Errata 2022 - Resurrectionists

It is a bit strange that Philip and the nanny doesn’t have hard to wound. If this model could stay on the table longer I’d happily take it more often. Manipulative is the worst defensive ability, unless it’s candy. Serene would be better, but for lore purposes I completely understand manipulative. 

its just getting hard to defend defense 4 the faction into all the card draw the game just got, especially with how little there is in ressers. Using the focus pulses defensively is no longer a thing since the focus cap, especially because our attack stat is average and can only tie at best most of the time. 
I really don’t want to be forced into super friends again like 2nd edition, but the keyword synergy in 6/8 masters isn’t there enough to hire strictly in keyword. 

Personally I think boring conversation is a bit funky on the model, since the crew just doesn't like to bubble.

When I do use Philip and the Nanny, it tends to be when I want a highly mobile model to pair with crooligans and/or night terrors. To cement the night terror synergy and fading synergy generally, could give Philip another bonus to have a model discard a card (for some positive effect).

That said, I know a lot of people like the boring conversation builds. So definitely would be good to see a little boost there (either a way to take a bonus action before activating, or better defenses. Hard to wound and manipulative is a really good combination, but stones sort of fill that role already... Just gotta make Philip worth the stones).

Anna is fine, she's powerful, but she costs 10ss and she's easy to ignore. She has Mv5, if Anna is in the opposing team, just spread and don't try to kill her unless you have to tools to do it. Reducing the range on her auras is not an option, because it would impact a bunch of other models.

I mostly agree that models that definitely need buffs are:

• Philip and the Nanny
  • Mourners
  • Asura
  • Rafkin

But there are also quite problematic models from Malifaux Burns:

• Gwishin: Absolutely bonkers for 6ss. Incorporeal + Take the Hit + 7 Wounds + Vengeance +2 for 6 ss? Can remove Scheme markers and has trigger both to heal itself for 2 (that can be used on friendly models), to heal your master, it hands out adversary and staggered. WTF? Like for real, WTF?
  • Kirai 2: I've played 5 games against her ratio is 10ss/turn in summoned models. She's just stupidly good.
  • McMourning 2: Plastic Surgery shouldn't include masters or even non-Experimental models, it allows stupid combos that break the game and every new Resurrectionists release could be problematic.
  • Agree 4

20 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Anna is fine, she's powerful, but she costs 10ss and she's easy to ignore. She has Mv5, if Anna is in the opposing team, just spread and don't try to kill her unless you have to tools to do it. Reducing the range on her auras is not an option, because it would impact a bunch of other models.

I tend to agree with this. Anna gets so many complaints because she counters some of the most powerful things in the game. She is good against places (the best form of movement), and good against preventing support models from supporting (a huge part of the competitive meta) and is good when people just want to dogpile into a brawl (because she is aura based).

But she is remarkably weak to "lol, I'm just going to run around you."

That said, she may be  bit overpowered in GG2 because it heavily incentivises just claiming territory, so Anna can happily just camp objectives and get value out of her auras that way.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Gwishin: Absolutely bonkers for 6ss. Incorporeal + Take the Hit + 7 Wounds + Vengeance +2 for 6 ss? Can remove Scheme markers and has trigger both to heal itself for 2 (that can be used on friendly models), to heal your master, it hands out adversary and staggered. WTF? Like for real, WTF?

Indeed... This box also contains a bonker versatile minion for Guild (guild mage). So, basically if you want to play one of those two factions competitively you almost need to buy it...

I'm always looking at Wyrd as a small indy company that is above that kind of money grap, but the evidence are not in its favor here.

10 minutes ago, SEV said:

Indeed... This box also contains a bonker versatile minion for Guild (guild mage). So, basically if you want to play one of those two factions competitively you almost need to buy it...

I'm always looking at Wyrd as a small indy company that is above that kind of money grap, but the evidence are not in its favor here.

I've also heard that the player base (being responsible for the playtesting) also pushes for these high power levels on new models.

It does take some time playing a model to get it to its full power level, so it may actually mainly be the playtesting process.

Thinking about reva’s massive amount of discards in keyword and possible fixes. I was thinking having some sort of card draw on the corpse candles would ease the burden. I’m stuck between adding it to the demise, or ancient pact for end of its activation. Probably leaning toward ancient pact. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, 50 SS Enforcer said:

Thinking about reva’s massive amount of discards in keyword and possible fixes. I was thinking having some sort of card draw on the corpse candles would ease the burden. I’m stuck between adding it to the demise, or ancient pact for end of its activation. Probably leaning toward ancient pact. 

That's an interesting idea! Nefarious pact might be tricky as then they'll also draw when they get resummoned. Maybe card draw on another model where it can kill a corpse candle to draw a card?

• Adran changed the title to Errata 2022 - Resurrectionists

I think I would be more happy to put Archie on the table if he had a way to flex into his 6 severe more easily. It’s really sad that there are more native 6 severe on ranged models than melee and this one might as well not exist if you can’t gain focus. I’d like to see puncture added to his triggers.  The mournful memories needing a 7 feels like a wad of spit sliding down my face compared to how good Archie used to be. 

I dunno. It's hard for me to do much suggesting because with the new masters in Malifaux Burns I don't know where they want the new balance point to be. I think we had a good handle on it pre-Titles, but now? I dunno. There's a good deal of good ideas here. I don't think Anna needs a nerf. Kirai2 and Plastic surgery do. I'm not sure what else desperately needs nerfs.I'm somewhat doubtful they are gonna buff much. I do agree the Emissary could use a tiny tweak, mainly because of Malifaux burns and the explorers just making the TN for the markers pretty ridiculous in the environment he exists in now. Just Dead Mans hand Mourners and be done with them. 

I played Molly 2  yesterday and that concealing aura is really annoying, also that you have to place night terrors at least 3 inch away from other friendlies or you can't even cast in them without a minus... Maybe just remove the TN on Molly...

Its just annoying because Molly 2 is really fun to play... 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, unti said:

I played Molly 2  yesterday and that concealing aura is really annoying, also that you have to place night terrors at least 3 inch away from other friendlies or you can't even cast in them without a minus... Maybe just remove the TN on Molly...

Its just annoying because Molly 2 is really fun to play... 

I think that sort of effect deserves a TN, but it is super awkward that night terrors would see more play if you just deleted its defensive ability.

10 hours ago, Metalhed said:

Still think molly should bypass concealing on that attack. It really wouldn’t buff her that much. But would make the night terrors work like they’re supposed to. 

Or make the night terror concealing be able to be ignored by friendlies. 

I prefer the latter, mainly because it doesn't change the power of Molly2, and just corrects what I assume is a rules oversight.

• Agree 1