Painters Challenge 2016 - AUGUST

Viruk

I don't mean to jump the gun but I think it's high time we started an August thread so I'll just go ahead and do it. I hope @Vaiuri doesn't mind.

Please post an update with your completed JULY pledge with the soulstone value and @Vaiuri will update the tracking sheet. Feel free to use this thread to post WIP photos (if you so desire), get feedback, trade ideas and hobby tips as we forge a path through the start of summer.

When you have completed your pledge, feel free to post it, but make sure to post it at the start of SEPTEMBER with their completed pledge photo and stone value for AUGUST - this will make it a lot easier for @Vaiuri to keep track of where everyone is up to. You can also PM him with your completed pledge if you like, and he'll add it to our tracker. If you see any errors in the tracker please let him know (again, PM is more likely to be spotted).

My July pledge of 15SS was completed and pics can be found below:

datsue_seishin_zpsrbgl53xb.jpg

pukeworm_zps9qewtkhd.jpg

I planned these models for August...

painters_challenge_august_zpspoipfb2u.jp

...and already completed them for a total of 30ss

painters_challenge_august_finished_zps4b

As always, more pics can be found on my blog.

Now let's see what  you've all come up with in JULY and please share your AUGUST pledges :+fate

• Like 9

July was very productive (by my standards).

PC16_Jul_zpslum8jwhr.jpg

• Yin The Penangalan - 8
  • Toshiro The Daimyo - 9
  • Komainu - 2 * 5 = 10
  • Seishin - 5 * 5 = 25
  • Datsue Ba - 8
  • Kirai - 15
  • Ikiryo - 5
  • Lost Love - 4
  • Shikome - 2 * 8 = 16
  • Gaki - 3 * 4 = 12
  • Carrion Effigy - 4

For a total of 116 SS, I don't think I'm going top that any time soon... 

Closeups start here.

This productivity also meant I outpaced assembling more stuff to paint - first world problems! :P So Start of August was all building, but I've started painting Drowned now with Large Arachnids, Mobile Toolkit and Malifaux Raptors in the queue. I ordered some more stuff too, but it hasn't arrived yet.

• Like 6

Here are my 12ss for July.

20160725_140747.jpg

20160725_140656.jpg

Like last month, I'll hold off the dirt, splatter, gore and blood until the whole crew is done; still planning on doing them all in one go when most og the crew is done.

Got a lot underway, so should handily be able to finish enough stuff to get through August, but will probably finish either more aboms, Rusty Alyce, or Ashes & Dust...

• Like 3

For July I did Lizzy and 3 ice gamin.  I am not happy with any of them, but started late and didn't have much time to work on them.  I was happy with how the ice gamin weapon conversion worked though.  I dremeled off the old weapons and sliced new ones out of a blue plastic crystal from the Reaper Bones line.  The snow is the usual recipe of white glue and baking soda.

17 SS = Lizzy (5) + 3 * Ice Gamin (4)

For August, I will probably focus on doing two mannequins.  I haven't decided on what to finish up for my half-done ride-along model.  I'll post pre-painted photo of the group once I decide.  Cheers all.

large.July2016_Lizzy_and_Gamin_done.jpg

• Like 3

My models for August will be 2 mannequins from Mr. Cooper's crew.  Outside of the challenge I will also finish paining a second Oxfordian Mage. 

large.August2016_Mannequins_OxMage_WIP.jpg

Must finish the Mr. Cooper box so that I can finish the Troubleshooters box so that I can start the Sandeep Desai box!  Oh yeah, and Raspy box.  At the rate I am painting I will be all set for the next painter's challenge in terms of unpainted models.  I blame Wyrd and their unresistable minis. 

• Like 2

Hello
I'm kind of late... I had said at the end of last month that I had painted a stalker and Papa Loco, but I've not posted any picture yet... I apologize. If this does not count for my July pledge, I'd perfectly understand. Anyway, there it is for 12 ss:
July_zpscogfvcin.jpg
Who will win the fight? The other would explode anyway :) 

I'm trying to finish a guardian for August. I hope I'll manage to do it before the end of the month.

• Like 3

Sadly, I've not had much success with my painting over July and August. In July I was too caught up preparing for Gencon to finish more than two Seishin, and this month what little time I've had has been spent assembling a pile of Oni. :/

So that's likely going to be two of my Black Jokers spent in two months. Hopefully I'll be able to make a big comeback over the course of September! 

If you're asking about the skin then yes, I used similar paints. Basically it's a layer of Rakarth Flesh mixed with a bit of black and then highlighted with pure RF, followed by highlights of RF mixed with white. After that it's a matter of several washed and glazes to make it look like the skin is rotting.

• Like 1