Divergent Paths: Rezzer Edition

Parker Barrows

4 hours ago, Bengt said:

If you play the Child, pick Molly and then a Malifaux Child (I guess he is very precocious) as the only living model. Summon necrotic machine to sacrifice him for 0 VP as he is a peon. :P 

Other healers for the Trickster:

• Librarian (mercenary)
  • Malifaux Child (mercenary)

You get the Daily Mirror Bad Taste award for even thinking that up. :huh:

21 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

You get the Daily Mirror Bad Taste award for even thinking that up. :huh:

I like to think of it as a not very well thought through scenario. Neverborn and Outcasts can do it as well since they also have some non living Masters (several of which can summon their totems).

The Man scenario is likewise very beneficial to Obey, as you can then start the fight and get the 3 VP.

1 hour ago, Bengt said:

I like to think of it as a not very well thought through scenario. Neverborn and Outcasts can do it as well since they also have some non living Masters (several of which can summon their totems).

The Man scenario is likewise very beneficial to Obey, as you can then start the fight and get the 3 VP.

If you want to be that pedantic about it, it's 4VP to your opponent due to no valid targets for the possible parent token if a peon is the only living model. I'm objecting to the fluff of having a childlike model carry the token, regardless of station!

8 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

If you want to be that pedantic about it, it's 4VP to your opponent due to no valid targets for the possible parent token if a peon is the only living model. I'm objecting to the fluff of having a childlike model carry the token, regardless of station!

There is no station requirement to place the possible parent token, so it can be placed on a Peon without giving up 4 VP, that only happen if there is no living model whatsoever. Sure this might be an oversight but that is what the scenario says. And even if so, using one of the non living masters to build a crew with a token minion also seriously skews the scenario.

The whole selecting an enemy model only really works in any fun way, IMO, if one assumes all crews have a range of living models so each player can decide if they want an easy target for little gain or a hard target for more gain. So fun idea, poor execution, IMO.

Anna Lovelace stops the Trickster marker from moving based on Painkiller Tokens. Can't stop the healing based movements though, so not particularly useful in that regard.

While I would assume the general consensus disagrees, wouldn't the Nurse heal just move the trickster to the back of the deployment zone instantly? It heals infinitely many Wds to bring a model to full Wds. Heals for 0 do not count as heals, just as movements for 0 are not considered actual moves for purposes of pounce, hazardous terrain, etc. But, the trickster is considered a target for heals and any points that "would" be healed move the trickster marker instead. At the time of targeting, nurse heal operates to provide infinite heals, because it would get past any limitations on healing effects, if there were any, other than those that stopped healing. 

But on a more conventional side, run Hanna with Librarian/Chiaki for extra heals while having some potential for fighting. There's also Datsue-ba with Spirit Whispers and MLH, Turn 1 summon 2 seishin. Turn 2 move the Trickster 5" essentially. 

24 minutes ago, valhallan42nd said:

Nurses do not heal for a numerical value, therefore it does nothing, as per @Mason

Ah ok, missed his post.

MLH some seishin, have them get to the Trickster and go go? 

On an interesting note, the strategy for Trickster can only score 4VP, since there's no clause stating players can score more than 4VP.

3 hours ago, benjoewoo said:

Anna Lovelace stops the Trickster marker from moving based on Painkiller Tokens.

There is a sizable portion of the player base that will argue (correctly in my opinion) that Anna does nothing to prevent this, as the marker is not an enemy model.

(Not trying to spill the argument into another thread, just pointing out that this is a contested point)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, entropolous said:

There is a sizable portion of the player base that will argue (correctly in my opinion) that Anna does nothing to prevent this, as the marker is not an enemy model.

(Not trying to spill the argument into another thread, just pointing out that this is a contested point)

Agreed that it is a contested point, but I bring it up based on my interpretation--local rulings to the opposite will negate the point but if it's available then something to consider--especially since efficient healing options are somewhat few and far between for Ressers.

I'll start a discussion in the rules thread RE Anna--don't want to side track. 

Has anyone found an effective strategy for getting either a larger heal onto the trickster marker or multiple heals on the trickster marker? I haven't had a chance to play the strategy and nothing jumps out to me as being particularly effective for heals specifically.

My thoughts have been that Carrion Emissary walling off the Trickster marker would be effective, but that option seems too terrain dependent. The "strategy" that comes to my mind, though likely not effective, is running 3x shield bearers, choosing the 3 of them as the Painkiller token carriers, and giving them fast so they can double walk up to the Trickster Marker and each push it up to 2" towards the deployment zone. This is heavily terrain dependent, because the interact for the strategy is a push whereas heals generate a move, but it could potentially push the Trickster 6" towards the friendly deployment zone. Datsue-ba with MLH into 2x Seishin could in theory generate 2-4" of extra movement for a maximum of 10" Turn 1, for the cost of an SS, four 8+ cards and some lucky flips (moderate/severe for the actual healing flips or cheat them in as appropriate. 

Seamus might be a good master to do this with--Sybelle comply on a SS to trigger Vigor and force Seamus to back alley near the marker to defend it, draw fire, etc. while the shield bearers run in to get it moving and prevent enemy models from doing the same. That's 27 SS between Sybelle, Bleeding Tongue, and 3x Shield Bearers. If the SBs can successfully move the Trickster Marker, they essentially form a defensive line against enemy models interacting with the Trickster marker and could maneuver to make it impossible for the Trickster Marker to move back to the enemy half of the board. A lot of position specific and terrain dependent set up though, so I don't think this is a particularly effective strategy.

Reva may be an OK candidate to help with Blood Mark--push SBs closer to the Trickster Marker and they may not even need fast--but this adds three TNs to hit. It could allow Datsue-ba to summon 3x Seishin Turn 1 though, for 3-6 points of healing on three 8s for the healing TN. 

Has anyone found something more effective?

We haven't seen the trickster be particularly trickster-y. She's attempted to leave McM, which she paid somewhat dearly for, and she appropriated new trappings from a Guild Gard, but otherwise has been on her back foot since dying vs. taking control of her current situation. Hopefully we can pull a win on her and this will change with influence from Molly.

Really looking forward to the prospect of different masters of the same faction influencing a character--what blasphemy will Molly whisper to her? I say will because I really want us to win another reporting period, so hopefully it's not a "would."

5 hours ago, benjoewoo said:

We haven't seen the trickster be particularly trickster-y. She's attempted to leave McM, which she paid somewhat dearly for, and she appropriated new trappings from a Guild Gard, but otherwise has been on her back foot since dying vs. taking control of her current situation. Hopefully we can pull a win on her and this will change with influence from Molly.

Really looking forward to the prospect of different masters of the same faction influencing a character--what blasphemy will Molly whisper to her? I say will because I really want us to win another reporting period, so hopefully it's not a "would."

I was just thinking about that the other day. Hopefully being with Molly will allow her to express her more trickster-y nature.

Gasp--what if her influence from Molly is something about negative flips? I imagine she'll have something with McM influence, given she's been with him for two reporting periods. Hopefully something related to taking abilities, with a tack on effect if the targeted model has poison, rather than straight put poison on people.

On 10/20/2016 at 11:15 AM, benjoewoo said:

It's largely because of who won and the winning rewards. We knew she was going to get skinned alive and learn how to steal flesh if Rezzers won. If Neverborn had won, we knew she would give McMourning some Stitched would does seem pretty tricky.

It's not that's not tricky. It's just that she hasn't got much of a break.

I'll be honest. I was kind of hoping for the hat. :(

While I'd very much like to thump one of you for the little mechromancer and get some of the graviconstruct tech off of that b--Anna, I've got to go suppress the Neverborn instead, as should we all.

*leaves...pokes her head back in*

And you probably wouldn't even FIT in that STUPID dress this week anyway, Anna you--

*ok, the Malifaux Child has definitely been eavesdropping on the mechanics, with language like that*:huh:

I'm still pushing dressers for the trickster. Maybe one week or other they will potentially allow us to slap the belle trait on her. Hopefully we will win this week, but given that this is the second week they've given a story link to the dreamer, one of the most popular masters in NB if not the game, we have our work cut out for us.