Ours and Gremlins

daniello_s

Which masters would you recommend for this strategy?

I was thinking about Zipp (because he can re-position himself easily and throw enemy models away), Mah (because of the pushes and beating playstyle which can be handy to remove enemy models from my quarters), Somer/Ulix (i know summoned models doesn't count for strategy but they can build their numbers sending summoned models to do dirty work when hired ones stay in safe position controlling quarters).

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I really like Mah for ours because she can use all her AP to push other models into/out of position. Bushwhackers also are great for pushing at the start of each turn with manifest destiny. Trixiebelle also comes into most of my Mah lists for chores and her gremlin lure works well for pushing enemies into the center of the board. Brewmaster is also someone I'd like to try in ours since he can hold models in the Center or in one corner while the rest of his crew scores points.

13 hours ago, green-n-dumb said:

Brewmaster with couple of Tanuki?

Here was the topic about "dirty" combo "Tanukipult":

Exactly where I was going to go with this. I haven't tried it yet, but Brewmaster with a healthy serving of Tanuki could be pretty annoying at this, even without the Pigapult.

The more Tanuki that get together, it seems, the more they strengthen their own "Bottles Everywhere" Ability, which - in tandem with "Take A Little Nap", could see them poisoning each other up pretty rapidly. Which then could feed "Magic Elixir" for healing & reactivating.

It's hard to picture how it might all work - or whether it would work - but I reckon it's worth a go. Especially with a Performer to use those Scheme Markers and expunge that Poison...

Mah, Zipp, and Zoraida would be my picks. They all have amazing repositioning abilities and those are at a premium in Ours.

That said, I don't think that any of our Masters would be actually a bad pick as such. Ophelia is also good at moving around her own peeps and shooting enemies for lots of damage is often as good way of stopping them from scoring as Pushing them around. And Somer and Ulix have access to disposable bodies for doing dirty work as daniello remarked. And Wong's Swinecursed are really good for the Strat since they are mobile and very killy and 7SS is a good price point. And I do like the idea of using Tanuki with Brewmaster.

But aside from Masters, what other models do people like using for Ours? Any specific picks aside from the ones already mentioned (Tanuki and Bushwhackers)?

Swine Cursed are great in Ours. Fast, self-healing heavy hitters. Even outside Wong's crew.

Anything with Reckless as these models can be held nearby border line between two quarters and relocate quickly where necessary.

Emissary with his push.

Golem with high Wk and Nimble.

Iron Skeeter and Burt/Taxidermist for quick redeployment and kill of the enemy model

On 4/6/2018 at 3:10 PM, green-n-dumb said:

Here was the topic about "dirty" combo "Tanukipult":

I did this combo twice this weekend, One was Symbols [Set Up, and Public Demo] the other was Ours [Set Up, Public Demo]
In the Ours game, the Tanuki denied my opponents corner by throwing 20 points of Tanuki in there and getting me a Solid 7 Points Turn 2
In the Symbols game, Tanuki tied up McMourning and Autopsies while Burt wrecked a Symbol

Im loving this combo, Tanuki Numba One!

One thought I had about Ours and GG18 is that since it favours elite crews and  tough models, debuffing is more efficient than before. If the enemy crew is only six models, Brewmaster can Swill half of them in a round. Things like Paralyze are also very powerful and Zoraida's card drawing curse is also good when the opponent tends to have models with lots of AP.

Any especially juicy debuff options that come to mind?

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

One thought I had about Ours and GG18 is that since it favours elite crews and  tough models, debuffing is more efficient than before. If the enemy crew is only six models, Brewmaster can Swill half of them in a round. Things like Paralyze are also very powerful and Zoraida's card drawing curse is also good when the opponent tends to have models with lots of AP.

Any especially juicy debuff options that come to mind?

Sammy to limit Wk abilities for enemy models.

Trixie with Gremlin Lure and Slow trigger (very nasty).

Zoraida's Doll when summoned gets Slow, then you Hem enemy model and Emissary can Paralyze Doll and Hemmed model. 

Nurse with Zoraida is still good option for Paraylze and Paralyze-like condition (Ml only for a turn when you are not engaged is like Paralyze to enemy model).

14 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Trixie with Gremlin Lure and Slow trigger (very nasty

This! There's always one enemy miniature with relatively low wp. You just need to keep 1 card or maybe 1card+ss to shut that model down for one turn, especially if he has already activated( just put it over the line between 2 quarters or in the center bubble). If you do that to 2 models every turn, it will win you the game

• 1 month later...

I have only Somer and Zipp, i don't like much Zoraida as grem. and unfortunately i don't have swine cursed, or whiskey golem. A few nights ago, i've played ours with,

corner, gurded treasure, cover breakthrough, undercover entorurage, show of force, public demons and i lost.

i chose to use this list:

Zipp 4ss rambling, gift of the gab, disty cheater

Earl

Mctavish

Lucky Emissary showboating conf.

Gracie Saddle

Burt Jeb. dirty cheater

Survivor

i meant to ask your opinion about this list, how would you've played with these schemes and in ours, i've chosed guarded treasure and undercover (on zipp)Would you choose the same schemes or no? What models?

i've thought, that maybe have chosen undercover it was an error because deployment in corner so it was difficult in second turn bring one of these enforcer near centerline at 8" from another piece.

Battlegroud was for half blocked by impassable terrains.

I think that Guarded Treasure is a really difficult Scheme and would've opted for something else most likely. It limits the positioning of your most potent models and that is a huge hurdle. You also have very limited amount of extra AP to use in dropping Scheme markers around. I would've been tempted to take, e.g., Merris and another Survivor and tried for a Breakthrough.

It's a difficult pool, though, I think.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1