How to beat Collodi

Anaris

Hello,

I'm regularly opposed to Collodi and despite a lucky first encounter have lots of difficulties to eat him with Lady J.

Hinamatsu outperforme my team in Hand To Hand and while I try to keep her burried I don't know how to compose my team.

Any basic hints against this invocator?

2 Suggestions - The way to win the game is to score more VPs than your opponent. You don't have to kill a certain model to win (or even kill anything sometimes). Don't get fixated on killing Hinamatsu to the extent you then stop trying to score VPs.

If you are going to try and kill, make sure you pick sensible tools. Lady Justice herself is not a good model to kill high armoured foes, because the high armour drastically cuts her damage down. (She can do it, but its relatively resource heavy in terms of actions, high cards and rams). look to other ways to deal with it, so bury is a good option, or hiring Perdita or Hoffman with their analyse weakness would help you. (or selecting models with armour piercing trigger such as a peace keeper)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

way to beat collodi is ban DMH :D 
Otherwise he is probably the most unbalanced master in the game and as I have used him its tought to do as he will just out damage your crew totally. 
Go for anti-armour for sure, or high level of attacks. and as others said try and do your strats and schemes if he allows it

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, katadder said:

way to beat collodi is ban DMH :D 
Otherwise he is probably the most unbalanced master in the game and as I have used him its tought to do as he will just out damage your crew totally. 
Go for anti-armour for sure, or high level of attacks. and as others said try and do your strats and schemes if he allows it

I'd also add in low level blasts/pulses. Collodi is going to want puppets on hand, so target them with Decay and blast onto Collodi or others, or pinging Shockwaves. Additionally, low levels of spread Poison and Burning (though the former is hard in Guild), giving that ping in the End Phase, might help.

The thing with heavy armor, is that it's great against medium/big hits, but it does squat against ping damage (which in turn SUCKS against Incorporeal). 

Agent 46 (Lucius' henchman) has analyze weakness for cheaper than bringing in a second master. He's also brutal with inhuman physiology (can't cheat against his attack actions) & mimic. I've just had good luck with the rifleman - his gun has an armor ignore trigger & he ignores friendly fire.

• Agree 1

Kill vaselisa! She must not be allowed to live. 

As others have said, bring perdita. Analyse will help you a ton and she can kill or deal severe damage to a model very easily. 

Collodi cheats by being a strong summoning crew (using marionettes to get scrap for weaver and vasilisa) but not getting summoning upgrades. 

Go after vasilisa and weaver. 

Hinamatsu might murder models, but those two keeps the stitched coming in, heals and staggers you.

21 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

The thing with heavy armor, is that it's great against medium/big hits, but it does squat against ping damage (which in turn SUCKS against Incorporeal). 

Incorporeal don't block ping dmg from burning/poison! it only works against attack action;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...