Learn From Teaching - What Can Sandeep Do?

retnab

Hello all!  I decided just to give everyone an idea of how sweet an upgrade Tutelage is, that I'd make a nice list of all the abilities that Sandeep can take!  Obviously some are going to be better than others (I doubt there will be many lists where he will want to use Sooey! :P), but flexibility is Sandeep's middle name so here we are!  I'll also break it down into what needs a card discard and what doesn't.

(0) Actions

• Amina Naidu
    • Mountain of Paperwork
    • Missing Forms
  • Kudra
    • Minor Illusion
    • Your Purpose is Served
  • Oxfordian Mage
    • Elemental Strike
  • Sanctioned Spellcaster
    • Singularity
  • Valedictorian / Students
    • Lecture Notes

(1) Actions

• Amina Naidu
    • Sharp Wit
    • Summons
  • Kudra
    • Elemental Bolt
  • Freikorps Librarian
    • Ancient Words
    • Healing Energy
  • Oxfordian Mage
    • Elemental Bolt
  • Sanctioned Spellcaster
    • Elemental Bolt
    • Elemental Burst

(1) Actions, discard required

• Carlos Vasquez
    • Pyrotechnic Prop
  • Cassandra
    • Breath of Fire
  • Myranda
    • Primal Flame
    • Hunting Call
  • Snow Storm
    • Icy Tornado
  • The Captain
    • Airburst
    • Wind Wall
  • The Firestarter
    • Ignition
    • BUUUURRRN!
    • Twirling With the Gas Can
  • Angelica
    • Projected Voice
  • Arcane Emissary
    • Elemental Rage
  • Arcane Effigy
    • Arcane Fury
  • Coryphee
    • Blinding
    • Dance Partner
  • Ferdinand Vogel
    • Censure
    • The Laws of Nature
  • Ice Dancer
    • Ice Path
  • Medical Automaton
    • "Fix You Right Up!"
  • Performer
    • Siren's Call
    • Seduction
  • Silent One
    • Freeze
  • Union Steamfitter
    • Weld Metal Plate
  • Electric Creation
    • Burst
  • Mannequin
    • Full of Pins
  • Aionius
    • Bony Fingers
    • Out of Time
  • Anna Lovelace
    • The Swirling Damned
  • Burt Jebsen
    • Crackerjack Timing
  • Gluttony
    • None Can Be Found
    • A Rhythm to Those Who Hunger
  • Greed
    • A Song to Die For
    • The Greed Spreads
  • Hans
    • Smile, You Son of a...
  • Johana
    • Rebel Yell
  • Lust
    • Heartbreaker
    • Now, Kiss!
  • Nurse Heartsbane
    • Hold Still, Dear
  • Pride
    • Condescending Flattery
    • This Song Is All About You
  • Sloth
    • Bored to Death
    • Lullaby
  • Sue
    • Tread the Line
  • Bayou Smuggler
    • The Swap
    • Up Sheet's Creek
  • Hog Whisperer
    • Sooey!
    • Stik'm!
  • Oiran
    • Lure
  • Prospector
    • "I've Struck Soulstone!"
    • Appraise
  • Malifaux Child
    • Misplaced Trust

Also, for the sake of completion, what does the other model get?

The perks of being Tutored

• :+fate to all Ca Actions!
  • Sandeep
    • Tutored can access The Path To Salvation Action
    • Tutored can use Beacon without LoS to Sandeep (with Unaligned Sage)
    • Tutored can draw a card when it discards once per Activation (with Unaligned Sage)
    • Tutored doesn't randomize into a combat near Sandeep (with Unaligned Sage)
  • Oxfordian Mages
    • Tutored can trigger their Resonance Ability

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Hannah has a 0 Ca action - Make a New Entry. It will need a discard to use.

She's not an academic unfortunately and it is a (0) action to make her one for the turn. Unless Sandeep gets instinctual somehow he can only use the (0) actions of academics.

I really wish Hannah was an academic though, I mean she was a head librarian on earthside, come on!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jinn said:

She's not an academic unfortunately and it is a (0) action to make her one for the turn. Unless Sandeep gets instinctual somehow he can only use the (0) actions of academics.

I really wish Hannah was an academic though, I mean she was a head librarian on earthside, come on!

DOH! I completely overlooked the limit on zeros in an activation. Is there anyway to get Sandeep a reactivate?

Hannah and Vanessa should both get the Academic tag. 

3 hours ago, retnab said:

Lol yup, although he already has a couple new spells to use with this so I think we're good on options :P 

While it's a cool ability and I see a few things that might come in hand occasionally, is there anything on that list that you can see Sandeep using frequently or wanting to badly that he brings a model primarily to use its Ca action? 

6 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

While it's a cool ability and I see a few things that might come in hand occasionally, is there anything on that list that you can see Sandeep using frequently or wanting to badly that he brings a model primarily to use its Ca action? 

I think it is relatively likely that I would use Johan's cleanse with Tutelage. But I usually try to fit Johan into a list I bring 3x Oxfordians anyway, just for the :+fate to attack flips near M&SU which also makes taking Sandeep's attack actions a little easier, so I'm not bringing him primarily for the cast but it is a nice bonus.

I'm also interested in trying out a Coryphee with Tutelage for the 14" teleport to showgirl action. It can be used with Student of All for an emergency escape which is pretty cool.

6 minutes ago, MuMantai said:

It's another form of usage, but I plan to make Howard or Joss Academic for them to be able to use The Path To Salvation :D

Yeah, that gives Langston a really scary threat range when combined with Imbued Energies. You don't even need to have a 6+:mask in hand to affect the game because your opponent will probably need to play around you having it. Path to Salvation is 6" place (and gives an extra 2" of movement for 50mm base), 10" of walking and then 8" charge threat for a maximum threat range of 24". If you use Sandeep to pull Langston up 6" you get a pretty massive range on your alpha strike.

1 hour ago, WWHSD said:

I'm dead certain that Lust will make a lot of his lists. :) Greed is a strong choice as well, and giving Amina the +'s will have people calling her pure evil, haha.

Don't forget combined with Unaligned Sage he could make it so he has a non-randomizing Lazarus, Envy, or December Acolyte which could be good too. And as mentioned above, Howard getting access to Path (although I think Joss will be the better target as he can stone the mask).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingCrow said:

How does this work?  Maybe it's because it's late at work but I don't follow how this is being done.

I don't have the cards in front of me, but I can think of one way to do it, similar to the Cassandra/Performer combo that Showgirls can do.

1) Sandeep gives a Performer Academic using his (0) action.

2) Sandeep copies the Siren Call spell from the performer and cheats/stones for a high :crow.

3) Enemy model that is close enough to Sandeep pushes towards him, ending in base contact, and is Paralyzed due to the :crowtrigger on Siren Call.

• Like 1