[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

The automaton works best with living models, and Ryle... 😭 I see that it’s wanted to pull him out of melee, but a Hoffball should have plenty of other augmented around to push him out of melee regardless.

Against nephilim I have quite given up on cheap models. They are quick enough that a model can’t hide, and bring enough ping damage that the wound penalty of being augmented is a major vulnerability. On the other hand, the nephilim dislike dealing with hazardous terrain—flight doesn’t make them immune, and terrain damage doesn’t splash black blood—so throwing Vent Steam both frustrates Lilith’s hostile tangle shadows and whittles down nephilim wounds (you might see blood for blood not happen when it costs the caster 1+1 wounds to deal only 1 damage). The 2” reach and stun triggers of the guardian has also been welcome. If Lilith does that blasted hazardous terrain thing back at you, just pick her up and Toss her away—bonus points if she collides with one of her crew enroute.

Performers rely on Distracted: augmented have power tokens. ;)

No experience with Daw yet.

• Thanks 1

Sooo here is my Frontier list for the last game against a Perdita crew

• Cornelius Basse + LLC upgrade (2ss)
  • Bernadette Basse
  • Reichart (10)
  • 2 Austringers (14)
  • 1 Pathfinder (6)
  • 2 clockwork traps (4)
  • 2 Frontiermen (10)

I was facing

• Perdita Ortega + No prisoner upgrade (2ss)
  • Enslaved nephilim
  • Francisco Ortega (9)
  • Guild Steward (6)
  • Nino Ortega (7)
  • Santiago Ortega (8)
  • Abuela Ortega (5)
  • Papa Loco (7)

Strategy : Plant explosives
Schemes : I chose Outflank and Search the Ruins, my opponent went for Vendetta and Harness the Ley Lines.

A horrible positioning mistake by me, made me lose Cornelius at the start of Turn 2.
But, by then, my Austringers already killed Nino and Abuela (Nino was the chosen miniature to score Vendetta, by the way).

On the left side, my Pathfinder managed to put down one Explosive and a couple of  Scheme Marker for Search the Ruins, while Perdita advanced toward the center to block Reichart (dead by turn 4). With him, there was a Frontierman, 1-shot by Santiago at the end of Turn 2. Pathfinder's traps managed however to block Santiago in the middle, making impossible for him to advance further.

On the right side, the Austringers dropped an Explosive marker behind a building and pinned down Francisco for a while, before getting killed eventually, releasing this way their Raptors that kept busy both Francisco and Perdita . By turn 4, all Raptors were dead, but my opponent didn't manage to advance an inch.
The Frontierman reached the enemy backline, dropping another Scheme Marker to score Search the Ruins, at the end of Turn 5.
In the end, I only managed to get 2 VP for Explosives, 2 VP for Search the Ruins, and 1 for Outflank, while my opponent scored 3 for Explosives and 1 for Harness the Ley Lines.

This Frontier list is not bad at all, lot of guerrilla-like tactics and I took advantage of my superior numbers to reach the backlines while Perdita and the Family were too busy dealing with Austringers and Reichart. 
Bernadette was just "meh"...all she did was landing a "Bring it" on Papa Loco at Turn 3 to push him into Reichart's bladed arm, before getting killed by his demise ability. Probably that was stupid by me, even because she had 1 explosive on her and I kinda forgot the Papa Loco ablity to blow away people around him after getting killed

Sorry for the short and inaccurate battle report :)

• Like 1

Going to try this for my next game

Hoffman

Mechanical Attendant

Ryle

Judge

Peacekeeper

Hunter

Watcher

Medical Automation

Hopefully I will have the time to test it soon. I am not convinced it will be good, but the card draw, focus, and power tokens will at least make for a scary Ryle.

• Like 2

I'm taking this crew again tonight. 

Sonnia

Purifying Flame

Sameal Hopkins

Wichling Handler

1 x Thralls

2 x Stalkers

Peacekeeper

6 SS cache

Last time i took it i pasted the Vin Schill crew across the board, but i feel i didn't really get to see what else it could do.

Strat is Turf War, schemes are Breakthrough, Take Prisoners, Powr Ritual,  Assassinate, and Deliver a Message. I reckon Prisoner and Assassinate will be easiest to score, but i dont know who I'm facing yet.

My plan is to guard the centre with Sonnia and the PK and guard my two quarters and pick on one of my opponants to mess with. But we'll see how well that goes.

What do you think? I bought a new crew and this is what i have to play with:

Soul Stone Cache: 4
[Masters]
 - Perdita Ortega, Leader
   + No Prisoners
[Henchmen]
 - Francisco Ortega
[Enforcers]
 - Enslaved Nephilim
 - Brutal Effigy
   + Effigy Of Fate
 - Nino Ortega
 - Santiago Ortega
   + Lead-Lined Coat
 - Papa Loco
 - Abuela Ortega

I have Augmented and in few weeks the Frontiers. And i have the Lone Marshall (i'm gonna use as Pale Rider for the moment).

Any advice?

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

List for tonight-

Perdita LLC, pale rider, nino, 2x pistoleros, 2x monster hunters with no prisoners, Stewie, neph

Playing against hoff but my opponent only has an hour to play so oh well, figured I'd throw some shit at the table, see what sticks.

Just as a general game-speed note for Hoffman, plonk down a power token on every model at start of game, and modify as needed during Hoffman’s activation. Why this is quicker than the turn 1 dispersal I don’t know, but it is.

Also, you’re reflipping if it’s corner deployment, yes?

3 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Just as a general game-speed note for Hoffman, plonk down a power token on every model at start of game, and modify as needed during Hoffman’s activation. Why this is quicker than the turn 1 dispersal I don’t know, but it is.

Also, you’re reflipping if it’s corner deployment, yes?

Standard deployment cursed object.

21 hours ago, Mikes said:

I'm taking this crew again tonight. 

Sonnia

Purifying Flame

Sameal Hopkins

Wichling Handler

1 x Thralls

2 x Stalkers

Peacekeeper

6 SS cache

Last time i took it i pasted the Vin Schill crew across the board, but i feel i didn't really get to see what else it could do.

Strat is Turf War, schemes are Breakthrough, Take Prisoners, Powr Ritual,  Assassinate, and Deliver a Message. I reckon Prisoner and Assassinate will be easiest to score, but i dont know who I'm facing yet.

My plan is to guard the centre with Sonnia and the PK and guard my two quarters and pick on one of my opponants to mess with. But we'll see how well that goes.

OK, back.

I ended up facing a Nellie crew, featuring:

The Press

Alison

Phiona (with llc)

Pale Rider (with llc)

Two field reporters

Took Take Prisoner and Assassinate, my opponent took breakthrough and   Power Ritua IIRC.

It ended up going to he end of t5 and a 5-4 loss to me. What swung it was me working off the Rider being the old rules, and I didn't realise it could power up so much quicker now, and on T3 it ran right into the middle of my crew and exploded it's trigger, given Sonnia, Samael, the Peacekeepr, the Thrall and a Stalker Slow, burning 1 and taking two irreducible damage. 

Even so, I could have swung it back by using the Stalker's remove condition on Sonnia to last nellie, but I took a work hone call which gave me some nasty news, so I was distrcted (in RL) and missed my own set up, letting the Stalker die when I could have cheated to save him. Because of that Sonnia took an extra turn to kill Nellie and the printing press, which meant I couldn't score Prisoner off the Rider as the Press was just within 4", and I had to kill the rider before it could do its blast again, which in turn mean Sameal was still in melee with the Press so he couldn't move and flip a start marker.

Stupid phone call.

Anyway, still a fun game. At the end of t5 my opponent only had two reporters left ont he table, and one of those was going to die from burning. I'm getting good at murdering with sonnia, I just have to get the scheming down. 

MVP of the game went to the Purifying Flame, which managed to pin Alison down all game and eventually killed her on his own. The Little Burning Skeleton that Could.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

That perdita list played two games tonight and crushed in both.  Both players were newer but holy hell I underestimated the damage all that focus and mod 4 damage could do.

How did the Monster Hunters do? Ive wanted to do the Run/Gun upgrade on them for some time but havent jumped on it

2 hours ago, NickDub said:

How did the Monster Hunters do? Ive wanted to do the Run/Gun upgrade on them for some time but havent jumped on it

They caused a ton of damage, and helpee score me hold up their forces in one game and vendetta in the other.   I still let myself get suckered until a few grenades when I probably should have used creep to pull them back, but they really benefit from being low points for getting a por el actions.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

They caused a ton of damage, and helpee score me hold up their forces in one game and vendetta in the other.   I still let myself get suckered until a few grenades when I probably should have used creep to pull them back, but they really benefit from being low points for getting a por el actions.

The upgrade was really useful for them ? They already have a good :ToS-Fast:. 2 points for run and gun on this model seems expensive.

4 hours ago, le_wahou said:

The upgrade was really useful for them ? They already have a good :ToS-Fast:. 2 points for run and gun on this model seems expensive.

I struggle with the same thing.  They are really well kitted for run and gun.  Extra actions from a por el, and focus from both their card and family values makes them absolute terrors.  So the can push up, focus, charge to shoot, then back off with creep, then let the other one either push/focus or charge/shoot.  It's a world of action efficiency.

But 8 points for something so fragile is a ton.  More experienced players will recognize that they need to die.

I was also fighting a lot of sz 3 models, which helps.

Played this today:

Hoffman +Attendant

Joss +LLC

Howard +LLC

Ryle

2x Watcher

Toolkit

Into:

Nellie + Press

Dashel + Dispatcher

Jury+LLC

False Witness

Pale Rider

Won the game around 5:2 mostly because construct don't die and Joss two-shot the Pale Rider.

• Like 2

Play this quite regularly

Lucius

Scribe

Jury

2 death marshal recruiters 

Doppelganger

Agent 46

Brutal effigy.

Basically mimic the box attack to use stat 6/7 vs size to force burying a model and order the recruiters to attack the buried models. The jury does damage on activation and has an obey that she can use to get more from the recruiters.

• Like 2

I got a match Perdita VS Von Schill on Standard deployment / Turf War / Hold Up Their Forces - Vendetta -Dig Their Graves - Claim Jump - Harness the Ley Line

My team was :

Perdita - 4 SS

Nephilim

Rider

Santiago + LLC

Papa Loco

Nino + expert marksman

Abeula

Effigy

Victory 5/3 for Perdia. 3/2 on strat, 2/1 on vendetta, other schemes faileds

Thoughts :

_ the expert marksman on nino seemed a good idea vs Von Schill, but I used the armour piercing trigger only once. Otherwise, it was family value. This upgrade was not useful.

_ The rider is really worth 11 points. Even thought it was decisive in its actions on last turn, it forced my opponent to take costly decisions

_ I always thought that the effigy upgrade was a bad idea. The emissary on turn 3 seems really late, and the effigy gets a big target on his head on previous turns. With a rider, the opponent gets too many hjigh value targets and the effigy may survive long enough  to change in emissary./ I will try this in another game

_ I do not know how I would play family against an agressive and fast moving team like Victorias. I will have to try a match up like this one.

I really like the family in this M3E !

Had two 3 round tournaments this weekend.

Finish 1/8 and 5/10

Played 4 Hoffman games, 1 Lucius and 1 Hoffman.

Hoffman lists were all variations of:

Hoffman
Attendant
Toolkit
Joss + LLC
Howard + LLC
Ryle
Watcher
Watcher

The crew is super tough to take down. I won 3 games and lost 1 2:3 to Tara due to some poor flips. I basically lost only watchers + attendant/toolkit.

I had a reckoning game vs Shenlong with Lucius:
Lucius
Scribe
2x Changeling
Agent + LLC
Doppelganger
Executionier + LLC
Pathfinder

The amount of Executioner Claw attacks is super high and you can also make a bunch of ranged slows.

The Nellie game I had versus Kirai was Plant Explosives and it was tied (I probably had a chance of winning)

Nellie
Press
Judge + LLC
Steward
Pale Rider + LLC
Jury
Effigy + Upgrade

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trikk said:

Had two 3 round tournaments this weekend.

Finish 1/8 and 5/10

Played 4 Hoffman games, 1 Lucius and 1 Hoffman.

Hoffman lists were all variations of:

Hoffman
Attendant
Toolkit
Joss + LLC
Howard + LLC
Ryle
Watcher
Watcher

The crew is super tough to take down. I won 3 games and lost 1 2:3 to Tara due to some poor flips. I basically lost only watchers + attendant/toolkit.

I had a reckoning game vs Shenlong with Lucius:
Lucius
Scribe
2x Changeling
Agent + LLC
Doppelganger
Executionier + LLC
Pathfinder

The amount of Executioner Claw attacks is super high and you can also make a bunch of ranged slows.

The Nellie game I had versus Kirai was Plant Explosives and it was tied (I probably had a chance of winning)

Nellie
Press
Judge + LLC
Steward
Pale Rider + LLC
Jury
Effigy + Upgrade

I'm shocked they allowed dmh in a tourney.