The Other Side FAQ/Errata and Tournament Docs - January 2019

Kyle

TOS.png

Hey Wyrdos,

The Other Side's first FAQ and Errata document is now available.

You can find the files either in this thread below or on our website

The focus with this document was not to buff or nerf (though some adjustments were made), but rather to add further clarification to some confusing or unclear wording. Errata cards and rulebook will be available on our website (for free!) very soon. 

In addition, we also released The Other Side's Tournament document, which is available below or on our website.

If you're looking for a competitive experience in The Other Side, then look no further! It's time to see if you've got what it takes to either take over London or protect it.

Lastly, you also can find the slight adjustments we made to the Tides of Battle 1.1 document (specifically the Garrison system) below or on our website

Fields_of_Glory_v1.0.pdf

TheOtherSide_FAQ-Errata_January2019.pdf

Tides-of-Battle_v1.1.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

For the purposes of those documents, are the PDF cards on the website considered errata and/or printed cards?

I ask because of this Core Rules errata:

Pg. 235: Add the Writhing Coils Asset Card.

and the reference in the documents concerning cards in books vs. printed cards.

Don`t like the ruling at all that you can do a coordinated strike on the first activation of the game - that took a lot of forced decisions away frm the attacker, going first just got a lot better and lost every disadvantage....

Hope we don`t drift into the territory where the player who`s going first has just a higher chance of winning.

Also it seems to directly contradict the Rules as written in the GRB, but it`s an Errata so....

31 minutes ago, Tris said:

Don`t like the ruling at all that you can do a coordinated strike on the first activation of the game - that took a lot of forced decisions away frm the attacker, going first just got a lot better and lost every disadvantage....

Hope we don`t drift into the territory where the player who`s going first has just a higher chance of winning.

Also it seems to directly contradict the Rules as written in the GRB, but it`s an Errata so....

In what way is it a contradiction or too strong?

I'd assume just because a Coordinated Strike with the right units can seriously do damage if not outright kill a Fireteam before they've ever activated. It's mostly a cult trick, although I've learned it's best to just deploy further back against cult and bait them in.

21 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

In what way is it a contradiction or too strong?

Because it says "if you've only activated one unit since your opponents last activation...." but your opponent did not activate a unit at all.

Also I might got carried away up there but I think the attacker being able to activate two units in succession to bring them in scoring position / kill an enemy unit is a big advantage for alpha strike strategies.

People are saying you might have to deploy further back but then you are giving them full control over the table.

I liked that the attacker had first turn but could only activate one unit on game start, it looked like a clever balancing factor to going first which I saw and still see as an advantage in like 99% of all games I've ever played.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:58 AM, Tris said:

Because it says "if you've only activated one unit since your opponents last activation...." but your opponent did not activate a unit at all.

Also I might got carried away up there but I think the attacker being able to activate two units in succession to bring them in scoring position / kill an enemy unit is a big advantage for alpha strike strategies.

People are saying you might have to deploy further back but then you are giving them full control over the table.

I liked that the attacker had first turn but could only activate one unit on game start, it looked like a clever balancing factor to going first which I saw and still see as an advantage in like 99% of all games I've ever played.

In the games we played we don't really like Coordinated Strike as a rule. Especially with the free Commander combo.

On 2/3/2019 at 4:58 AM, Tris said:

So, for the record:

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/142489-coordinated-strike/

as far as the difference of opinion concerning the semantics.