January 2018 Errata

Lucidicide

It also lost the clause to ignore damage reduction, so Armor is now a counterplay to it.

I don't think the Rider change is unbalancing. Their reduction and damage tracks still take a bit to spin up, and you can use stuff like blasts and other non-targeting effects (Misery auras) to go to work on them.

21 minutes ago, Tris said:

They did get cheaper models this time too, whiskey and mancha for 9 doesn't seem that bad for example?

Golem and Mancha are still more expensive than Burt and Franc and won't even stand their competition (still). Their cards would need to be re-writted to get a chance to see them on the table. To be honest same would apply to other models which got cost reduction (except Porkchop - now it is ok choice. For Ulix only but ok ;)). Pigapult, Stuffed Piglets, Emissary and Lenny were missed in this erratfor some reason. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daniello_s said:

Golem and Mancha are still more expensive than Burt and Franc and won't even stand their competition (still). Their cards would need to be re-writted to get a chance to see them on the table. To be honest same would apply to other models which got cost reduction (except Porkchop - now it is ok choice. For Ulix only but ok ;)). Pigapult, Stuffed Piglets, Emissary and Lenny were missed in this erratfor some reason. 

I honestly think Golem isn`t far from Burt now. The 3SS difference became 1SS difference which means the Golem is pretty viable IMHO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, daniello_s said:

It brings them closer together and one might consider them if you want to trade some damage (in Burts case not even that much) for more survivability (and potentially additional crew synergy, reactivating golem for example)

• Like 1

Just now, -Loki- said:

Stuffed Piglets got their errata 6 months ago.

they did. but because they were cheap activations.

Pigapult with stuffed piglets got nerfed hard by collateral damage so it would have been nice to get some love for this synergy. now stuffed piglets are just too expensive as ammo.

Not to mention that gg2018 made out activation less powerfull than before so

Just now, Tris said:

It brings them closer together and one might consider them if you want to trade some damage (in Burts case not even that much) for more survivability (and potentially additional crew synergy, reactivating golem for example)

Really? Even with the same cost (let's say 8ss for each) I will always choose Burt/Franc over Mancha/Golem. They simply outclass them especially when you add to this equation taxi delivey service (Iron Skeeter).

2 minutes ago, Aegnor said:

Pigapult with stuffed piglets got nerfed hard by collateral damage so it would have been nice to get some love for this synergy. now stuffed piglets are just too expensive as ammo.

Hear, hear!

4 minutes ago, Aegnor said:

Pigapult is so unfun to play against I don`t really miss it. You take it to lob Gremlins now.

2SS activations shouldn`t exist in a non-master specific form and with a higher count than 2

As for Burt and Francois - with a Skeeter the cost now is 14SS. The Golem is 9 and has Wk6. I don`t know if thats such a huge deal. Francois still can blow enforcers up but he`s not such a great deal and I don`t think its such a good trade versus experienced players.

Just now, daniello_s said:

Really? Even with the same cost (let's say 8ss for each) I will always choose Burt/Franc over Mancha/Golem. They simply outclass them especially when you add to this equation taxi delivey service (Iron Skeeter).

And if you don`t want a Skeeter?

Don`t want to start a suicide commando into the enemy lines?

Burt + Skeeter is 14, same cost as Golem + Tanuki now, you get fast Burt vs reactivating Golem, Golem also has min 3 (can`t get higher, agreed) and has armor.

Not so bad and at least worth a consideration in the new Supply Wagons for example.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trikk said:

Pigapult is so unfun to play against I don`t really miss it. You take it to lob Gremlins now.

2SS activations shouldn`t exist in a non-master specific form and with a higher count than 2

I have so much fun playing shooting pigapult. maybe its because i was a warhammer battle dwarf player in my youth (6-7th edition).

You can up them as ammo with no impact on the activation. Lets have an ability on pigapult saying : if you hire this model stuffed piglets only cost 1-2ss but can't activate' and thats it.

• Like 1

As a Gremlin player i think this errata is absolutely ok. Burt, McTavish and Francois were too good for their cost. Mancha for 9ss? Great! Wild boars for 5ss? I can bring six from the shadows right in your face, and while you try to deal with 48 wounds of rage - my Ulix is running his farm. Or maybe my Som'er is turning gremlins into more gremlins... Hard choice to make ))

The same with Shinobi and Bushwhackers. They had no chance to see the table for 6ss, but now they can shine.

3 minutes ago, Aegnor said:

I have so much fun playing shooting pigapult. maybe its because i was a warhammer battle dwarf player in my youth (6-7th edition).

You can up them as ammo with no impact on the activation. Lets have an ability on pigapult saying : if you hire this model stuffed piglets only cost 1-2ss but can't activate' and thats it.

I said "against " :P

Just now, Fazza92 said:

No Nerf for decaying aura...

So again a year with Reva that ignore all reduction and block the soulstone...good game...

Reva is a strong Master but I think she`s managable most of the time. Its a bit frustrating but I don`t think its errata-material

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tris said:

And if you don`t want a Skeeter?

Don`t want to start a suicide commando into the enemy lines?

Burt + Skeeter is 14, same cost as Golem + Tanuki now, you get fast Burt vs reactivating Golem, Golem also has min 3 (can`t get higher, agreed) and has armor.

Not so bad and at least worth a consideration in the new Supply Wagons for example.

Yes, but reactivated Golem is still less manoeuvrable than 'flying' Burt/Franc who can take out a key piece of enemy crew easily anywhere on the table ignoring pretty much terrain and models who obstruct narrow corridors. And once the bomb is delivered Skeeter can go for scheme running when opponent have to deal with enemy beater among his crew first.