Ripples of Fate Story Discussion

Justin

2 hours ago, necroon said:

Also, and it may just have been me as I read through the story pretty quickly, but did the Student that Sandeep rented ever meet them in the Quarantine Zone? 

My understanding is that it did, when Sandeep is talking with the traitorous student, the wards go out and the traitor exclaims something about how the wards would kill anyone interfering with them. Sandeep wryly replies that you can't kill the dead. My inference is that the student snuck up while everyone was occupied and destroyed the wards somehow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pyrflamme said:

My understanding is that it did, when Sandeep is talking with the traitorous student, the wards go out and the traitor exclaims something about how the wards would kill anyone interfering with them. Sandeep wryly replies that you can't kill the dead. My inference is that the student snuck up while everyone was occupied and destroyed the wards somehow.

Ahhhhh okay. I assumed he was simply referencing his "I'm main character" force of will but that makes more sense.  Thank you!

Spoiler talk. 

I really like how even though Marlow is anti-Arcanist he isn't Anti-MS&U. 

Lucius has been rounding up the Union workers, but Marlow releases them, clearly unhinged by Lucius's disregard for due process.

Also never change the Death Marshal name! They are iconic!

Hoffman being the favorite is also awesome! He doesn't get enough love. It's sad that Ryle isn't alive and that Hoffman has been machine Puppetinf him the entire time. 

• Like 5

Spoilers spoilers spoilers

McCabe spoilers ahead!

I warned you. 

Basically, McCabe is responsible for sabotaging the Governor's plan of ascending to Tyrant-hood. The old Gov was using the relics McCabe brought him to channel the magical energy through. Well, McCabe switched out some magical hand bones for regular ones, and that basically ruined the ascension. 

In other words, the 10 Thunders saved Malifaux from the rise of another Tyrant :P

He is still willing to work with the Guild now that there's new management. "Everyone needs someone to do their dirty work" or something to that effect. Gosh I love spoiling things. More people need to read the book so I can stop treading lightly. Lightly as in 80lb steel boots stepping on light bulbs. 

P.S. Really feel for the Hoff in this one. Major internal termoil for him after a lifetime of struggle. I'm glad he is favored by Marlow (Hoff is a BOSS) and Lucius got a right and good trouncing from the new Governor. Poor Ryle :(

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Poor Hoffman :(

Still hoping for a McCabe vignette spoiler! Probably not as good as the Von Schill one, but as my favorite master I've got to know what he's up to!

In the Terracotta Warrior fluff blurb McCabe gives a couple to Lucius. 

Sadly im waiting on Rollin's Story because I dislike McCabe as an expy Indiana Jones... Much prefer mad max. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cadaverousbirth said:

In other words, the 10 Thunders saved Malifaux from the rise of another Tyrant :P

I wonder how much of that was really 10 Thunders? I figured Lucius would have prompted him to do that, or him to do it on his own as he seems clever enough. But mostly I assumed it was Neverborn and Lucius decided to throw Zoraida under the bus. Zoraida knew Lucius' plan and let it go forward, helping Hoffman stop the Arcanist bomb plot that would have disrupted it. 

If it wasn't Lucius' plan, then what did the french guy from his office tell Misaki and Lynch in Shifting Loyalties- did that lead to McCabe's act or Mei Feng's? And why was Lucius so smug about the aftermath?

Aaaah, I can't wait for the book to arrive at the local-ish shop. Curse you, $60 shipping :(

4 hours ago, Cadaverousbirth said:

Spoilers spoilers spoilers

McCabe spoilers ahead!

I warned you. 

Basically, McCabe is responsible for sabotaging the Governor's plan of ascending to Tyrant-hood. The old Gov was using the relics McCabe brought him to channel the magical energy through. Well, McCabe switched out some magical hand bones for regular ones, and that basically ruined the ascension. 

He is still willing to work with the Guild now that there's new management. "Everyone needs someone to do their dirty work" or something to that effect. Gosh I love spoiling things. More people need to read the book so I can stop treading lightly. Lightly as in 80lb steel boots stepping on light bulbs. 

P.S. Really feel for the Hoff in this one. Major internal termoil for him after a lifetime of struggle. I'm glad he is favored by Marlow (Hoff is a BOSS) and Lucius got a right and good trouncing from the new Governor. Poor Ryle :(

Well, I'm interested in what Molly (especially any mention of Philip) and Jack have been up to.

Also, shouldn't Ryle get a an errata to make him undead?

EDIT: Really, any and all spoilers would be appreciated. Still waiting for my order to be sent out, so I'm caring less and less about getting things spoiled.

Edited by Parker Barrows
See above.

14 minutes ago, tomjoad said:

This is specifically a spoiler thread. Anybody who comes in here and gets mad about seeing a spoiler is a dunce, imo. There's no reason to tread lightly.

I reserve the right to be petty about the people who posted without including a spoiler warning sentence so all the spoilers showed up in the recent activity list. You know, the one which sits right next to the topics on the forum front page?! It was a brief, but thorough, spoiler.

*takes some of the lightbulbs from Cadaverousbirth who did grasp that this was possible, and forestalled it with a spacer sentence, but then spends the next day winging lightbulbs at everyone who didn't* *and all the nearby Ramos players* *especially all the nearby Ramos players*

Pop quiz time, then: who spoke, in the first story in Twisting Fates?

• Like 2

On 8/14/2016 at 8:30 AM, necroon said:

Dreamer did, as well, as it was mentioned that his new form in Malifaux was not only clothed differently but also a representation of him at an older age compared to what he had been. 

As my brother said - guess he'll need new daydreams too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vlad said:

What happened to her?! The last thing I can remember is that she was saved by Sam from Raspy's wendigo.

Something big. Something huge. Something cool enough I have to type a long drawn out sentence so this does not show up in the post preview section because I am cool and smart ok good. 

When the Gov started ascending all of the Master's Avatars manifested. The same with Sonnia, Cherufe burned her office and several Handlers to a crisp. When the Gov fell, so did Cherufe. He was snuffed out. Gone. The Mask fell. 

Well, I'm trying to include a much longer spoiler sentence here even though it isn't technically a spoiler sentence but it seems like that leads into a likely explanation of one of The Other Side factions being The Cult of the Burning Man.

Good for Sonnia though. It means she can finally scratch that itch on her nose.

• Like 2