10t model The one only you like and the one you hate others love

tadaka

So in 10t do you have a model that every one hates but you love how it plays? Also what model does every one else seam to love but you never want to take it.

My only I seam to love, Kamiachi. I LOVE this guy so much for McCabe other day I saw some one post terracotta finally make this model worth taking. What this guy is amazing ! Extra card check. Healing other models check. Push check.

My hate these guys, Guild hounds. Every one says to take dogs with McCabe these guys do NOTHING for me at all. I want to like them I want to do the amazing running with them but I cant get them to do any thing but die when I take them. Give me a big pack of wastrels any day rather then these guys.

Everyone kept hating on Fuhatsu, saying how much he sucks and does nothing. However, he is amazing tarpit/area denial piece (not -artillery- piece, as most people would presume). I also got lucky once (with the help of Shenlong and Fast) and decimated a Sonnia crew with continuous (2) Gatling Sweep attacks, leaving only Hopkins and some minion alive. High risk, high reward shooting. Very tough to boot. What's not love? Pfft.
I hate Izamu the Armor, on the other hand. Oh, yeah, sure, he has Armor+2 and :melee3. He can (0) heal himself and has a solid melee with +1 AP. However, he never does the trick for me: Too slow for the melee abilities to be useful, too often his low stats mean he becomes an easy target, not to mention that he seems to attract Red Jokers on damage and likes to fight it out with models that can ignore Armor. For the same points I'd rather take Ototo as a beatstick/denial piece, or Fuhatsu with his insane Gatling gun. Not to mention Fuhatsu now has a 'fix' upgrade for 0 SS from Wave 4 that gives him +1 Walk and a Ml6 :melee2 attack.

I really like the Lone Swordsman, but he tends to not get a lot of love. He is good at killing beefy enemy models.  Another model I really like are Orian. Their +1wp can be really helpful and their lure still casts on an 8 even though the crow is not built in, you can usually get it to work on a low crow. 

I feel like Mr. Tannen doesn't get enough love. Whenever I take him, his anti-cheating aura makes him a prime problem for my opponent, particularly in clumped up strategies like Turf War or Extraction. Adding Smoke Grenades makes him harder to kill from a distance as well. Chatty is not something to use all the time because he has to drop his Manipulative to use it, but can be a huge help in something like Headhunter. Bored to Tears has some useful triggers when used at the right time. And Leave it to Luck is, I think, going to be a big help for Asami's summoning.

As for something others like...I want to like Tengu, I really do. But they basically die when something - anything - breathes on them. I'm probably going to try them again with Asami, but I do not have high hopes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inquisitor Wall said:

I really like the Lone Swordsman, but he tends to not get a lot of love. He is good at killing beefy enemy models.  Another model I really like are Orian. Their +1wp can be really helpful and their lure still casts on an 8 even though the crow is not built in, you can usually get it to work on a low crow. 

Where doesn't Lone Swordsman get a lot of love? I see him up there with Sensei Yu, Izamu and Katanaka snipers in terms of praise.

Don't really have any models I hate, but 10T archers and High River Monks I think are great in the right conditions.

Model I like: Everybody loves the Brothers, but I sometimes feel like I love them more/too much. Maybe I could choose Low Rivers here, since I was one of the few to think they didn't need any upgrade help in RoF.

Model I do not like: Katanaka Sniper. These dudes never hit anything, and don't do any good on the rare occasions they do hit. This is always the worst performer in any crew I hire them in to.

I really like wastrels.  If they just double walk for defensive turn 1 then spend all subsequent turns healing a model for 2 damage, they're great support for winning the attrition battle of big beaters for me.  Then they have their triggers on castoffs...  Teleporting, self healing, free melee... but the coup de grace is the blast damage on their free pocket handgun attack, you can put one of your models up 2 and possibly get 5, 8, or even 13 wounds on your opponent's crew depending on how clustered they are.  This is best achieved with a free focus from Shen Long, as their sh stat isn't particularly strong.

I own almost every released Thunders model with the notable exceptions of Fuhatsu and the Lone Swordsman.  In particular, the Swordsman is just too easy to take down for my playstyle.  Whenever I've faced him, I've taken him out turn 1 or 2 without any lasting damage to my crew.  I can see he hits hard, but I like my own beaters  to be much more resilient.

• Like 1

Samurai for me. Most people just really don't like spending 8pts on them, but I love them and they do some work for me. Honorable mention to Lone Swordsman who gets a lot of hate, but I always have do tremendous work when I bring him.

I actually really can't stand Fuhatsu (just the model design, I really don't like the overplayed cartoonish mentally retarded angle) even though I've heard a lot of people sing his praises as board control piece of doom. And I wouldn't say I hate them... but I almost never take Illuminated. Like ever. One sneaks into my Lynch crew then ends up doing really nothing, normally. I know on paper they are fantastic but they despise me apparently.

• Like 1

The Dawn Serpent is my guy! He is a beast! (literally) and always does great work for me. Elegant model that captures the oriental dragon imagery perfectly. I think of him like a mobile bombing platform. His counterspell ability comes into play more often than you'd think, and his self heal always keeps him around. Few others that I know of make use of him. In fact, I have only seen him hanging out with Marcus, otherwise.

My hate goes to the Illuminated. I recognize that are resilient as 'all get out' and have other serviceable functions. I see them quite a bit in Henchman hardcore, and even with other non-Lynch crews. My primary opposition to them is their aesthetic. They are just simply UGLY. Most of my attraction to 10T in particular is the oriental stylings and mythos. As such, these Illuminated have no place in there visually, and I will not field them.

18 minutes ago, OneLittleThunder said:

You say "we" as though I were possessed of any talent or skill in that department. ;) 

I meant it more like 'We, as a group, have the enjoyable privilege of having a rather highly convertible game where customizing the models in creative and awesome ways with the addition of mostly Wyrd Games bit is rewarded". Well, it's good that you take personal pride in your conversion talent and skills. Convert away then.

1 minute ago, Eclipse said:

Well, it's good that you take personal pride in your conversion talent and skills. Convert away then.

What I was saying is that I don't take any pride in those skills, because I don't have them. I love that Wyrd is so open to conversions, and I've seen some brilliant ones. I just don't have the knack for it. so I'm making do with OOtB models and hoping for a Lynch Nightmare edition somewhere down the road...

2 hours ago, OneLittleThunder said:

What I was saying is that I don't take any pride in those skills, because I don't have them. I love that Wyrd is so open to conversions, and I've seen some brilliant ones. I just don't have the knack for it. so I'm making do with OOtB models and hoping for a Lynch Nightmare edition somewhere down the road...

Oh, I see. I got overly excited there for a moment. Well, sorry about the misunderstanding.
My own conversions (and painting) so far have been lacking in execution, but I have not given up. I intend to make a Lynch crew that blows everyone's minds one day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InvokeChaos said:

I totally think you should stick predator face on a widow weaver body. Cuz reasons.

Or even better! Throw it on a ronin!  Or maybe a Miss Anne Thrope!  Or...

I'm just going to stop now.

Actually, the predator face on Weaver body thing does not sound bad at all...

• Like 1

I mean, TT gets a lot of hate at my store, so I win to prove 'em wrong. Mostly kidding.

monks of the low river get a lot of hate, in my experience. But they are super fun for me.

Also. Someone said samurai, and I really like them too.

I had a lot of bad luck with TT archers when I started and have been meaning to try them out again. 

Ototo seems to come in for a lot of hate, and while he only appears in my lists occasionally, he rarely fails to impress when he does. I particularly like him with McCabe where the extra mobility makes him lethal!

In a particularly (and slightly unnecessarily) brutal tournament game of Squatter's Rights yesterday, I took him against Neverborn. By the end of the game he had almost single-handedly accounted for: Pandora; Nekima; Mr. Tannen; McTavish. At no point was he enraged - in fact I don't think he took a single wound.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Ototo seems to come in for a lot of hate, and while he only appears in my lists occasionally, he rarely fails to impress when he does. I particularly like him with McCabe where the extra mobility makes him lethal!

In a particularly (and slightly unnecessarily) brutal tournament game of Squatter's Rights yesterday, I took him against Neverborn. By the end of the game he had almost single-handedly accounted for: Pandora; Nekima; Mr. Tannen; McTavish. At no point was he enraged - in fact I don't think he took a single wound.

Someone needs to do an animation of that battle report

• Like 1

Seriously, I love Ototo. Whenever I'm hiring models I constantly worry if he's not gonna fall flat and how expensive he is and blahblah but every time I take him he does exactly what I want him to and he does it well. Very well.

On my hates; McCabe. Not that I think he's bad or anything, but he just doesn't click for me. At all. I can still make a decent TT list and do okay, but I never feel like McCabe gives it his own flavour or a reason to specifically take him. And something about creating a crew specifically for McCabe just short-circuits my system. Big minion, sure, but beyond that...

• Like 2

model I hate that everyone raves about are illuminated. They never get the work out of them I hope or expect. Don't get me wrong on paper amazing, on my table lackluster.

I love torakage, not sure how much heat they actually get but I seem to be playing one more and more. I have one in my McCabe crew, Lynch Crew and Shenlong 90% of the time these days.