Gen Con 2016 Orders

@Jam_Sandwich, @Myyrä: jeez, both your experiences suck. I'm slightly concerned I may not receive my order before GenCon 2017!

Jam - my brother is on your rock and looking for people to play against. If you want a new opponent, try getting in touch with @Manxfaux?

Being a small island I'll be surprised if @Manxfaux isn't a member of our gaming club already but I'll drop him a message just in case! Hoping to run different campaign/tournament formats regular to keep the ball rolling and you never know - he might have missed it and the more the merrier! 

For a game that's never been played before here got 16 interested (which is an achievement in itself)

• Like 1

Being a small island I'll be surprised if @Manxfaux isn't a member of our gaming club already but I'll drop him a message just in case! Hoping to run different campaign/tournament formats regular to keep the ball rolling and you never know - he might have missed it and the more the merrier! 

For a game that's never been played before here got 16 interested (which is an achievement in itself)

Cool - he definitely isn't, he only ever plays against me on Vassal. I'll make sure he checks his messages. 

My guess would be that at any moment now you'll be getting a postcard from the Post Office saying that it's being held to ransom for Import Duties (normally adds about a week to delivery times)....in a way you're lucky....my order is still in New Jersey...so along with the inevitable ransom note still  the best part of a fortnight away 

My order has been stuck in London for the past week and a half. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mine is in "Frankfurt" since 18th of August. I would not worry too much; as @Burnin' Coal pointed out; you will get a notification to either pony up -- or your precious order will go back into the hands of Wyrd. So we know now where they got the idea for Parker Barrows :D

Mine is also stuck in  Newark NJ.

Google tells me that Newark Airport is were FedEx have a massive transport hub. So it makes sense our stuff would get stuck there for a while. I'ts the likely exit point from the USA so it's where customs checks and stuff will take place.

Also, I don't know if I have had this with FedEx, but I have had orders from other parcel companies were your packet actually gets a new tracking number when it goes overseas, often the only way to get this number is to contact the carrier's customer services.

Yeah, the "hand off to Domestic Post at point of entry" is a thing which happens, depending on the level of service the merchant has actually opted for. (and often results in the tracking number change).

One of the things which really annoys me about the world; and this is not me having a go at Wyrd, all internet shops are like this.

But it aggravates me that the merchant is the customer of the delivery firm, and gets to decide what options to take up. A lot of these carriers have very granular options that they offer, and are very clear what is included in a given service, timescales, weekend delivery, hand off to domestic post for final leg... that sort of thing. A menu of options for different prices, but 99% of online business keep you in the dark about exactly what the deal is.

I have just checked mine, apparently it has landed in the UK after spending about a week in Newark NJ.

Okay, after several phone calls and despite my calm manner right now I'm beyond mad. Guess there are some british roots in the genepool. Far, far away!

Apparently my package is still at the IPZ (internatiol parcel Center (Germany, Frankfurt)), but yet it is not and that since the 18th of August.

The Person at the customer Service Hotline says, it [highly probably] might [not] be lost, it's probably at the IPZ, but DHL took it, but yet did not. Apparently it switched form parcel to Schrödinger's parcel and the status is since two weeks.

Adding insult to injury, they said I can't do anything about it; only Wyrd can claim it lost - yet it [probably] is not.

What additionally grinds my gears is that starting october I will be in [pre]honeymoon and can't go to the customs, since I won't be anywhere near it and with everything going full speed backwards I wonder if the package will go back...

@Molja We might have the same stuff going on and I think it's probably safe to contact Wyrd (like I did, so they can do anything about it).