Errata 2022: Exploring the predictions

OctaBit

14 hours ago, Peturd said:

Yeah, I definitely don’t want to dismiss the NPE of having Broken get summoned on an ace of crows when your opponent black jokers. That once in a million generates a LOT of hate.

I guess my only take is we should nerf on the expected/real results, not the possibilities.

On the subject of Broken's their tactical action should only damage if the opponent fails the duel.  How it currently stands with 4 damage no matter what is flipped in resistance to whatever the broken is summoned from is pretty NPE for the opponent. 

• Agree 3

I think the issue with Ivan is that for most summoners, the main thing the do in a turn is summon a model.

For Ivan, he can leap and do min-3 hits, he can do 8 damage and summon, he can scheme run, etc. He can do it all, and is actually quite durable as well.

He's just a bit overtuned.

(Although as a resser player I have a much easier time with him because Gravity Well).

• Agree 3

Ya, I'm honestly not sure what you would give them either. I feel like they would need to go in a different direction from the pathfinder to really have a reason for fielding them. Maybe give them an action or free action heal? Would fit the sub theme for frontier. I know they have a trigger for melee, but they don't really want to be in melee. They'd probably have to swap the heal for another ability though to stay five points. Swapping it for follow my path wouldn't be too bad since Pathfinders already do it for free.

29 minutes ago, OctaBit said:

Ya, I'm honestly not sure what you would give them either. I feel like they would need to go in a different direction from the pathfinder to really have a reason for fielding them. Maybe give them an action or free action heal? Would fit the sub theme for frontier. I know they have a trigger for melee, but they don't really want to be in melee. They'd probably have to swap the heal for another ability though to stay five points. Swapping it for follow my path wouldn't be too bad since Pathfinders already do it for free.

Even just swapping the heal to be on a ranged weapon would be a massive buff. I think they'd see play for sure then. Maybe they'd be too strong even.

On 1/11/2022 at 8:04 PM, OctaBit said:

I feel like I’ve seen people talk about this before, but just giving them Hard to Kill would do a lot. They are hearty frontier folk so it is in theme, it synergizes really well with the heals you see in keyword (it could even make the survivalist ability mean something since they could have a chance to heal up), and it has internal synergy with their field medic trigger (on themselves or another frontiersman). 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Alerteddonkey42 said:

I feel like I’ve seen people talk about this before, but just giving them Hard to Kill would do a lot. They are hearty frontier folk so it is in theme, it synergizes really well with the heals you see in keyword (it could even make the survivalist ability mean something since they could have a chance to heal up), and it has internal synergy with their field medic trigger (on themselves or another frontiersman). 

Even a lesser version if H2K is too much potency, where it only works if you choose to discard a card. Honestly, I think there's a few models that could be served with that, where H2K might be a little much, but there's some survivability issues that cause them to be underused or just not taken.

3 minutes ago, diki said:

Lock Away - I don't think this should be allowed to target strat markers!

It seems generally abusive and mostly without a counter (infilitrator does ignore it but 🤷‍♂️)

It can't - Page 28

Strategy Markers
Strategy Markers are often put on the table by the Strategy or the players throughout the game. Strategy Markers cannot be affected by the effects of models (such as moving, removing, or targeting) except by those effects which are specifically called out in the Strategy.

Okay because i just finished painting them and apart from being pretty boys:

After the McCabe1 Master Nerf, i feel his best minions, the Ruffians and the Cryptologists deserve a buff.

Ruffians need HTK, HTW, Armor+1, Disguised, or get shielded when they get an upgrade something along those lines otherwise they are without function (and might be even then)

Cryptologists, apart from being in Cadmus Keyword for some... i mean the bonus with the trigger: in Keyword, i get to draw a Card and have another model take an action for a 9 of Mask and otherwise... might give them just Movement 5? And perhaps a trigger or two on the melee? Drain Magic? Hole in the World? something along those lines?     I mean i can't rule out that i am missing something (again) that they are REALLY good at in Keyword. but right now they are Shelf models apart from introduction games for beginners

And i think it wouldn't be terrible to readjust McCabe1 a bit, he lost bite....

• Respectfully Disagree 1

On 1/11/2022 at 9:33 AM, im_open_to_suggestions said:

On the subject of Broken's their tactical action should only damage if the opponent fails the duel.  How it currently stands with 4 damage no matter what is flipped in resistance to whatever the broken is summoned from is pretty NPE for the opponent. 

I feel like changing it to a model in contact suffers 2 Damage instead of all models in base contact would be another solution. But maybe your version is better because the opponent can then at least try to pass the easier duel.

I also would like to have an incentive to even use the brocken's melee once in a while, because it's an awesome attack, but unless the opponent has armor/incorp/shielded, i just do not use it

2 hours ago, Gheist said:

I feel like changing it to a model in contact suffers 2 Damage instead of all models in base contact would be another solution. But maybe your version is better because the opponent can then at least try to pass the easier duel.

I also would like to have an incentive to even use the brocken's melee once in a while, because it's an awesome attack, but unless the opponent has armor/incorp/shielded, i just do not use it

The fact the tactical is also ignoring incorp i feel i only use his melee if its against a master or other stone user that i want dead. 

• Agree 1