New reva title

Korrok

I haven't played her, but she looks extremely squishy. If you kill a Corpse Candle, you're giving a lot of activation control to the enemy (1 activation if it hasn't activated + 1 pass token when you get the next one). Other models can do the same with Scrap, Shadow and Ice Pillar markers, which are infinitely better to produce.

Lampads are bad, and a summoned Lampad that comes in low health are even worse, plus all the investment to get 1 out... Doesn't seem better.

Reva1 was already struggling to survive a 5 turn game (with so much more healing, more movement and :+flip to her defenses). This one is going to struggle way more, specially any sort of ranged attack can easily remove her from the game.

But by far, the worst thing is that she does (almost) nothing for her crew, and definitely less than before. A keyword that is already struggling to reach a mediocre level.

2 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Lampads are bad, and a summoned Lampad that comes in low health are even worse, plus all the investment to get 1 out... Doesn't seem better.

Well, they're better than they were. And I think the point is, you don't summon unless you've already got at least one Pyre in the area, if it's not going to get a chance to activate. So you've got the option to bounce it, or at least make them waste several actions taking it out.

7 hours ago, ShinChan said:

I haven't played her, but she looks extremely squishy. If you kill a Corpse Candle, you're giving a lot of activation control to the enemy (1 activation if it hasn't activated + 1 pass token when you get the next one). Other models can do the same with Scrap, Shadow and Ice Pillar markers, which are infinitely better to produce.

Reva1 was already struggling to survive a 5 turn game (with so much more healing, more movement and :+flip to her defenses). This one is going to struggle way more, specially any sort of ranged attack can easily remove her from the game.

But by far, the worst thing is that she does (almost) nothing for her crew, and definitely less than before. A keyword that is already struggling to reach a mediocre level.

I’m not sure shield bearers being able to do a possible 5 dmg with shield slam or becoming a min 3 beater counts as nothing for the crew. I like shield bearers even more for the new title.

Summoning a Lampad with a crew centered around taking advantage of gaining burning doesn’t seem like a lot of work, especially since she can transfer the burning needed to summon during her activation. 

On 8/18/2021 at 12:31 PM, Adran said:

Reva standing in a pyre. 

Journalist attacks her and get the trigger to make her take an interact action which they control. 

Reva takes action in hazardous terrain, at the end of the action she gains burning from the pyre. 

The journalist still controls reva so decides she takes a point of damage when she gains burning. 

The journalist then decides that as reva is going to take damage she can kill a friendly model within2 to reduce the damage to 0. 

Reva is a friendly model within 2 so is the model picked to be killed. 

Would Reva have to be in an Exclusive interview aura for this to go this way?  The Journalist triggers are all "target must take an interact action" with no mention of the change of control required to ruin everything.

5 hours ago, Clement said:

Would Reva have to be in an Exclusive interview aura for this to go this way?  The Journalist triggers are all "target must take an interact action" with no mention of the change of control required to ruin everything.

Yes she does need to be in exclusive interview ( or at least some way that they control her).

If you don't control reva then you can't choose to damage reva when she gets burning and you can't choose to kill a model to reduce that damage.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ShinChan said:

While I really wish this version had Channeled Flame, I like that Reva2 seems to have an easier time getting burning out on the table. I struggle with Reva1 to keep burning on the crew. Reva2 can get a lot more out, making models like Lampads and Draugr more efficient from the get go. And it looks like you can get a lot of 2" pushes. She is a bit squishy though.

Lampads are better than they were, though still not my favorite. Once they get a lot of burning on them, which this Reva helps with, they can be somewhat tanky. I do wish their Df had been bumped to 5 (they are 8ss models after all). I don't think you necessarily have to 'plan' and force a summons. It's more something to keep in mind if the opportunity arises. 

28 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

While I really wish this version had Channeled Flame, I like that Reva2 seems to have an easier time getting burning out on the table. I struggle with Reva1 to keep burning on the crew. Reva2 can get a lot more out, making models like Lampads and Draugr more efficient from the get go. And it looks like you can get a lot of 2" pushes. She is a bit squishy though.

Lampads are better than they were, though still not my favorite. Once they get a lot of burning on them, which this Reva helps with, they can be somewhat tanky. I do wish their Df had been bumped to 5 (they are 8ss models after all). I don't think you necessarily have to 'plan' and force a summons. It's more something to keep in mind if the opportunity arises. 

I never struggled to get as much burning as I wanted with Reva1. The only time I didn't have enough it was because a LJ jumped in the middle of my crew T1 and did the "Restore Natural Order". I usually was using her quick action to remove burning without even healing.

Lampads are better, but they're still a bad 8ss minion.

19 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Well, they're better than they were. And I think the point is, you don't summon unless you've already got at least one Pyre in the area, if it's not going to get a chance to activate. So you've got the option to bounce it, or at least make them waste several actions taking it out.

Well, you still need to get the card to discard, in a crew that has literally 0 card draw.

Let's remember that this Reva now has no mobility at all and no real range for her abilities, so she's gonna need to be in the middle of the action. 11 Wds and the defensive stats of a 5/6ss cost minion (df5/wp6) is gonna mean you will easily lose your master against any sort of beater in 1-2 activations.

On 8/24/2021 at 2:00 PM, ShinChan said:

I never struggled to get as much burning as I wanted with Reva1. The only time I didn't have enough it was because a LJ jumped in the middle of my crew T1 and did the "Restore Natural Order". I usually was using her quick action to remove burning without even healing.

Lampads are better, but they're still a bad 8ss minion.

Well, you still need to get the card to discard, in a crew that has literally 0 card draw.

Let's remember that this Reva now has no mobility at all and no real range for her abilities, so she's gonna need to be in the middle of the action. 11 Wds and the defensive stats of a 5/6ss cost minion (df5/wp6) is gonna mean you will easily lose your master against any sort of beater in 1-2 activations.

Emissary might be a good pick for this Reva then. Coffin markers to grant cover and reduce charge lanes, and a body which does not generate a pass token to take a hit.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, HomelessOne said:

So did anyone end up trying Reva2 out on the (digital representation of a) table?

I proxied her for a pretty casual game of Ley Lines, don’t remember schemes off the top. Ran Luminary, 2x Shieldbearers w/ GST, Wanyudo, Rider, and Toshiro. Shieldbearers on a 3/4/6 track were nice, and was trying Toshiro to see how often I could hit Crit Strike. A decent amount of successful duels hit a high enough Ram, so my opponent saw a 4/5/7 track w/o me needing to cheat more often than they had anticipated. Shield slam was great with Luminary’s Chosen trigger and gain burning ping, but couldn’t set it up as much as I anticipated. Stagger removal would have helped SB mobility a bit. Wanyudo helped build burning for Luminary’s Immolation, but I only usually popped for 2/3 damage since I didn’t lean more into burning when building the crew. Luminary really liked Rider, didn’t move her much after T1. If I did, rider swooped in to drag her around instead of walking.

Biggest gripe was not being able to give out Staggered, as I caused a LOT of Mv duels with Luminary/Wanudo and -2 Mv would have ate more of my opponent’s hand or passed out more damage. Also never got the 12+ Crow in hand to summon an Ashigaru like I hoped, but didn’t really hurt for specific cards otherwise. Crew was fairly Ram heavy though, so a good chunk of ss went to ensuring a Ram for Foul-Mouthed or Lanterns Light. Though, Luminary wanted weak Rams, Toshiro wanted mod Rams, and SB wanted Severe Rams. Made for very little conflict for Rams in hand. I also didn’t try for the Lampad summon, just used Luminary for board control mainly, so it never happened as a happy accident.

Was fun overall, but I could see cutting Wanyudo ,Toshiro, or both for Stagger removal (if running SB), a model with easy Stagger, or anti-opponent tech.

• Thanks 1