Jump to content

Divergent Paths - Global Event


Lucidicide
 Share

Recommended Posts

Question: 

Am I allowed to play the same scenario more than once, but only letting the first one count? Reason being we have a small group of irregulars here, so it makes matching a bit more challenging. Eg. I can't play with you scenario X because I've played with someone else, or I've played all 3 scenarios with person B, sorry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Aaron said:

You can play whatever you'd like if it's not getting reported. But, you can only play once and have that game reported, win or lose. 

Sorry! 

Thanks for the reply Aaron. So just to confirm, if I've played trickster and reported it, even if I play trickster again with someone who hasn't, it can't be reported. Both players must not have reported to make it count? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Whoops. That was kind of an important thing to forget to ask about beforehand. Well, it had to happen to someone. :D

And it was my first game on the first day too!  What are the odds :lol: It wasn't even an impressive score either, we both went 3-3 because we had a scheme heavy pool with the Trickster's encounter and from turn 1 it was just a bloodbath so nearly no scheming even happened.  The Trickster was interacted with only once in the entire game and I couldn't cheat when I did it, got the suit that let my opponent move her away and that was it haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AdrianMills said:

We are running a shifting loyalties campaign with the story encounters giving scrip do we still flip for a weekly event?

As far as I can tell, the Divergent Paths games are in addition to whatever weekly event the campaign generates.

Just like how you can play one of the small box story encounters as a campaign game, you add the changes made by the campaign rules and the weekly event to the rest of the rules for the encounter.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, when will be the cut off time for the report of each and when will the new batch up;

We meeting on the 26th roughly 1 ~ 2 PM Georgia Time (which will be evening in EUROLAND) with no acess to the internet and will return ~ 5 hrs later to do the report. It would disheartening if your report would be void, because it was at that timeframe, where new stuff was coming.

 

Any intel on that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, solkan said:

As far as I can tell, the Divergent Paths games are in addition to whatever weekly event the campaign generates.

Just like how you can play one of the small box story encounters as a campaign game, you add the changes made by the campaign rules and the weekly event to the rest of the rules for the encounter.

 

 

Cheers I was unsure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, retnab said:

So, not to be that guy, but I had a draw today.  Lol, how do we report it?  We were both Arcanists playing Trickster if that helps.

Well, you essentially don't report it. That was your game, no winner!

9 hours ago, spikes said:

Thanks for the reply Aaron. So just to confirm, if I've played trickster and reported it, even if I play trickster again with someone who hasn't, it can't be reported. Both players must not have reported to make it count? 

Yes, that is correct.

7 hours ago, AdrianMills said:

We are running a shifting loyalties campaign with the story encounters giving scrip do we still flip for a weekly event?

Your campaign should function however you set it up locally + these special scenarios.

24 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Okay, when will be the cut off time for the report of each and when will the new batch up;

We meeting on the 26th roughly 1 ~ 2 PM Georgia Time (which will be evening in EUROLAND) with no acess to the internet and will return ~ 5 hrs later to do the report. It would disheartening if your report would be void, because it was at that timeframe, where new stuff was coming.

 

Any intel on that?

That will be too late. This time around we went with two week increments to give people more time to get in games.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So anything on the new encounter, how long it will take to get them up? As soon as I broke the News there had been a lot of sad face, because the games would not Count and for many, this would be the first global event and had been fired up since the announcement.

 

Unfortunatelly we only meet once a month (due to us have different jobs and obligations to fullfill). Naturally Wyrd can't accomodate everyone, but still it is kinda tearinducing right now...

 

EDIT; Okay reread the rules and they should be up by monday, now the question is monday, when? Will our Group make it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

The rules say that you need the results reported by Sunday. I come in on Monday morning and determine the winner. This means that your game on Monday the 26th will need to be the new scenarios for them to be able to count.

That is fine :) . No worries about getting in the second scenario, was just afraid, that it might take you a while to set up the next scenarios (if you need to apply extra stuff). Don't know how much prepared this in advance is, thus me being anxious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to confirm;

If a person played the event at participating store in all five sections (at least one game/section), he/she'll receive the prize sent through the store?
Or do they have to report their games (at least one game/section) in order to make them eligible of getting the prize?

I'm asking this because our group is quite small.
It's possible that someone might end up not being able to submit the result at all.

Cheers,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone asked, but does the encounter being reportable matter if the store can report it.

1. It's a tie. Do both players need play another game to qualify even if it's not being reported?

2. Sam can't play in the first week. Everyone else plays all three games in that week. Can Sam play Alex in a Divergent Path scenario for the store's reporting purposes even though the game won't be reported as Alex played and reported all three games?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information