McMourning Tips and Tricks - "And that's how I lost my medical license."

SteampunkCake

• 3 months later...

ive only had a couple of games but I was using poison to make it so that everything healed back to full at the end of the turn so if you hadn't killed a model then it heals back to full and go for the attrition battle if I got it on enemy models then bonus but it wasn't as important as healing and scoring points. my biggest mistake was not loading up Sebastian which caused him to die but everything else healed 5 points each turn just by poison. it worked quite well a little gasser held up models it had no business holding up 

6 minutes ago, Zebo said:

And how is supposed it to reach so much Poison in your whole crew? 

well rafikin can put 9 poison on everyone in 1 activation, little gassers can do 3, Chihuauaua does 2, Sebastian can do 4, so that's 18 poison in turn one to them all... (As long as they all stand very close together).

• Like 1

McMourning's Field Testing + Rancid Transplant = +8 Poison

Zombie Chihuahua's Horrific Odor + Attacks = +3-5 Poison

3x Little Gassers Horrific Odor + Pull My Finger = +9 Poison

Sebastian's Flasks = +4 Poison

Rafkin's Flasks + Open Vials = +5-9 Poison

2× Nurse's Smashed = +8 Poison

With 10 soulstones left over, a single model could have +43 Poison by the end of turn 1. Whether that's viable I don't know,  but it's possible.

Edit: Oh wait it gets stupider. I didn't consider Transfusion or Rancid Transplants ability to move conditions. Assuming the models we move conditions from are hit by every AoE Poison (+27 Poison) and it was all moved to a single model that was targeted by the direct Poison and AoE Poison we'd have +130 Poison on a single model. That's a regen of 45 wounds a turn.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, KingJocko said:

Edit: Oh wait it gets stupider. I didn't consider Transfusion or Rancid Transplants ability to move conditions. Assuming the models we move conditions from are hit by every AoE Poison (+24 Poison) and it was all moved to a single model we'd have +139 Poison on a single model. That's a regen of 46 wounds twice a turn.

1 hiccup - Catalyst is 1 damge this edition, not the full amount, so you only get to heal 47 wounds in total...

Stacking too much poison is awesome on paper, but it may be a trap tho. Any player worth his salt is going to bring condition removal and/or models able to kill things in one activation versus  McMurder. A dispel magic versus an stack of 20 posion feels bad; but not as bad as getting a disappointment rewiew from his colleague Schtook.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

It's certainly easier to put mass poison on your own crew when you control the positioning and the duels, its a case of can you make sure that the healing you get from it is going to help you score and deny points. 

I think that is something that is more useful against a less strong player. The better players are more likely to adapt to having to do lethal damage in 1 turn to each model rather than allow them to heal. 

The most effective poison stacking as far as I can see is:

• Stack 5 on an ally
  • Rancid transplant it.
  • Blood poison for 5 damage.

It gives McMourning incredibly strong activations when you mix in two regular attacks in the middle.

The heal/damage ticks end of turn are nice, but it is the crazy burst damage/heals with blood poisoning that make a big difference.

8 minutes ago, Michael Curran said:

Explain this to me..... why stack five poisons on a ally?  Why not an enemy?

Then rancid transplant followed by blood poisoning?  Yes / No

Because you get the stack of 5 poison with little to no duels required.

Its pretty easy to get poison on your own crew. Several models start with it, and can easily be in the right position for things like Horrific odor to give them more.

Enemy models are much less likely to start with it. They are more likely to avoid affects like Horrific odor, and most abilities that provide poison will give them a chance to resist, and probably only give them 1 or 2 points. Also its easier for a model to remove conditions from its own side than from an enemy model.

As you your yes/no It depends. Possibly yes, but not always.

What Adran said.

Plus you often want to use rancid transplant's 'on your heels' trigger for McMourning, so it ends up being quite action efficient.

Also typically it'll be rancid transplant, attack, attack, blood poisoning. Since injured makes it easier to land everything else, you want to do that as early in the chain as possible (barring unusual circumstances, like rancid > blood poisoning and kill the target > charge something else)