January 23 - Through the Breach Core

Lucidicide

I'm honestly kind of torn... recently gone hard into TTB. Got all the main books and expansions for Christmas just gone. Loving it. So to hear of a second edition this quick after getting the core books is kind of a gut punch. 

But at the same time not invalidating any of the other books is a great thing. And a very wise one. 

Just not sure how to mentally process this yet....

Nearly had a rant but seeing as it's compatible with the expansions, I'm all for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new pursuits and it's good to see some love for the pioneer. Hope that magic has had a good speaking to since that is so open to abuse in the current system (though erratas have helped). Plus you know... hard backed....

19 minutes ago, Kaiser Senpai said:

It said they were still compatable. Seems that the only books being overridden are the Fated and Fatemaster Almanacs

Based on a discussion I was just having, where Mason weighed in, I would guess this is more about bringing the core books (which he didn't write) in line with the expansion books (which he did) in philosophy and style.  Specifically we were talking about Step 0's for core pursuits, which I would put good money will be in the new book.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LordZombie said:

So Wyrd is dumping the idea of a TTB adventure for them?  Not that I mind, in fact, a box set of all three of them with story encounters and TTB would be cool. 

This time around, we split the Malifaux and TTB World Events from each other. Divergent Paths and A Stitch in Time are separate events and won't bump into each other. To the best of my knowledge, we never had any TTB stuff planned for them.

The Divergent Paths characters may show up in a future TTB adventure, as all three of them are still kicking around in Malifaux, but there aren't any immediate plans to write an adventure around them.

• Like 3

This is such awesome news. The Malifaux World has grown so much since TTB was released and that makes for an excellent opportunity to take what feedback has been given and give the rules a Polish at the same time.

As a long time RPG guy making the existing material compatible was a completely unnecessary thing to do..... that is so very much appreciated I am almost shocked. I can't wait to get my hands on the new material and all the adventure opportunities that it opens up! 

• Like 2

While it's irritating because I only just got the Core books, it's obvious that there's a design gap between the Core books and Expansion books, particularly the Pursuits.

Question - is the change going to be so drastic that, if we have a campaign running and decide to shift over, it's going to be difficult? I was hoping to start a campaign soon, but the changes in second edition sound nice.

1 hour ago, Mason said:

I'm guessing it wasn't listed because water is free. :P

Malifaux, a surreal world of supernatural horror and scientific madness... but have you tried the tap water? You can't get a clean glass of water like this in New Amsterdam! They must filtrate this stuff through Sir Francis Bacon's sandy beard!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mike Wallace said:

Malifaux, a surreal world of supernatural horror and scientific madness... but have you tried the tap water? You can't get a clean glass of water like this in New Amsterdam! They must filtrate this stuff through Sir Francis Bacon's sandy beard!

To be fair I wouldn't drink the local water there, either. I doubt the guild has water purification technology and if the local wildlife is as deadly as it is I can only imagine how bad the microscopic stuff in the water is..... :mellow: Probably better off with refreshment of the alcoholic kind or imported water which is most likely more exspensive then the former option and possibly still just from the river outside anyways.