of new changelings in Lucius 2. I think they are way better than the old ones. My worries and my disapointment are directed towards Lucius 1 (which is my favourite Master of all)

but maybe I should stop trying to make a weak keyword work by force. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, FrostHunter said:

Sooo what do you think about creating more Hungry land (those are terrain marker? ^^' ) markers via Bultungins?

Hungry land seems like a cool option to copy and Titania likes big boys like the Emissary anyway so if you are considering the possibility of Bultungin in Fae you were probably running ME anyway. Another option that's probably going to be less useful and less common is making extra lair markers for the Grootslang to help him rapidly reposition across the board.

Butlunging will make web more often than Lair I think... I realised that they can also make eggs for a Gupp spam engine with Mama Z 🤣.

Making hungry land is tricky :1) it's a create, so you can't pop them under an enemy; 2) it mus be created in base contact with the Butlunging, so next time it'll activate, it'll take 1 dmg...

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SEV said:

Making hungry land is tricky :1) it's a create, so you can't pop them under an enemy; 2) it mus be created in base contact with the Butlunging, so next time it'll activate, it'll take 1 dmg...

Wouldn't it take damage from creating the Hungry Land Marker, because technically it did an Action in (b2b) Hazardous Terrain?