Dispatch times from Wyrd webstore

2 hours ago, Rufess said:

I believe every one here are just loving the game and being impatient because they cannot wait longer for the brand new toys. I, for one, sure want Wyrd ships out all orders ASAP, but it would be nice if they could spare a minute or two to drop a comment about the current status e.g. are they waiting the boxes to arrive the warehouse, or are they now packing the parcels. It is not necessary to be an official announcement, but a short note on this thread or AWP can work.

Also we should notice that, when comparing to previous Gen Con/Festival sale, this time the sale is a part of the new edition launch. The order counts is probably much larger than previous events as most players have something to buy. So it is not surprise that it takes more time to handle all these orders.

We have had an official note. I think it was in both places, but I distinctly remember seeing it in AWP. They have begun shipping orders out. Do you want more, redundant posts of "We're still shipping stuff out," or do you want them to keep on with shipping stuff out?

7 hours ago, Adran said:

Which would you prefer? An Update on how the shipping is going, or them to actually pick as fast as they can to get people their orders as fast as possible. They give plenty of warning that the picking of the gencon order will take longer than usual.

I think its safe to say that Wyrd doesn't take on lots of extra staff for just 1-2 weeks of the year.

You're implying that updating the community on the status of orders would slow down the process of filling orders? How? If you are suggesting literally every staff member at Wyrd who could update us is out there picking warehouse orders then they are in DIRE need of temp help (and probably an HR or office manager).

In any case, Wyrd absolutely should take on temp staff for processing these orders if it typically takes this long during Gencon. Overall, turning around orders in a timely fashion will make them more money and improve customer satisfaction.

We could go round and round about whether these process times are healthy for a business this size and argue about how Wyrd should run their business but that just isn't constructive.

Rather than do that, however, my original intentions in posting on this thread was just to communicate with other buyers what my order status and items were so we could piece together where Wyrd is at with orders currently.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, gozer said:

You're implying that updating the community on the status of orders would slow down the process of filling orders? How? If you are suggesting literally every staff member at Wyrd who could update us is out there picking warehouse orders then they are in DIRE need of temp help (and probably an HR or office manager).

In any case, Wyrd absolutely should take on temp staff for processing these orders if it typically takes this long during Gencon. Overall, turning around orders in a timely fashion will make them more money and improve customer satisfaction.

Anyway, my original intent in posting on this thread was just to communicate with other buyers what my order status and items were so we could piece together where Wyrd is at with orders currently.

I'm not implying it. I'm saying it. They do hire temp staff to help. They are small, all located in a single warehouse/office (correct me if I am mistaken) and not a particularly large one at that. Would it be nice to know how far they've gotten? Yes. Is it necessary when people are getting shipping notices from orders placed during the convention? No. And just so you can see what kind of company they are (beyond being rather small) here is the primary job duties from their Game Designer Narrative Focus job listing on their website (Bold, Italics and Underlining added by me for emphasis):

Work on current and future game releases. With an emphasis on writing, editing, and assisting in component design, you will work on content creation for games such as Through the Breach, Malifaux, the Other Side, and more.

Work directly with the Creative Director to ensure that all project specifications are on target both conceptually and in terms of timeframe.

Collaborate with the entire team, building upon ideas through constructive feedback.

The ability to bring ideas and characters to life through written presentation.

Contribute to ongoing development of the Malifaux world and its characters.

Maintain a professional presence through written and verbal communication while interacting with the game community while developing an understanding of our customers’ wants, wishes, and concerns.

Assist at conventions and trade shows, including set up, demos, customer service, and breakdown.

Other duties, as assigned, to assist in the office and warehouse, as needed.

Possess a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, and InDesign

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, krisbrowne42 said:

I will just say, replying to emails asking about updates, even if it’s just a copy/paste of “we are backed up and trying to fulfill all orders” would be a nice touch... feeling like we’re screaming into the void may be thematic on the table but not the webstore. 

Did you use the contact form or did you send an actual email, and if so to who? Also keep in mind that if it was done in the past 3 days there was no in the office to even make a reply.

8/13, actual email to the address on the contact page, about an order from 8/4. I was concerned that the fact that I’d placed an order for Deep Sleep while it was briefly on the store, aside from the various 2e models and bases, might have screwed up fulfillment times, and would like more info before putting in other orders.

What is the email address I should be using to contact someone regarding my order?  I understand the virtue of patience and all that, but I'm afraid my order might be in an unusual situation.  

I placed my order on 8/1, paid for two day shipping.  Received an email with shipping confirmation on 8/14, but according to the tracking number provided the items are still in "Pre-Shipment" and have not been received by USPS yet.  

Update:  Received word from Wyrd on this already. Thanks.  Issues with USPS.  My order should be arriving soonish

6 hours ago, WUWU said:

What is the email address I should be using to contact someone regarding my order?  I understand the virtue of patience and all that, but I'm afraid my order might be in an unusual situation.  

I placed my order on 8/1, paid for two day shipping.  Received an email with shipping confirmation on 8/14, but according to the tracking number provided the items are still in "Pre-Shipment" and have not been received by USPS yet.  

Update:  Received word from Wyrd on this already. Thanks.  Issues with USPS.  My order should be arriving soonish

Mind if I ask what you had in your 8/1 order?

I also ordered 8/1 (at 12:30 am) and have recieved no correspondence about status (other than the order confirmation a few minutes after placing)

Ty!

I'd also be curious to know, I placed an order at around 2230 on 7/31 and that order is still listed as "unfulfilled." I received my order of older models (no new releases/re-packs) that I placed on 8/01, but both my orders of new models/re-packs plus the Nightmare Molly crew has no updates as of yet.

8 hours ago, gozer said:

Mind if I ask what you had in your 8/1 order?

I also ordered 8/1 (at 12:30 am) and have recieved no correspondence about status (other than the order confirmation a few minutes after placing)

Ty!

Sure, I ordered the core rulebook, the arcanist deck, the new Marcus box, and some Bayou Smugglers.  

To be fair, my order status as of right now is still in "Pre-Shipment" so not really out of the woods yet, I'm afraid. 

6 hours ago, WUWU said:

Sure, I ordered the core rulebook, the arcanist deck, the new Marcus box, and some Bayou Smugglers.  

To be fair, my order status as of right now is still in "Pre-Shipment" so not really out of the woods yet, I'm afraid. 

Thanks for the update! Did you get in contact with Wyrd about the issue? If so, how? Or, did Wyrd get in contact with you? I'm trying to figure out how long we should wait before reaching out for a status update directly through e-mail.

58 minutes ago, gozer said:

Thanks for the update! Did you get in contact with Wyrd about the issue? If so, how? Or, did Wyrd get in contact with you? I'm trying to figure out how long we should wait before reaching out for a status update directly through e-mail.

I sent an email to office.assistant@wyrd-games.net

Yeah I've had no correspondence from Wyrd and order simply states unfulfilled. At this rate it's entirely possible that the faction book will be released on a European webstore like Wayland before my order will be fulfilled by Wyrd and I could have saved myself the inevitable import charges and annoyance. 

Lesson learned.

3 hours ago, Drool_bucket said:

Update:  got a response that says they are waiting for the Faction books, hoping they show next Monday! 

squeeky wheel got some oil!  Thanks, Wyrd, happy to wait!

What surprises me, is that Wyrd could have saved a lot of time answering e-mails while also improving customer relationships with a short announcement:

"Hey everyone! We had planned to start processing web-store orders with faction books on the 12th. Unfortunately, we still haven't received the shipment of those books! We expect to have them in the office by the 26th and will begin processing those at that time! We're flogging Waldo with a wet noodle for eating the shipping invoice that caused this to happen! Thank you for your patience!"

If Wyrd had the time to produce and release a Waldo Weekly, they had time to put out an announcement. Customers (and people in general) really appreciate transparency and will give a LOT of support as long as they are kept in the loop - even if that loop means they have to wait another week or two.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 4:46 AM, gozer said:

Amazing right? I think this is a /thread for me :)

I have nothing to say to Wyrd now but kudo's on the hard work and thanks for the update!!!!!!

Yeah but that doesn't answer the question of the missing faction books does it? That's a different problem than simply being overwhelmed by order volume.

1 hour ago, Yew Arcane said:

That's been known for a while. There was a delay on the books. That's why their official releases were moved.

Yes, we knew there was a delay on the books.

But, the books were part of the Gencon sale, and when they put out a release regarding delays in sale and say its all due to volume and nothing about a lack of merchandise- that's why I am a bit concerned.

16 hours ago, CaladanCid said:

Yes, we knew there was a delay on the books.

But, the books were part of the Gencon sale, and when they put out a release regarding delays in sale and say its all due to volume and nothing about a lack of merchandise- that's why I am a bit concerned.

But they told us up front that orders containing books could get delayed because of the production delays...

16 hours ago, tmod said:

But they told us up front that orders containing books could get delayed because of the production delays...

I think we are talking past each other? But I will try to be more clear.

The initial ordering process said- when you order books those aren't coming in until 12 August so there will be a bit of delay. Check.

Update from Kyle says- delays at this point are due to staffing and a ton of orders.  Says nothing about books being delayed further past the 12 August date.

Other posters on forum say- I got an email recently (close in time to Kyle post) that says books were in fact not in on 12 August.

Based on all of that- I am worried that the update from Kyle left out information.  Make sense?

• Like 1