Barbaros looking forward

DonCheadle

I'm having this same doubt. I was looking to buy the Lilith box just for Barbaros (I really want him in my Titania crew). Now I think I'll wait for M3E to pick the nephlims, maybe there will be a new henchmen that goes with Nekima (I like her a lot and I'll pick his box in M3E for sure). Is the alternate Barbaros available on the special dates? That miniature is gorgeous and I want to paint it even if his future could be with the outcasts. 

Yeah, where he's going (if he's going at all) is definitely unclear as of yet. (I presume M3E testers will know - part of the reason I didn't sign the beta actually, I wanted to blabber about possible changes). 

At the very least we'll need some sort of explanation in the lore I feel. Maybe he gets killed and necromancered' by Titania or Hayreddin? 

Is there a competition to piss off neverborn players or something? :D Why can't he stay nvb and just yield to Nekima? I think he has enough traction with the nephilim for Nekima to want his support controlling them and I'm sure they can find common ground on the whole Ours! issue. I believe that historically a lot of the influential lieutenants managed to stay in their position of power even when the head of a country/organisation was changed.

Even if he and Nekima are at war in the stories he could still stay neverborn just like Nekima in m2e.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Is there a competition to piss off neverborn players or something? :D Why can't he stay nvb and just yield to Nekima? I think he has enough traction with the nephilim for Nekima to want his support controlling them and I'm sure they can find common ground on the whole Ours! issue. I believe that historically a lot of the influential lieutenants managed to stay in their position of power even when the head of a country/organisation was changed.

Even if he and Nekima are at war in the stories he could still stay neverborn just like Nekima in m2e.

It will be great if he continues to belong to the Neverborn! Until today that was only fate I was wishing for him. But now I'm imagining how cool would be Barbaros with a sombrero and I'm having mixed feelings about his destiny...

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Barbaros was more like a right-hand man than just a lieutenant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

Barbaros was more like a right-hand man than just a lieutenant.

Fair enough. I guess he could go into exile. I wonder if they'll bring back thematic animosty so you can't hire anyone with any master like it used to be. Lazarus even stayed true through m2e.

Well he could return to the guild as an upgraded enslaved nephlim, resser in an attempt to raise Lilith, arcanist to release her from the magic prison, neverborn ready to take over the nephlim when nekima dies, outcast in a buddy move with bishop, bayou whilst he is on the run or tt for some random reason. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 3:12 AM, Sc4rpelli said:

It will be great if he continues to belong to the Neverborn! Until today that was only fate I was wishing for him. But now I'm imagining how cool would be Barbaros with a sombrero and I'm having mixed feelings about his destiny...

Perdita:  "If anyone asks, your name is Benito."

Barbaros:  "Shrieeeeek!"

Perdita:  "We'll work on that, yeah?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 9/2/2018 at 9:15 PM, Ludvig said:

That seems pretty out there. I thought they were trying to makecrews cohesive and thematic. I would excpect him to stay nephilim just like Nekima andLilith were mortal enemies but had no trouble being in the same list through all of m2e.

Yeh but no player with any integrity ever ran them together. . . .

(drums fingers on table and waits)