[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

8 hours ago, Da Git said:

Well, that slightly changes things then :P In that case, I agree The Jury is the absolute perfect counter-pick. How did the opponent deal with her? Go for her throat? Not self-bury with Stutter time? Wait till after she activated? Or just cop her Exorcism ritual on the chin and play normally?

Congrats on the win!

My opponent neither summoned nor buried, and took a largely out of theme crew.  He had Tara, totem, prospector, midnight stalker, aonius, Rusty and nothing beast.  Perdita and the emissary, with the help of some hot flips took out Rusty and aonius by the top of 2, and the NB by top of 3.   Midnight stalker is a really nice schemer and got him both his breakthrough points.  Perditas target practice made harness basically impossible to score for my opponent, and jury's trigger almost soloed Tara on it's own.

I played a 35ss game last night, my Nellie vs Dashel. Took Alison, Phiona, a field reporter and brutal emissary. Strat was turf war.

Alison was the star of the show, she got quite lucky with a few negative flips that hit moderates on one more question with a trigger for more damage (either the card reveal or damage near a scheme marker) plus the slow.

I’ve unfortunately just realised that I was forcing his models to charge with Nellie while they were within 6” of BE which BE actually prevents. Another annoying anti-synergy in the crew. 

• Like 1

Considering this into corner Cursed idols tonight.  Won't do it if my opponent declares Ulix, because pigs kill traps too easily. - 

Cornelius Basse
Bernadette Basse
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Sonnia Criid (16)
Paul Crockett (6)
Austringer (7)

I'm going to put 2 traps right next to all but the 2 center spots for idols

• Haha 6

*wanders in, realizes half the stompybots were Arcanist versatiles, wanders out again, glumly*

I took the warden across the picket line, but that’s about all. Needed the Ruthless into Ressers. (Though I wasn’t totally down on trying to play GuildHoff—I just wanted to put freshly decorated Arcanist bases on the table.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gnomezilla said:

*wanders in, realizes half the stompybots were Arcanist versatiles, wanders out again, glumly*

I took the warden across the picket line, but that’s about all. Needed the Ruthless into Ressers. (Though I wasn’t totally down on trying to play GuildHoff—I just wanted to put freshly decorated Arcanist bases on the table.)

The problem is the 2 best models in the ArcHoff crew  are those versatiles.

18 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

The problem is the 2 best models in the ArcHoff crew  are those versatiles.

Not in this case. Von Schtook equals stuns. But the correct choice would also have been Arcanist, so what’s it matter to us here. (Alright. Maybe possibly the pale rider, but then the AP deficit would definitely have been untenable.)

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Considering this into corner Cursed idols tonight.  Won't do it if my opponent declares Ulix, because pigs kill traps too easily. - 

Cornelius Basse
Bernadette Basse
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Sonnia Criid (16)
Paul Crockett (6)
Austringer (7)

It worked really well!  I'm not sure that is because of the traps, but I think there was a psychological effect.  Really I think I would have been better off putting them all in the choke points.  As it was my opponent bunched up too much and Sonia landed a few opportune severes that if they didn't win me the game, demoralized my opponent enough to put it in my hands.  At the bottom of 4 opponent only had brin left, though he did have so many pass tokens that he probably could have put the marker out of my reach.  I assassinated mah with Sonia and basse, and traps doing the last bits of damage.  Probably should not have taken that and deliver the message.

Edit: one correction- I didn't actually take that list.  I took out crockett for a Pathfinder, getting all my traps extra walks was nice, even if I only used half of them.

10 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Cornelius Basse
Bernadette Basse
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Clockwork Trap (2)
Sonnia Criid (16)
Paul Crockett (6)
Austringer (7)

Wonder how this would go in Reckoning?

8 hours ago, Maladroit said:

Wonder how this would go in Reckoning?

Honestly I would need to see a board and enemy crew design that I thought it worked with.  Big forests to camp in, terrain that was likely to funnel, and an enemy without great options to get through.    Anything like that would force the opponent to bunch up.  

It was my opponents first game with mah as well as his first facing anything I put down.  I don't think I would consider it a reliable option.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Because my friends are starting to call the pale rider the crutch rider and because my opponent is running misaki and I want something that can scare her into not burying.

How does the Emissary mess with Misaki's bury shenanigans? All I'm seeing is the not built-in trigger on Into the Cage. And "boohoo, 1 damage" is all I can say about that.

But Emissary has been one of the more problematic Guild models when I've played Misaki. Well positioned Crowd Control really messes up with how I like to play her. Armour is tough for Last Blossom.

16 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

How does the Emissary mess with Misaki's bury shenanigans? All I'm seeing is the not built-in trigger on Into the Cage. And "boohoo, 1 damage" is all I can say about that.

But Emissary has been one of the more problematic Guild models when I've played Misaki. Well positioned Crowd Control really messes up with how I like to play her. Armour is tough for Last Blossom.

I hadn't used it since the beta but I had assumed he could still attack buried models.   Either it changed or I made it up, not sure which.

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I hadn't used it since the beta but I had assumed he could still attack buried models.   Either it changed or I made it up, not sure which.

It changed after a particular game vs. Tara, I think it was, because the idea of a master being unplayable into an entire faction was unfathomable...Pardon the cracking noises, that’s just me rolling my eyes so hard the tendons are popping.

Yeah, I feel that with DMs not being the bury machines they are, it shouldn't have been a huge deal but ultimately I'm okay with it... Cuz now we have another model who dicks with undead things :)

you know who I'm talking about :)

Also, does Aieonius (dunno who to spell it lol) still just massacre buried things?

5 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

It changed after a particular game vs. Tara, I think it was, because the idea of a master being unplayable into an entire faction was unfathomable...Pardon the cracking noises, that’s just me rolling my eyes so hard the tendons are popping.

Glad it's not just me that had that reaction.

I ended up sticking the pale rider back in, which was a great option for if I want to lose friends.  We called it after the first again of turn 3, which was the rider pulsing onto 2 torokage, a thunder archer, Shang and a tanuki.   It killed at least 2 of them, and the rest were in such bad shape that only misaki, who was buried, was really any further threat at this point.  The peacekeeper and Joss had killed the emissary and an archer already, and I hadn't lost any models, so we called it.

I don’t mind the general principle (gods know I hated being unable to send stompybots into Outcasts with any confidence) but thinking it was achievable this edition was a mistake. Ah well. Crowd Control that’s very difficult to remove isn’t the worst consolation prize. Also great for picking on aforementioned Outcasts.