How to counter...10T?

Le gob

5 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

If you're building to counter you aren't building to succeed at your strategy and schemes.  You may be able to mitigate the worst effects of your opponents crew but you will likely lose.

100% agree! 

I build to accomplish my strategy and schemes. I don't always get all the available points, but I want to be imposing my game plan on my opponent, not reacting to their game plan. Picking my crew as a reaction to the opponent puts you on the defensive before the match even begins. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, msgfree said:

100% agree! 

I build to accomplish my strategy and schemes. I don't always get all the available points, but I want to be imposing my game plan on my opponent, not reacting to their game plan. Picking my crew as a reaction to the opponent puts you on the defensive before the match even begins. 

Agree as well.

To add, it is not incorrect at all to invest some Stones into counter tech. If you don’t invest into accomplishing your goals though you likely won’t be winning.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

I'm not sure why everyone is immediately assuming that if you're building counter tech to an enemy master that you're simultaneously not building for the scenario.

The initial post said that Malifaux had become a counterpick game. They then asked for tech for that purpose. It is not incorrect for posters to assume this description of the game would influence his, or her, crew building philosophy heavily. Therefore posters replied with a different philosophy to influence crew building in such a way that the initial poster may earn more points per game and hopefully win more often.

• Agree 4

As a 10T Main who dabbles in Neverborn, I'm not really sure Neverborn has that much of the premier counter-tech for 10T anyway... There's no anti-Demise for Yan-lo and McCabe. There's very little attack buried models for Misaki. There's no anti-summon.

About the only real counter tech I can think of is maybe including Serena or other anti-armour vs Yan Lo or Mei Feng. Otherwise the big one I'd say is that I'd want a crew that's fairly mobile and can spread out otherwise 10T will generally run rings around you. Pandora could be good a option as 10 still like conditions (especially Focused, so maybe Carver), but they also have a lot of Fucused. Zoraida's good to Obey Fuhatsu (Wp3!) and Samurai to shoot their friends!

Otherwise, I agree with the above of playing to the Strats and schemes and dictating your game plan on the enemy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SAYNE said:

I'm not a big NB player but blasting and incidental damage is good too as Shenlong likes to bubble and with all the focused they can be really hard to hit normally

I've also found weight of attacks to be good against Shenlong. They only have so much Chi, and they're usually sitting at Df5 base, often without too much other survival tech.

13 hours ago, CD1248 said:

I've also found weight of attacks to be good against Shenlong. They only have so much Chi, and they're usually sitting at Df5 base, often without too much other survival tech.

exactly this, do not spread your attacks for incidental damage, concentrate a model down so it uses its chi and then finish it when chi less.

• Like 1