Franchute

Monthly Painting Challenge - July

Hello, don't know what I'll be painting but I will do something. I'm back in th UK for another week, when I get back to Spain I'll do..... something.

10 hours ago, wobbly_goggy said:

Hello, don't know what I'll be painting but I will do something. I'm back in th UK for another week, when I get back to Spain I'll do..... something.

Getting drunk? 😂

11 hours ago, Viruk said:

Well, not entirely as the little one spent another week at the hospital with stomach problems. But things are looking up, thanks for kind words

I hope Little Viruk gets well soon! And then I can hire Little Viruk to steal your hands and send them to me, really love those models! The Grootslang conversion is fantastic, and this way you get to use the two models even Marcus struggles to fit in his crew! 

• Thanks 1

The summer is flying by. I missed painting for June, which was my second mulligan. With July nearly half over, here is my pledge for my month to not get the boot from the party.

Marlena Webster - 8 SS
Serena Bowman - 7 SS
Desperate Mercenary - 3 SS

small.1360051006_julypledge.JPG.cdb712bb

• Like 1

Finished the Autumn Knights which combined with the 2 Will o'Wisps I finished previously brings me to 27ss this month. Also finished my Femme Fatale entry but those pics and points will have to wait. With some travel coming up this may be all of my hobby progress for the month but hopefully I can get at least a little time in.

IMG_20180715_113040090_2.jpg

IMG_20180715_113524198_2.jpg

IMG_20180715_120129419_2.jpg

IMG_20180715_120159214_2.jpg

IMG_20180715_114537319_2.jpg

IMG_20180715_114808019_2.jpg

• Like 1

So I’m off on holiday in a week and need to do so much tidying, packing, etc before I go. So, calling it done for the month

The Sow (8)

04_A3_D117_80_AA_4_D81_98_E6_2010_FDB6_A

02438907_189_B_409_F_883_F_9_E7449588_FB

A wild boar (5)

18_B42328_2_EC7_4_D9_B_AAEB_405_C88_D64_

Burt and Fingers (18)

B3_BDF735_C4_FA_4997_A180_2068116_CCC05.

Total of 31 points from a planned 35 and half the models I had planned to do this month have actually been done.

• Like 2

Time for a quick update!

Well, after a successful (I think) prototype Guild Guard, rather than finishing painting the remaining eight of them, I instead decided that it was time to finish my gamin. Obviously. Then I decided that rather than properly finishing my gamin, I should finish my Ice Golem. So then I needed to make some Ice Pillars. And then, before I could base them, I needed to build a few other things that would need a similar airbrush base coat.

So, in short, I have finished one Guild Guard (I was quite pleased with the coat, and the subdued colour scheme), I've nearly finished my gamin, closing in on the Ice Golem, haven't touched my Arcane Effigy, and I added a dozen more models in built and undercoated form!

WduqfLk.jpg

Fqhwxsi.jpg

cbXXJwg.jpg

9DGY31I.jpg

sk8UCPM.jpg

Clearly, I have a problem.

See you at the end of the month!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Caedrus said:

Clearly, I have a problem.

The Magpie Syndrome is real. On the plus side your models are looking great. Looking forward to the finished versions.

• Like 1

Hi there.

My painting room is still occupied since half June cos I'm hosting my aunt in holiday. So I think I'm out of the challenge :( I hope I restart painting something in august or september.

5 hours ago, Piccio said:

Hi there.

My painting room is still occupied since half June cos I'm hosting my aunt in holiday. So I think I'm out of the challenge :( I hope I restart painting something in august or september.

Is your aunt conscious of all the art destruction she is causing? I'll miss your painting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Franchute said:
5 hours ago, Piccio said:

Hi there.

Is your aunt conscious of all the art destruction she is causing? I'll miss your painting.

@Piccio is not strongh enought. He must convert the aunt to ouor noble art! :Puppy:

• Like 1

Hello,

Updating the status of my monthly pledge:

IMG_20180718_150043.jpg

After many attempts and more bases primed, I succeeded fixing the two "black bloods" to their bases.

IMG_20180718_145847.jpg

The "Energy Worm" is done. Till have to refine with black paint the base lips. Met some troubles with Vallejo Still Water: got a tendency to become opaque.

IMG_20180718_153336.jpg

Worked with putty and primed the Rail Golem.

I completed and uploaded the pic of my "Femme Fatale" model for the relative contest. As you know cannot comment as regard.... but I'll do that and upload pics here ASAP.

Who says Malifaux is too fine for an airbrush?
So, yesterday, I had the opportunity to have a play with the airbrush. It must be noted that I am very, very much an airbrush amateur. I would have used an airbrush for, honestly, about 4 hours in total before yesterday. I was using an Iwata Revolution CR airbrush, and a repackaged ALDI compressor, and using Reaper Paints (which are not natively airbrush friendly) in an approximately 8:1 ratio with Tamiya Airbrush Thinner.

I learned that it'd be near-impossible to use an airbrush for an entire Malifaux miniature (unless it was something that was both huge and essentially one colour - looking at you, Ice Golem!), but if you have something that is mostly fabric, or mostly one colour (Hoarcats!), then you can definitely save a lot of time by using an airbrush for the basecoating. In a few hours, I managed base colours on eight Mindless Zombies, a Flesh Construct, a Desolation Engine, three Punk Zombies, eight Guild Guard, three Guild Riflemen, one Pathfinder, three December Acolytes, three Hoarcats, one Ice Golem (yep, I started again!), two Effigies and a Guild Autopsy.

After doing some basecoats (always starting ultra-dark), I worked up the courage to try a few highlighting layers. I grabbed a quick snap as I worked my way through a Rifleman. In sequence:

j3JBCwU.jpg

I was super-pleased with the final results. If, like me, you're better at buying miniatures than getting around to painting them, this might help!

Caedrus, over and out.

• Like 1