Favourite 'Malifaux Provides' models

Treehouse

Hi,

I was thinking about good uses for Malifaux Provides and would like to ask whom you usually stick it on to. Here's what I've done so far:

Doppelganger

Being able to lay down a marker even if engaged and use it to heal is very nice, used it in Bodyguard. 

Hungering Darkness

Have used it once on him for anti-sheme running as you can use any sheme marker and don't need to be wounded to heal (at least that's what I've learned in another threat). You could also Heed My Voice of an enemy to let it lay a marker for you if you are low on wounds (enemy model considers Huggy friendly, so they don't count as engaged). It might be better than hitting said enemy because of +1 cast and no trigger needed.

Teddy

While it might safe his fluffy bottom and lets him do some sheme-denial by removing enemy markers, I'm quite undecided on this one. I guess he benefits more from Retributions Eye but I'll have to try it out more. 

Cherub

While he can't take it, he can let others lay a sheme marker as a (0) action, basically handing out a free heal. Might be too much of a hassle though.

Yeah, you really don't have any reason not to take Thousand Faces if you are going for a 1 SS upgrade anyway. It's nice if you can switch gears and what I just thought of, it will make Fears Given Form easier to organise with your own deployment. Say, if you want FGF on Lilitu, Huggy etc. simply give the model TF instead and don't worry about activations. This way, for example, Graves can activate next to Huggy and Show Him The Door without the Df duel. Then, when activating Huggy, switch to FGF, maybe even just in the second turn, as needed.

• Like 1

Malifaux Provides works well on whoever triggers The Queen's Champion (Titania upgrade). Makes Nekima pretty happy i tell you.

Given the marker drops on success, and Nekima having a Ml 7 :+fate  (once she becomes Titania's bff), odds are good that you'll drop at least one marker.  Titania loves markers as it is, but combined with the big nephilim's own inbuilt healing and the possible black blood shaman doing magic / damage in the background...she can last longer than usual.

@Sybaris:

I have no experience with Titania whatsoever, neither have I read her card thoroughly, so I can't comment on this. But I understand that the whole Fae crew is ace in dropping markers, so yes, that does make sense.

@Redline:

Mhm, true. Also because of (0) Revel in Reclamation he should be plenty fast to get to enemy markers to remove them from game via Malifaux Provides.

------------

Lelu and Lilitu:

Just brainstorming on this one, but if you take them both, each will heal from it. So you could get - say - Lilitu into the thick of things with Fears Given Form (which idealy was A Thousand Faces first and you swapped it before going in) and her +1 on all duels to really tie up models. Then, Lelu as a flanking denial piece drops sheme markers and eats them to heal Lilitu.

(But that actually lets me question the rules: You apparently can heal even with full health - hence being able to remove sheme markers even at full health. But I guess only actual healing is shared, so if Lelu is at full health when eating a marker and thus won't heal, Lilitu woudln't heal as well. What do you think?)

oh, I see....

It seems a very nice upgrade to be used to disturb enemy plans... but having to be at 3" from scheme marker at the end of activation, it needs to be put on a tough model, capable to absorb a couple of hits, as I think it will have a big target over his head... 

Depends.

If you are countering a sheme that is usually performed by enemy shemerunners - who tend to be on the lighter side - it is not as important. Also models that are hard to hit, because of terror duels, manipulative etc. can be good Malifaux Provides targets. The Doppelganger is perfect.

Concerning Lynch / his crew, something came to my mind. It's not competitive and more gimmicky, but it's there if there is a window of opportunity (also has nothing to do with Malifaux Provides, but Thousand Faces):

If you take 2x A Thousand Faces and you are planning to hit big with Lynch's Final Dept, you could theoretically swap both Thousand Faces for Pact and draw a card. You then activate Lynch last, draw 2 extra cards. That's plus 4 cards. If you drew a couple of aces, lets say 2, you could have 12 cards in hand.

It's totally nothing to plan on or probably not even worth it - but maybe if the opportunity arises to outright kill a Teddy or likewise, it might be a nasty surprise.

3 hours ago, Treehouse said:

If you take 2x A Thousand Faces and you are planning to hit big with Lynch's Final Dept, you could theoretically swap both Thousand Faces for Pact and draw a card. You then activate Lynch last, draw 2 extra cards. That's plus 4 cards. If you drew a couple of aces, lets say 2, you could have 12 cards in hand

except you can only take one of A Thousand Faces on an eligible model.

9 minutes ago, HydroMog said:

except you can only take one of A Thousand Faces on an eligible model.

Also, it's non-Master, if you're suggesting it should go on Lynch.

I think that Malifaux Provides is fantastic to have as an option for Thousand Faces.  If there are scheme marker heavy options in the pool, you may want it.  But if you see your opponent's crew, and Rasputina with 6 Silent Ones, then you can just turn it in to something else.

Personally, I've found that I often end up putting it on Mr. Graves.  I bring him along with 90% of my NB crews, and he always comes with 1,000 Faces.  If I need him to be more disruptive/survivable, it becomes Malifaux Provides, and he has a self-heal/marker removal engine.  If I need him to go beat up on armored models, it becomes Retribution's Eye.  And if neither of those are required, I'll usually stick him near my doppleganger and give him Useless Duplications.

I've been looking at putting it on Nekima as well, in case she just goes and sits in the middle for a Turf War type fight but even then, I'd rather have it be brought in via 1,000 Faces, so that I could also give her similar options - Retribution's Eye if needed, Malifaux Provides if needed, Pact or Obsidian Talons if not.  I have considered giving her 1,000 Faces that is earmarked to become Fears Given Form after the first activation, and then Malifaux Provides as her second upgrade.  

16 hours ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

I've been looking at putting it on Nekima as well, in case she just goes and sits in the middle for a Turf War type fight but even then, I'd rather have it be brought in via 1,000 Faces, so that I could also give her similar options - Retribution's Eye if needed, ...

Unfortunately, no Retribution's Eye for Nekima. Enforcer only. :(

On 27 november 2016 at 9:10 PM, Treehouse said:

Lelu and Lilitu:

Just brainstorming on this one, but if you take them both, each will heal from it. So you could get - say - Lilitu into the thick of things with Fears Given Form (which idealy was A Thousand Faces first and you swapped it before going in) and her +1 on all duels to really tie up models.

Small note: Fears given form could only go on masters or henchmen last time I checked.

• 1 month later...