The finer points of Dashel

Cronex13

2 hours ago, Cronex13 said:

There's no way he's getting sold independently. There'd be no reason for a boxed set besides new players at that point, would make no sense from a sales standpoint. Only way it happens is if someone else is selling em

Wyrd has already said models like this will be available for a year after their release by special order through your LGS or the Wyrd Webstore.  Models like Agent 46, Blood Hunter (Nekima's Totem), etc that did not have a 2E release, but are in multi model boxes in 3E.

5 hours ago, Chris Rivers said:

Wyrd has already said models like this will be available for a year after their release by special order through your LGS or the Wyrd Webstore.  Models like Agent 46, Blood Hunter (Nekima's Totem), etc that did not have a 2E release, but are in multi model boxes in 3E.

Not really, the truth is this is not clear. They've said that new models sold with old ones will be available separately (firebranded + elijah for example) but... are resculpts new or old models? I'm pretty sure every master with his/her box changed will have every model in his box resculpted so I very much doubt that Dashel's totem or Agent will be sold separately TBH

2 hours ago, longfanz said:

Not really, the truth is this is not clear. They've said that new models sold with old ones will be available separately (firebranded + elijah for example) but... are resculpts new or old models? I'm pretty sure every master with his/her box changed will have every model in his box resculpted so I very much doubt that Dashel's totem or Agent will be sold separately TBH

Agent and Dispatcher are new models! ;) they were created for M3e and were not present in M2e!

Also as I said in an earlier post, I'm not sure they will do this with every new models in big boxes! But since Daschel was sold as a henchman in M2e and he is now a Master for M3e, he needs a totem to be playable so I have high hope they will sell his totem separatly to help the owner of the previous Daschel model! :)

• Like 1

I believe from a business perspective a M3e new box set will include new sculpts:

name: “Secure the Perimeter”

Dashel Barker

Dispatcher

Guard x 2

surprise new henchman named ‘Keegan’

who carries around a barbwire & nail infused baseball bat he calls ‘Camille’!

hows that 😊

6 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

Agent and Dispatcher are new models! ;) they were created for M3e and were not present in M2e!

Also as I said in an earlier post, I'm not sure they will do this with every new models in big boxes! But since Daschel was sold as a henchman in M2e and he is now a Master for M3e, he needs a totem to be playable so I have high hope they will sell his totem separatly to help the owner of the previous Daschel model! :)

I know but you get my point. It depends on new sculpts being considered new models or not.

2 hours ago, Michael Curran said:

I’m going to run Dashel & Nellie together at some point and see where that leads.

It generally leads into close studying the rules to realize Nellie can not actually force enemy scheme markers to appear. She can force them to take the interact action, but they can always choose the remove all markers in base contact option, and when she controls the action it is a friendly scheme marker. 

47 minutes ago, Adran said:

It generally leads into close studying the rules to realize Nellie can not actually force enemy scheme markers to appear. She can force them to take the interact action, but they can always choose the remove all markers in base contact option, and when she controls the action it is a friendly scheme marker. 

That being said, she can be an ok card engine, but imo Lucius as first master is a better fit for Daschel

It is so hard to summon for Barker, why?

Need a mask to get internal affairs from the dispatchers bonus action to drop an enemy scheme marker.  Then a ram 10 plus card cost, minus stat to summon a guard reinforcement.  Thats going to be quite a detractor to decide on collecting/playing guard keyword fellas.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. You can summon off your own scheme markers, it just needs a higher card. So from that point of view he is relatively easy to summon with. Star with that as your frame of mind, and see the tn reduction with enemy scheme markers as a bonus and you'll do fine. Also using enemy scheme markers will make your opponents have to work harder to score. So even if you never do it, the ability that you could have will have helped you. 

Honestly I stopped thinking of dispatcher as my primary method.  Daschel's guard crew is a soulstone generating machine, which feeds his and queegs ability to use drop it at a likely stat 7 next to an enemy pretty far away, while putting on some nice damage.   It's also a pretty nice denial ability, considering how good it can be to pick up their scheme markers from  range and put something that is going to make it hard to get that scheme done (like a warden) into that spot.

I do wish you controlled where the marker went down, instead of your opponent controlling it.  

Having played some more with him I've become more convinced that the dispatcher  is just another instance of drop it for me to try with.  If I have the mask in hand, great, and I will Stone for it, but I'm not going to stress over him.  He's just kinda not good.

• Like 1

You do realize to summon off of a friendly scheme marker adds an additional 2 to your casting target number?  This abolishes your ability to summon cavalry & executioners - the two figs you want the most.

Alas, I will try out some of the other methodologies you people have kindly taken the time to mention.  Much appreciation, MC